Respected Contributor

Re: Review A366537 Plaid Linea Boyfriend Blazer

I am a size 10. The jacket fits perfectly in the shoulders and sleeve length. I think the fabric is just fine quality and feel.

I did return mine. I am 5'6" and just felt like the plaid was just too much for me. I don't wear a lot of prints so I guess it was just out of my comfort zone. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My ivory blazer arrived very promptly and in great shape.  Like all of Linea, its construction is impeccable.  I have not as yet tried it on with the various ways I anticipate wearing it informally but will have fun doing just that.  Just a few thoughts about that is with jeans, my black faux suede pants from last year, with a black boho, and knee high riding boots with all. 

I also don't quite understand the negative comments about the weight of the fabric.  This is clearly a transitional jacket that will work as well for early spring as for fall, particularly in the ivory plaid.

Regular Contributor

Has anyone tried the Yellow Plaid with the Umber Camo skirt? Hoping someone can save me a shipping charge :-)

Respected Contributor

@CGee I don't have those two pieces but from seeing them presented and online photos to me they look great together, very modern, not so preppy.

I wore my Ivory plaid blazer the other day with light wash Laurie Felt slim ankle jeans (Cambre) and a deep plum/purple Dennis basso top, lots of silver and pearl long Linea necklaces.  I loved it!  Had compliments!

The blazer is so soft and comfortable when you are wearing it - like a sweater, yet it gives the appearance of a true structured piece.  Very well done.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks author! Will order.

Super Contributor

@author wrote:
The blazer is so soft and comfortable when you are wearing it - like a sweater, yet it gives the appearance of a true structured piece.  Very well done.  

This is a very comfortable jacket. I have the caramel by the front door and use it all the time (regardless of what I have on). A sarf around my neck and I'm off. 

Respected Contributor

@vickybliss 

Exactly!  Of course, it does look great with all coordinated pieces, very sophisticated and even dressy, but it can be put on with whatever you like and look perfect, like a stylist imagined your outfit.  And that's a testament to the jacket and its design.

Trusted Contributor

I loved the caramel color plaid and the soft fabric. The fit was fine in my regular blazer size 12, but I sent mine back as the cut away style at the bottom was just not flattering when the jacket was buttoned and unbottoned, it made me look squat - well even squatter than I already am!  In addition the packing made one lapel's fold a different size than the other - looked very lopsided and no amount of steaming was going to correct it.  That could have factored in to the bad look on me, but Alas, I did send it back.  

I prefer Louis three button blazer in the trench fabric - new colors coming soon!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 wrote:

I loved the caramel color plaid and the soft fabric. The fit was fine in my regular blazer size 12, but I sent mine back as the cut away style at the bottom was just not flattering when the jacket was buttoned and unbottoned, it made me look squat - well even squatter than I already am!  In addition the packing made one lapel's fold a different size than the other - looked very lopsided and no amount of steaming was going to correct it.  That could have factored in to the bad look on me, but Alas, I did send it back.  

I prefer Louis three button blazer in the trench fabric - new colors coming soon!  

Sorry the blazer didn't work for you. I'm totally with you on the three-button blazer--I much prefer it to the one button. The cutaway, even on someone tall like me, is also a bit unflattering IMO, especially buttoned over pants. Personal taste is all. So, I'm wearing my caramel blazer with skirts. I love the fabric, fit & color and it's a keeper. I wear it all the time. I have other blazers to wear with pants, so I'm set.

I have the black, taupe & port blazers you mention and I'm looking forward to the upcoming new colors! Can't get enough of that blazer in that trench fabric.Heart

Respected Contributor

Meghan McCain wore a red blazer on the Q this a.m. It was worn open which makes sense since she was sitting down the whole show.

I have to dig in my closet. I have a Victor Costa red blazer trimmed in black that is very old. I only ordered two items from him (he was showing very dressy items) that are now in style. The other was a windowpane plaid cotton shirt with embroidery on the top. 

I looked at it carefully. It is so beautifully made. All the seams are finished. Got a compliment before I left my apt building.