Valued Contributor

Re: Review:New Moss Crepe Dresses

@gardensla wrote:

My only complaint about this dress (well, I always want a deeper neckline) is the lack of POCKETS!!

I don't really want deeper necklines but I think this one could have gone a little deeper!  It seems too high even for me!  I always liked pockets.

Valued Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

"But these were at least 3 inches above my knees & no amount of self-tanner on these baby boomer knees would make a positive difference!"

LOL! I hear ya---it's like two Shar-pei pups peeking out from the bottom of the dress!

I'm flying back to MA tomorrow and I'll see my dresses on Friday---I'm a lot shorter so we'll see if the Baby Boomer knees are an issue--I suspect they will be. I was never planning to order this dress, but I got caught up in the show hype---happens a lot---no self-control! 

Sheesh,

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at these.  They will work for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I received my dresses in the,alabaster and pink and from the sneak peeks has always been a simple dress that you can accessorize as you feel fit.  I have always loved the swing style so I look forward to pairing this with the lace sweater and or strawhat and straw handbag or a shawl still keeping it simple but cute.  If it's too hot I cutback on jewelry first.

What annoys me is the fact that I ordered the two dresses and the ivory taupe cardigan early Monday morning before the show had it sent to my home address not my post office box and they are just arriving I will never pay expedite shipping because the packages usually arrive in a few days.  This is beyond puzzling to me.

Respected Contributor

Well, I just packaged up some items for return. I received my XS tunics today and they fit much better than the XXS which was unusually small and tight in the chest and under the arms. So they are going back. Black is beautifully basic and alabaster is such a flattering neutral. I will be stalking an XS in the pink.

I tried and re-tried on the dresses again. I decided to keep the black in XS. After reading some of the responses, I want to clarify that I think the dress is simply beautiful. I wasn't expecting fancy details. It just didn't fit me quite right. My issue was that my normal XXS was too tight up top. When I sized up it seemed like the extra fabric in the larger size overwhelmed me and this seemed meh. It was less obvious in the black. Heck, if alabaster ever becomes available in my size I might get that too. I like the swing style, don't really have to worry about wearing spanx, lol.
Super Contributor

Received mine in Medium - I am sad to say - just awful on me - I looked like I had a tent on - I ordered the Small as well - maybe those will be better - stay tuned!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1jac wrote:

I ordered the black and alabaster.  I tried them both without any accessories.  I was a bit disappointed, nothing special.  As a petite the length covered my knees.  My first reaction was to send them back.  Several hours later, I think I will try the black on with my blue Egyptian necklace and the alabaster with the jet beads. Then I will make a final decision. Has anyone else received their dresses yet? (BTW I just noticed that my in process wk cardigans which changed from back order due to the cs rep on Thurs and was changed to Free Express Delivery by her, still not moving from the warehouse AND there is a SH charge of $7.71(also taxed). I will call to complain about that. 

This is an update to my original post.  I did return the two dresses.  Sometime passed, and I read subsequent reviews and decided that I would give the dress a second chance, but go down a size.  I did seem to have plenty of room in the original.  I was able to stalk and today I received the black. It seemed that the alabaster was sold out. But yesterday, I was able to snare a Small alabaster and put it on check hold. I knew the black would be delivered today.  What a difference the right size makes!!!!! The black looked beautiful and I love it. So glad I gave it a second chance.  I have a question regarding the alabaster dress.  Will it fit the same as the black?  I wonder because the wide legged pants did fit smaller in the alabaster color than the black pants.  Ladies, I could use your opinions.  If the alabaster dress runs smaller, I'll release the check hold to give another gal a chance. I welcome your expertise. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I found my dresses to fit the same. I think the reason the alabaster pant fit smaller then the black was because the alabaster is lined and the black isn't. All the dresses are lined so they all fit the same, at least mine do. I agree the proper size makes all the difference. My xs size fit perfectly.

Valued Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I found my dresses to fit the same. I think the reason the alabaster pant fit smaller then the black was because the alabaster is lined and the black isn't. All the dresses are lined so they all fit the same, at least mine do. I agree the proper size makes all the difference. My xs size fit perfectly.

Thanks Marilyn.  I will process my alabaster dress. Your're right, both dresses have the same lining, so fit should be the same. I look forward to receiving.the dress. It's such a lovely color.

Valued Contributor

The neckline is higher than most v-necks? That's what I need. And ample room in the bustline.

Super Contributor

I must really be a lone ranger - these dresses looked absolutely terrible on me - I tried both medium and small, but to no avail - I looked short, squatty, and like I was wearing a tent (I'm 5'6" and 140 lbs)....so sad because I loved the idea of these dresses and have loved pretty much everything in Louis's line that I've ordered...guess you can't win them all!!