Honored Contributor

Re: Review A366537 Plaid Linea Boyfriend Blazer

@TheOwl   I've received the three that I ordered and my favorite is the yellow!  It will be worth the wait.

@TheOwl wrote:
Ordered the yellow. It's taking a l-o-n-g time to get here. Tracking has it in Ontario, Canada. That seems odd to me.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Phoenixbrd:  It looks like it will continue to be a l-o-n-g wait since tracking doesn't even having it leaving California yet......Thanks for the hope of a good end result.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw this blazer at Nordstrom by Veronica Beard, priced at $695. Reminds me of the cutaway lines of the Linea plaid blazer. But, what a price difference.

nordstrom blazer.jpeg

Regular Contributor

Those Veronica Beard jackets are amazing though!  I had the opportunity to meet the Veronica's at a NYFW event in Sept and picked up a jacket as they were offering a nice discount. I did have to size up one size for a more comfortable fit in them however.  

I do agree that Linea jackets are amazing at their price point however.  I was super disappointed in this one tho.. it was in no way a "boyfriend" style which bummed me out as that was what I wanted.  I went with the higher size of the 2 sizes I normally wear and it did not fit me well.  Upper arms were super tight and I didn't like how it looked buttoned.  I did try to re-order the caramel in one size up but they said it was sold out however I see that a ton of sizes (including the one I needed) are now available.  

Honored Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Meghan McCain wore a red blazer on the Q this a.m. It was worn open which makes sense since she was sitting down the whole show.

I have to dig in my closet. I have a Victor Costa red blazer trimmed in black that is very old. I only ordered two items from him (he was showing very dressy items) that are now in style. The other was a windowpane plaid cotton shirt with embroidery on the top. 

I looked at it carefully. It is so beautifully made. All the seams are finished. Got a compliment before I left my apt building.

@lavendar 

Everything I got from Victor Costa was made so well.  It looked as though it was 'made for me.'  I loved his items, many too dressy for me but the ones I ordered (even the very dressy ones) were so well designed and manufactured.

Honored Contributor

This is off subject.  I apologize but I’m wondering why Louis wasn’t on the show the other day presenting his garments.

I rewound the show and didn’t see where it was addressed.

I hope he isn’t sick as he’s usually there to talk about them.

He’s so wonderful.  I always buy several of his pieces when he’s on.

Thanks for letting me bust in on this.  I didn’t know where else to ask about this sweet man.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Louis is no longer doing ON AIR presentations.  The commute for him from Connecticut is no longer viable for him.  It is anywhere from a 4 to 6 hour trip one way.  He has started to do live previews on his facebook page and of course on his blog.  He is still designing and will continue to do so but has eliminated his trips to PA.  Jennifer will do all of the on air presentations.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime  Thanks for the info.  I used to go on facebook, but I don't much anymore....my daughters said it wasn't a good idea or something.  The fact is I just don't have time.  Thank goodness I'm not on Twitter or any of those things because I'm very (add another very) outspoken and don't like meanies, etc.  I'd get into so much trouble.  Ha!

You know, if QVC was an up to date business many of these designers wouldn't have to leave the comfort of their homes.  We could see them go directly to the designer's home and see them talking about who and why.  If they wanted to save money not having a 'model' there, they could even do split screen or flip back and forth.....

My daughter works for a Tech company;y who has many of their employees working from home.  She has face to face meetings (with people around the world), never leaves her house.  When she visits me in Va she brings her computer and works from my house (again, meetings, etc).

I just mention this because, obviously QVC is behind the times and some of the changes are definitely not good.

I don't think this is the place to bla bla about some of the negative things but I really miss seeing him.  I go way back on his clothes.  I've 'outgrown'  I like that way of saying I've chubbed out, many of my Louis clothes but I don't think I'll ever part with them....they stand the test of time.  And since I'm an optimist, I like to pretend I'll loose weight and fit in them again.

Enough, so you take care and thanks for letting me know Louis isn't sick.  I don't blame him for staying home.  I quit work around 44 years ago and never went back.

Have a good weekend.  Here in Virginia it will be in the 50's or so and sunny.