Honored Contributor

Re: Review Mardi Gras Necklace

WNYgal, your extreme delight with this necklace leaps out from your post.  This necklace belongs in Louis's Pantheon of Most Gorgeous Necklaces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beryl, I was thinking that about WNYGal's description.  Did your eye drop from my name to her post?  I can't hold a candle to WNYGal.

I think almost everyone who receives this necklace is going to wax eloquent.  It is spectacular, and I used that word for only one other of Louis's necklaces -- although all are, on some level, spectacular.  When I use the word, I mean I cannot imagine the item being any better and that I'm blitzed out of my mind with joy.  The other time I used it was for the short Palm Frond necklace in gold. 

Valued Contributor

No Goldie I was thinking of your message on Louis' blog.

Trusted Contributor

What to add to the glowing and well-crafted reviews above?!!!  This necklace is spectacular, and Mardi Gras is the perfect name for it.  Who wouldn't feel festive just putting it on?!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@GraceCO I feel the frustration too. My BFF received her necklace today. Mine is a state away and hasn't budged. Yes, I have the same 10 day EDD as you.

Lately some packages have been delivered at lightening speed. Certainly surprising and of course welcomed, but I'm not holding my breath expecting this to be the new Q. One order # with the three new tunic tops, same item # and size, was split into two deliveries. Now I see the same has happened with another order. One UPS, two USPS. Same order, size and item # again. Makes no sense. Shipping picked up for a heartbeat, yet I see 'in process' once again for too many days. Go figure. 

I agree, with sales down one would hope the reins would tighten up and service expiditated. And stay that way!

Enjoy your new dress! 

Everyone is loving this necklace and I'm so pleased reading these newly posted comments. ♡♡♡

BIG SURPRISE...a very nice one! My necklace arrived today! QVC still shows delivery on 3/7, but I'm not complaining one bit. I hope you get early delivery, too, @rochelleS!! Still waiting for the one I purchased for a friend Smiley Wink

Like everyone else, I'm gaga over this gorgeous necklace--it's a knockout. I can't wait to wear it! As @golding76 said so eloquently, it IS a "party around your neck." but to my eye, an elegant, refined one. Hope you love yours just as much, @rochelleS.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so glad I didn't miss out on this. I have to think that with its popularity, QVC will reorder it.  I especially like that it is lightweight.  I would love to see a simple, twisted gold hoop made to go with it.  Or a bracelet....

Esteemed Contributor

Awww! @GraceCO this is just wonderful to hear! Everyone so far seems so pleased with this necklace and it's just super to see you feel the same. Yea! 

If I recall correctly, the buyers nixed the matching bracelet? Silly, silly decision...Ya think!

I might get mine tomorrow. My tracking finally updated and looks like it has arrived at my local P. O., we'll see. It'll certainly cheer up the dreary turn the weather has taken. Crossin' my fingers. 

Grace, my best wishes to you and everyone else to enjoy and wear this necklace in the best of best health and happiness. I'm sooo excited...

Valued Contributor

I just checked the status and it has arrived at the local post office, so I am very hopeful that I will receive it Friday.  Just reading what everyone has to say, tells me it will be a delight to wear with so much Linea fashions. 

Esteemed Contributor

LaLaLa!  It's here! And thawing out! Apparently my account hadn't updated and this was delivered yesterday. It has been sitting outside in 20 ° weather and is too cold to try on right now, brrrrr, but I sure can enjoy looking at this beauty and I am delighted. These multiple colors and shapes of the stones and the bright gold ribbed tubing are so interesting. Truly a very unusual and attractive piece. It's like a kaleidoscope. A fairy tale beauty and I can't wait to try it on and wave my magic wand. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had a happy surprise yesteday when my Mardi Gras necklace showed up.  The tracking info wasn't up to date and left me assuming I had one more day to wait. What more is there to say about this beauty?  It was definitely worth the wait!  I love Louis's gold finish, which always looks so real.  The stones are so well executed that I could swear the amethyst is real (although I know it's not)!

I can't wait to wear it - have two dressier occasions coming up next week and will get the opportunity then.  My hat is off to the ladies who plan to wear this with a tee shirt and jeans, for me at 5'2" this is just too much necklace to wear casually.  But it will be a grand addition to polish off a dressier outfit.  Louis really hit it out of the park with this one!

I've already entered my review on QVC.com.  Hopefully with all of our five star reviews and the quick sellout, QVC will reorder so that everyone who wants a Mardi Gras necklace will have the chance.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett