Honored Contributor

Rediscovering A218569 - Linea Drape-Front Charmeuse Blouse

Bought this charmeuse blouse in a purple shade and a greige/taupe shade.  

I'd love to have something similar again.  Such an elegant blouse.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Drape-Front-Charmeuse-Blouse.product.A218569.html?produc...

Honored Contributor

Re: Rediscovering A218569 - Linea Drape-Front Charmeuse Blouse

Seems that the link won't take you there, if you wish to see the blouse.  Key in the style number and it should still come up.

Honored Contributor

The link works. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

The link didn’t work for me either
Honored Contributor

lovesrecess,

If you enter the style number in the Search bar, a small vision of the blouse appears.

Honored Contributor

cannot pull up that item via the link nor via the item number.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 

I remember that blouson blouse very well. I was unable to access via the link or item number so I did a little googling. I came upon a September 27, 2011 posting by Louis where he's talking about the upcoming items for Oct and Dec of that year. I clearly remember those items and own many! Alot of faux suede, those magnificent lurex skirts with matching tops, sequins, leathers, suedes, chenille blazers, wool blend sweaters and skirts, plisse skirt and jackets, coordinating tops and so much more! It was quite an array of incredible items and a wonderful read. Perhaps you or another lovely Linea Lady would like to post the link. A wonderful flash back and a great opportunity to mix and match these garments with some of our newer items. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the tip, rochelle.  I pulled up Louis's post and pasted it below:

8-A218569, is the faux charmuese draped top. This is the same fabric as my stand collar shirt from last month [olive, ivory and black]. The draping goes from the side of the  neck to the opposite hip and the same on the other side of the neck, creating a surplus wrap effect. There is a built in front tank for modesty, so you can adjust the drapes to work  with your body and still be covered. There is a band of multi row  elastic in the back to keep the top close to the body and it also creates a sort of bluson effect in the front. I know, it’s hard to picture! I will say this is not a top for everyone….it is a very high fashion top and it is fabulous. The colors are: Purple, Gray, and Taupe. The gray under the gray chenille with black pants…total chic……the taupe with my black knit pencil skirt, gray sheer hose and black jet beads…. has a very 20’s look.  The purple with the new purple crushed velvet skirt is……WOW.

This QVC system is very smart sometimes.  When you search for a very old item, it might pull it up, but then the system wises up after a couple of tries.  It blocks your access, even your secondary access.  Ah, so clever when you don't want it to be.  LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

Thank you for the tip, rochelle.  I pulled up Louis's post and pasted it below:

8-A218569, is the faux charmuese draped top. This is the same fabric as my stand collar shirt from last month [olive, ivory and black]. The draping goes from the side of the  neck to the opposite hip and the same on the other side of the neck, creating a surplus wrap effect. There is a built in front tank for modesty, so you can adjust the drapes to work  with your body and still be covered. There is a band of multi row  elastic in the back to keep the top close to the body and it also creates a sort of bluson effect in the front. I know, it’s hard to picture! I will say this is not a top for everyone….it is a very high fashion top and it is fabulous. The colors are: Purple, Gray, and Taupe. The gray under the gray chenille with black pants…total chic……the taupe with my black knit pencil skirt, gray sheer hose and black jet beads…. has a very 20’s look.  The purple with the new purple crushed velvet skirt is……WOW.

This QVC system is very smart sometimes.  When you search for a very old item, it might pull it up, but then the system wises up after a couple of tries.  It blocks your access, even your secondary access.  Ah, so clever when you don't want it to be.  LOL

Dear Goldie76,

I agree with you about this gorgeous blouse.  It is one of the most elegant and beautifully constructed blouses Louis ever created.  

The coordinating chenille blazers and faux suede skirts make quite the outfit.  All are the same outstanding quality.

I found that the taupe blouse coordinates nicely with two Marc New York (Andrew Marc) faux suede pants:  2018's Taupe color and this year's Mushroom color.

You are right.  That is one teeny, tiny photo!  I tried to enlarge it, but it lost too much detail.

product thumbnail