Respected Contributor

Review A366537 Plaid Linea Boyfriend Blazer

When I saw the above presented, on impulse, I ordered the ivory.

It arrived today and it is just great.  The fit is perfect, soft and comfortable to wear, length on my 5’4” just right.  Plaid colors just beautiful - no mismatching

I was not sure of my # sizing went by click-ons so my size 14 perfect - I can button it no pulling.  Sleeve length good can also push up sleeves easily.

All in all this is a great buy.  I was worried it would be ‘too smart’ for my casual lifestyle but tried it on with jeans & T, black pants and  black velvet skirt- it all works.  

Sorry for the length of this review but I love this blazer  - thank you Louis!

Honored Contributor

Re: Review A366537 Plaid Linea Boyfriend Blazer

I posted a review of these. I usually go for soft suiting looks, but these just looked too great to pass up. I decided on the caramel. Then I caved and got the ivory too. I knew the caramel would look good with my warm "autumn" coloring, but I wasn't sure about the ivory. It looks great too, and I will be able to wear this one throughout the late winter and early spring. They fit me true to size, and at 5'3-1/2" the length is perfect. I will wear these with pants, jeans, and dresses to meetings and workshops. The fabric is so soft. I just love them! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  Sorry did not mean to usurp your thread did not see it put it down to blazer excitement! Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich Thanks for posting. I, too, ordered the one you just received--but I haven't received it yet. I love blazers, so it's great to hear that you like it.

Respected Contributor

I’m glad people are liking them. Can’t wait to get mine!
Respected Contributor

I love all of my blazers. The fit is perfect for me. I'm 5'9, 130lbs and got the 4. I don't understand the bad reviews? The fabric isn't thin or too light weight. Who wants a heavy blazer. Jennifer made it very clear that this did not fit like a boyfriend blazer. It is menswear inspired so it was called boyfriend. It feels so soft and it certainly doesn't look inexpensive. Mine all match. I'm a happy camper.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also don't fully understand the negative reviews and the comments about the fabric being thin. Makes no sense.

I do think it's unfortunate that QVC named it a "boyfriend" blazer, because it is not. Setting expectations to get a loose fitting, oversized blazer set customers up for disappointment, thus some of those negative reviews. The jacket has a beautiful, classic fit that Louis is famous for and is sized just like the Jac blazer. I'm very happy with mine!

Honored Contributor

I ordered three and I am hoping I won't be disappointed,  I trust LDO to produce a quality item.  

Honored Contributor

People need to be diligent & pay attention to the garment measurements instead of the title of the garment.

I received the ivory & caramel & both fit in size 12. No pulling across the shoulders or at the buttonhole. I wear a 38B bra. 

I am waiting for the weather to cool down so I can wear these. Today it was mid 70’s so I am still in sleeveless or short sleeves. 

I don’t get the lightweight flimsy thin material reviews. You don’t want a heavy weight blazer to wear indoors or outside right now. The heavier weight blazer is coming in deep forest green & scarlet red. That is more appropriate for winter or late fall/early spring.

My stripes matched across the body of the suits & the sleeves lined up with each other. For the price, it is well made. Would I have spent more for everything lining up & matching? I might have, but seeing the price point, it’s a good to great value. 

No one stares at you to see if stripes match; and if they do, they need a new hobby! 

I really like both blazers & it’s a practical pattern & not avant-guarde in terms of the color options. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Mine was finally delivered today (even though it's been in town since Friday).  It was definitely worth the wait!

This is my first purchase from Louis, and I am thrilled with it.  It arrived in pristine condition, everything lines up, and the fit is good, although a bit large.  I got the ivory and can't wait to wear it.  I think I'm going to get a lot of use from it casually, since the winters are fairly mild in my area.

For those of you who purchased it, enjoy!  I know I will.