Respected Contributor

My top arrived today and as I was dressed for it and had been trying on new things from yesterday, I whipped it out of the bag and on it went.

Mine is in Ivory with the matte silver sequins and it fits like a dream in L, the smaller of my possible Linea sizes as there is room at the hip, and no godets so it isn't as full as it might have looked online and on tv.  Very slimming, not overly full at all.  Very expensive looking; no one would ever guess the price for this.

The style, color, tasteful use of the sequins, beautifully tailored collar and front placket (so well made), sleeve detail, and the wonderful pockets are all 5 Star!  I was set to return this as I had a huge case of buyer's remorse and no I don't need it, but there is no way I am returning this little treasure. 

It looks equally fabulous with slim black pants (or black velvet jeans for holiday time) as with washed jeans.  Yes, dress it up, dress it down so easily.

I hope everyone else likes theirs as much as I do.  It will fill a gap in my closet I didn't know existed.....and fill it with style.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review The Big Deal A302599

@author  Thanks for your review and I'm so happy that you love your new shirt.  I am larger on top (10/12) than bottom (6).  I really loved this shirt when it was presented, but didn't order because I felt the swing style wouldn't be flattering.  I was worried that the cut at the top back would make me look extra broad though my upper back (I hope that makes sense).  Now that you have the shirt, can you tell me how it fits in the upper back area?

Respected Contributor

@author  THANK YOU SO MUCH for your review.  I can't wait to get mine. I ordered the Black.  I am concerned about the size since I wear both an XS and S in this line and ordered the S just to be safe.  Then when I thought it may be full enough in the body, it was too late to change to an XS.   I'm hoping I won't have to exchange.  SO HAPPY you are loving yours.  This is not typically something I wear, but thought it would be perfect to take to Hawaii when we travel next month, for the slightly fancier evenings. I'm going to wear it with Black slacks and Black jeans.  THANK YOU again.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1

You will love it in black!  I think the fit as in the new lace top will be forgiving, and it all depends on where you need the room in a top.  Sure hope it works out as your plans for it are great.  

Just used my new cordless Panasonic TS from HSN and pressed this top (oh that crepe gauze is wonderful fabric) and now it looks like it cost yet another $100 more.  This certainly looks like a pricey special boutique item.

Respected Contributor

@Trudey  

As I was pressing it just now I noticed that added center back seam that gives it shape and keeps it from looking like a sack.  Nice. 

In the smaller of my two possible sizes (I am the opposite from you, smaller on top by one size) there is still plenty of ease across the shoulders and upper back, the neckline and collar fit perfectly, no pulling in the bust.  I would say it is running a smidge on the larger side, but of course we are all built so differently it's really hard to say. 

If you order it I'd stick true to the size you normally wear on top, and don't worry about excess thru the hips as it is cut so well, with no extra side godets, no ruffles or extra fabric at the hem, that it should work.  

Perhaps someone who is your size could add some info here.

Valued Contributor

@Trudey I ordered two tops in a medium and small. I got the small in the turquoise color and medium in the pink. I am a 10 in tops and the small is perfect. As someone stated the way it fits in the bottom doesn't stick out. It falls "gracefully" with plenty of room in the sleeves and bust. The medium was too big. I sent the medium back to exchange for a small I like it that much. I am new to Linea but this top is designed with quality. I was worried I might have made a mistake as sequins can be a disaster but this is a beautiful fit. 

Respected Contributor

@Mellie2 I'm so glad you love it.  I'm so tempted to try it...even at the higher price.  If you had to choose one color, which would you pick?  Did you order the crop pants?  They are so good.

Valued Contributor

I am on wait list for the crops in the linen color with fingers crossed. I love turquoise so that was a good choice for me. The pink is very pretty too. I think the black or white would be great too. I'm not much help with the colors. I think any color that you would get a lot of use out of would work. I was surprised how much I like the fit. I may go for a black later. It really is worth the price. thank you for the recomendation on the crops. I may try the white. If they aren't see through that would be great. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Big Deal shirt is beautiful. I got my usual xxs got in Linea pieces and it fits perfectly. This top isn’t too big at all. The Crepe Gauze has such a beautiful drape. It ‘s actually sliming. The pockets are placed just in the right place. The sequins are very chic, and not gaudy at all. I got three colors, and they all,look very different. I have a lot of invites this spring and they will all get used. If you are on the fence you should give it a try. You won’t be disappointed.

Respected Contributor

After waiting to read the reviews before ordering, I received this beautiful shirt in turquoise today.  I love everything about it except...it looks awful on me.  I was hesitant to order because of the swing style and my reservations proved to be correct.  While it fits beautifully through the shoulders and bust, it looks like a tent on me...front view, side view, every view.  I'm "V" shaped with broad shoulders and narrow hips and this style just doesn't work for my body type.  I'm so disappointed because it is gorgeous and the quality is amazing.