Respected Contributor

Re: Review A366537 Plaid Linea Boyfriend Blazer

[ Edited ]

Honestly, the reviews criticizing the fabric of the blazer just seem odd. The blazer fabric is not thin, but lightweight, and as comfy as a sweater blazer, but more refined in fit. Feels like a cashmere blend! We all know no one beats the amazing fit of an LDO blazer. No difference with this one. Once you get past the expectations of getting a loose/oversized "boyfriend" blazer, you will love what you see. It's a classically styled Linea blazer--just longer, which I LOVE.

I got the caramel and ordered one size up (as usual for me in a blazer/coat) and the fit is PERFECT. I looked carefully at the plaids matching, and in all the places that matter, it does. Someone mentioned puckering and I also saw that on a side seam, but a quick steaming took care of it. Blazer was shipped in a bag, but there were very few wrinkles.

Luckily, today was a cool, autumn day here and I threw my just-out-of-the-bag caramel blazer over a blue denim shirt, Eileen Fisher brown knit maxi skirt and caramel leather boots. It was soooo comfortable that I didn't want to take it off. I know this will be one of those grab-and-go pieces this season. 

Honored Contributor

It's great those who posted here didn't have any problems with their blazers.

It was mentioned being surprised by the negative reviews.  I read them and must agree with their findings.  I saw some of their complaints on the models and Louis' representative.

The hem was noticeably pulled up in the front and side of the rep's jacket that often happens when the lining isn't sewn properly.  I also saw it on two of the models.

Plaids didn't match on the rep's jacket and some of the models, one was the lapel where everyone can see and on others along the sides. 

The fabric looked very thin to me by the way it moved when the rep and models walked.  The fabric pulled at the button on a few of the models.  They opened it.  

On two of the models, the fabric on one of the pockets hung down.  Seams were not sewn straight on the pockets when the flap was put inside.

In order for me to get the shoulders to fit properly, the chest would have been too small to wear anything other than a very thin top.  I thought shoulder measurements ran larger than usual, the chest smaller.  

I agree with negative reviewers from what I saw during the presentation this was not Louis Dell'Olio's usual quality.  I think it might have been caused by the jacket being a Daily Deal, too many made at one time similar to the hit or miss quality of TSV's.  Fortunately, some received hits.  

Did not order for the above reasons.  For those saying why didn't you order it anyway, you might have gotten a good one.  Not taking chances on what I saw.  

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@beach-mom  Sorry did not mean to usurp your thread did not see it put it down to blazer excitement! Lol.

@dulwich - You didn't! My review is on the actual page that shows the blazer. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

Luckily, today was a cool, autumn day here and I threw my just-out-of-the-bag caramel blazer over a blue denim shirt, Eileen Fisher brown knit maxi skirt and caramel leather boots. It was soooo comfortable that I didn't want to take it off. I know this will be one of those grab-and-go pieces this season. 

Grace, your outfit sounds wonderful--enjoy!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Ivory Plaid Blazer arrived!  I have no complaints!!  I have no idea why QVC chose to label this "Boyfriend Blazer".  It is not and the heading is very misleading but the description states it is semi fitted.  The blazer when buttoned does not overlap, it is a more fitted waist with a single button.  If I had to describe it, I would call it a cut away fit.  It is not a boxy fit. The fabric is very soft, not stiff or heavy.  It has a lovely drape when unbuttoned and is flattering both ways whether buttoned or unbuttoned.  If you carry your weight around your waist, this blazer will disguise it and give the effect of having a waistline. I am not a small size but a 14 and I carry weight around my middle. In my jacket, the plaid matches.  The plaid is more of a menswear plaid which adds a tailored look to a very feminine blazer.  I purchased the Chatelaine brooch and tic toc pin to go with it the blazer which elevates it to another level,  I am extremely pleased and satisfied, so much so that I will order the yellow one as well.

Respected Contributor

My blazer in ivory arrived, I steamed the big wrinkles out and will give it a thorough pressing later.

I love it.  It hangs so beautifully, lovely plaid, and it matches up just great.  I had so much fun trying it on with a variety of underpinnings from slim jeans and black WK tunic and artisan jewelry, to some Chanel-esque layering of Linea long necklaces, and  sometimes just a great scarf, etc.

This is an amazing piece as it is very versatile besides being the piece that "makes" your outfit.  Anything simple under it and add the blazer, voila, you are stylish instantly.

And the practicality of it is also important.  Great outer jacket for me in the midwest in the fall/spring, and can be worn under a winter coat or indoors as the blazer that it is.  

The scarlet and soft pink stripes in the Ivory are so feminine and lovely in the overall black/ivory menswear look.  Louis really came through on this one!

Esteemed Contributor

@author 

I enjoyed the feedback and comments on your Ivory blazer. Very nicely stated.👍 Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Just an additional note on the blazer - I pressed it thorougly with a steam iron tonight and it looks SO much nicer, all seams flat and smooth, collar perfect, etc.  Made a big difference from just a light steaming to get out the packaging wrinkles.  I'm really liking this soft fabric; it makes the blazer more feminine than a man's sportcoat and feels so very nice on.

It's a beauty.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee , too bad you didn't order. My ivory and caramel blazers are perfect in every way. 

Valued Contributor

@loveschocolate I agree!  Got my Caramel today & not only is it perfection but it's really COMFORTABLE!!  The fabric has a cozy feel, I really like it...