Respected Contributor

Review: Linea Sleeveless Maxi Dress A304750

[ Edited ]

I ordered all three colors of the maxi dress and got expedited delivery today of the blue fog. Couldn't wait! Love the dress & the blue fog is a lovely blue/grey color Smiley Happy

I ordered my usual size, medium, and the fit is spot on. At 5'9", the length is about 2-3 inches above my ankle. The fabric is substantial, but not heavy in any way. I thought it looked weightier on the models during the show, but it's drapey and light. The armholes are just right and the dress slips on easily. The A-line is very flattering for all body types.

I've already been trying on jewelry and I'm amazed at how much works with the blue fog color...the silver, gold, copper Etruscan sets, the Cancun/Cozumel necklaces, the faceted bead necklaces, Mardi Gras necklace, the new multifaceted necklace in celadon, Maya necklaces, the Pompeii necklace in cypress...so much to try. 

Now, I'm looking forward to getting the prune and camo. I think this maxi dress is another Linea winner and one I'll be reaching for year round for both casual and dressier occasions.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review: Linea Sleeveless Maxi Dress A304750

Enjoy, I’m sure you look lovely.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Grace.  I was on the fence, but ordered in Prune in Petite. I was thinking of wearing the Copper Mayan and Etruscan necklaces/earrings with it, as I missed out on the new tonal Lilac set. I ordered those Rose Gold Sandals that Louis used on the models a few weeks ago which should tie it all together nicely.

Enjoy!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Hi, Sheesh! I think the copper will look amazing on the prune dress & the sandals will tie it all together. I also missed out on the tonal nugget set in lilac & will try the lilac flower set with it & see if that works. Otherwise, my Etruscan copper will be perfect.

I coud kick myself for not ordering that tonal set--it was in my cart and I got distracted! I think the inventory was low on that one, as is the case with so many Linea jewelry pieces. Did you get the carnival necklace? I know you were all in on the seedbead Smiley Wink Hope you enjoy it all!

Valued Contributor

Waiting for the blue fog and prune maxi dresses. I ordered the usual size in linea dresses a medium and hope that it fits. I was able to get the lilac necklace on waitlist, which I doubt will come, that color was so popular. But as you'll say the copper will look good with the prune and I have the copper necklace.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I coud kick myself for not ordering that tonal set--it was in my cart and I got distracted! I think the inventory was low on that one, as is the case with so many Linea jewelry pieces. Did you get the carnival necklace? I know you were all in on the seedbead Smiley Wink Hope you enjoy it all!

LOL, I got 4 Carnival necklaces---the Fushcia, Orange, Aqua and Blue.  I got the Red, Amber and Pink Seed Bead.  Waiting impatiently for the Cuffs--which I thnk may fit my skinny wrist after seeing on the models.  They are coming in two sizes.

I don't have the Lilac Flower Set---don't think I am going to spring for it right now, either. It might just be too dainty/subtle for me. I have it in the Mint/Celadon and I have never worn it! Maybe I should try wearing it and see if I change my mind. There's an idea!

Super Contributor

@GraceCO

This is great to hear, as I am awaiting the Blue Fog myself.

Is the dress sheer around the legs? I'll be wearing it to a garden wedding and the sun will likely be shining (in July in the Colorado mountains) and I don't want anything that will be see through.

Respected Contributor

I just realized that I also have this Lola Rose necklace in Berry Flourite (now on Clearance) and I could layer it with the Gold Etruscan necklace to wear with the Prune Dress.

http://www.qvc.com/Lola-Rose-Islington-Beaded-Adjustable-Necklace.product.J335390.html?sc=NAVLIST

Some Reds also go with some Purples, so I'm anxious to see if Louis' multi strand Red necklace from a few years ago works with the Prune dress.  I think I have a Red Tote bag in the same shade to pull it all together.  I'll let you know.

I have some seed bead necklaces from Joan Rivers from years ago and I bet some of them will work with Prune dress, too. Shop your closets, girls!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the good news @GraceCO! I ordered the dress in prune, but it hasn’t been shipped yet. None of the clothing items have been shipped. The lilac necklace & earrings arrived today and the 2 carnival necklaces will be here tomorrow. Meanwhile it appears the pink seed necklace may be lost; CS told me to call back on the 7th if it doesn’t appear by then. Go figure! 

Respected Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

Is the dress sheer around the legs? I'll be wearing it to a garden wedding and the sun will likely be shining (in July in the Colorado mountains) and I don't want anything that will be see through.

Carol, I watched the presentation and it was not sheer at all around the legs. Don't worry.