Respected Contributor

Review: Linea Moss Crepe Maxi Skirt A341729 & A341730

[ Edited ]

I received the moss crepe pull-on skirt in black today and it's another winner from Louis. Ordered my usual size, medium (12-14) and the fit is spot on. Length-wise, it hits just a couple inches above my ankles (I'm 5'9") and the best part is the drape of the fabric. Hangs beautifully with just enough fullness--but not the least bit bulky--and it creates a slimming, elegant look. So feminine and lovely. I didn't want to take it off!

Now that I know the size fits, I'll be ordering the teal & merlot and a backup black. Whenever Louis does a maxi skirt (like the feather knit & ponte versions) I'm "all in." Those skirts are among my favorites & this one will be no different. Hope Louis keeps the maxis coming, especially now that they're offered in regular & petite sizes.

Now looking forward to getting the matching tops this Friday!

Edit: This skirt comes in regular and petite sizing. Both item #s above.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review: Linea Moss Crepe Maxi Skirt A341729

@GraceCO wrote:

I received the moss crepe pull-on skirt in black today and it's another winner from Louis. Ordered my usual size, medium (12-14) and the fit is spot on. Length-wise, it hits just a few inches above my ankles (I'm 5'9") and the best part is the drape of the fabric. Hangs beautifully with just enough fullness--but not the least bit bulky--and it creates a slimming, elegant look. So feminine and lovely. I didn't want to take it off!

Now that I know the size fits, I'll be ordering the teal & merlot and a backup black. Whenever Louis does a maxi skirt (like the feather knit & ponte versions) I'm "all in." Those skirts are among my favorites & this one will be no different. Hope Louis keeps the maxis coming, especially now that they're offered in regular & petite sizes.

Now looking forward to getting the matching tops this Friday!

Thanks for the review @GraceCO. I'm not sure about my size, so I ordered just one in teal to go with the embroidered teal top and a teal drape neck on Fri. I'm waiting to see how that one fits when it arrives.  My only worry is that if I have to go down a size, it might be sold out because they they don't get in as many of the smaller sizes. I'll be ordering the drape neck in two sizes because I don't want to take a chance of missing out on that one. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Thanks for your review. I need to order this! As usual I’m unsure of size. With skirts I sometimes need a larger size. Bohos I get an XXS, but in the wildflower skirt I ended up with an XS. And at 5’5” I feel in the middle of regular and petite. So frustrating for me.
Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO  Have been waiting for a review on this skirt . . . many thanks for such a comprehensive write up!

Have already ordered the embroidered top. I'm ready to order A341729, but have a question: you mentioned "the size medium was perfect for a 12-14 . . ."   Do you mean this skirt is running large? Usually I wear a medium in Louis' clothing, but I'm closer to a 10-12 at 5' 7.5" and 140-145 lbs. Shall I order my normal medium or go down to a small? Hesitate to order a small in the Linea line . . . or anything. Thanks in advance.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags and @crazycockermom

Sizing is always tricky for me, too. Always a tough call, which is why I (reluctantly) did the expedited shipping to get an early read on the sizing...In Linea skirts, I usually go up a size, but this time I went by the click here measurements & felt I could get by with a medium, due to the fabric/style. Having said that, I think the large would work equally as well for me. Depends on how much ease you prefer in a skirt. If this skirt didn't have the drape of fabric, I think the medium would be too skimpy on me. Hope that helps a little.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@GraceCO  Have been waiting for a review on this skirt . . . many thanks for such a comprehensive write up!

Have already ordered the embroidered top. I'm ready to order A341729, but have a question: you mentioned "the size medium was perfect for a 12-14 . . ."   Do you mean this skirt is running large? Usually I wear a medium in Louis' clothing, but I'm closer to a 10-12 at 5' 7.5" and 140-145 lbs. Shall I order my normal medium or go down to a small? Hesitate to order a small in the Linea line . . . or anything. Thanks in advance.

@BirkiLady, my pleasure. Hope it's helpful.

No, the skirt is not running large. I'm always between sizes. I just think because of the "extended" elasticized waist and drape of the fabric, the medium fits me. But, the large would also work--it would just be an easier/fuller fit. If I were you, I would not size down.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO wrote:

Sizing is always tricky for me, too. Always a tough call, which is why I (reluctantly) did the expedited shipping to get an early read on the sizing...In Linea skirts, I usually go up a size, but this time I went by the click here measurements & felt I could get by with a medium, due to the fabric/style. Having said that, I think the large would work equally as well for me. Depends on how much ease you prefer in a skirt. If this skirt didn't have the drape of fabric, I think the medium would be too skimpy on me. Hope that helps a little.

@GraceCO

That's good to know, because I actually went up a size.  I usually order XS in Linea bottoms, but I wanted to make sure that I had a drapey effect with no pulling.  I have no hips, but a generous backside and "tummy issues".  Any pulling over those areas is really unattractive, so I decided to try a S.  It's reassuring to hear that the next size up would probably have worked for you in addition to the size you ordered.  So I should be ok with the larger size.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@GraceCO

Wonderful review!  Mine arrived today and it is exactly as you describe!  The drape and flow of this marvelous fabric cut perfectly to flatter is lovely.  It looks like nothing much until you put it on and then you can see the mastery of the design immediately.  

I sized up and glad I did but I think smaller would have been fine too. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for the reviews ladies!  I am buying the teal top, but this info helps if I decide on the skirt.  I am waiting to see the soft floral skirt with the asymmetrical top.  I have the long sleeve scoop neck moss crepe midi from last fall and the short sleeve maxi from this spring and I noticed that my husband raises his eyebrows everytime I wear them.  Something about how this fabric skims your curves!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@GraceCO

That's good to know, because I actually went up a size.  I usually order XS in Linea bottoms, but I wanted to make sure that I had a drapey effect with no pulling.  I have no hips, but a generous backside and "tummy issues".  Any pulling over those areas is really unattractive, so I decided to try a S.  It's reassuring to hear that the next size up would probably have worked for you in addition to the size you ordered.  So I should be ok with the larger size.

@shoesnbags

Sounds like you made the right pick on size. I also have tummy issues and don't like the pull across my middle--the boho skirt does that even in the size large for me. So, I always wear a top that covers the mid=section. With this maxi skirt, there is no problem--I could even tuck in a shirt and it would look good.

I wanted the lower of my two sizes to work for a couple of reasons. I'm losing weight and I was concerned there would be too much fullness in the drape in a larger size. But, that's not the case. The brilliance of Louis makes the difference in how it drapes in a slimming way. I could even use a bit more fabric for "swirling" and be very happy! So, I think you're good with your size and hope you love it! Are you pairing it with the flower tunic?