Contributor

Re: Received my leather jackets; not sure about them.....

Just figured it out....sorry and thank you 

Super Contributor

@author wrote:

@SahmIam

Yes, sleep on it before you decide.

My jackets arrived today.  I am undecided; I tried to cancel the DFG one but no go even a few hours later, and that's the one I am returning. 

The knit part is so much lighter green than the leather or the WK midi skirt or the WK embroidered sleeve top in DFG; I just don't like the knit part's color.  The dark green leather is beautiful though.  

After seeing them presented on tv I ordered the Port and that one I love.  I am a size 18 and the fit is perfect.  Even the sleeves are ok and they are usually way too long.  I don't mind the knit, gives it a flair or modern look, and of course makes it comfortable as the stretch is nice, and more affordable. 

I think I'll keep the Port.  I have a WK tunic sweater in Port and Port super ponte pants, but it looks very nice with jeans and a charcoal sweater too for everyday.  Great color, leather is so soft and supple.

@author Good call on returning the green. I have the now vintage tarragon green leather with knit jacket, possibly the first one he did in this style. The color difference between the sleeves and leather bothered me from the package opening, but I kept it due to the scarcity of Linea at the time and hoping I would become happier with it. I never did and rarely wear it, although it’s a great jacket and if the colors matched I would.

Hope you enjoy your Port. Awaiting mine.

Respected Contributor

The greens match beautifully on my green coat

Trusted Contributor

My Dark Forest Green leather and knit also match beautifully.  I love this jacket!  It took me a while to get used to the knit when Louis first introduced it, , but I now love it as it makes the jackets so much more comfortable.  I also iike the design element of the knit.  It is done so well that it really looks like an integral part of the jacket.  I bought it in my usual size 12 for outerwear. I tried it on over one of the heavier Every Nedle Knit Whisper Knit sweaters as well as with the new long  cardigan over the sweater and fit was just fine.  I doubt that I would wear it over anything heavier than that, like an Irish sweater, but haven't tried that as yet.  Definitely wouldn't wear it over a blazer.

I am very happy with this jacket, and heeding Louis's warning, I also ordered the Navy, which hasn't arrived as yet.

Respected Contributor

Ok, I am going to heed everyone's comments on the DFG one and re-open it today and see if I like it better in the cool reason of a new day.  I love the Port one, and I love all the other DFG pieces so will put them on, and then the jacket and see. 

This jacket/topper will be extremely versatile for me in my Wisconsin climate; today the hight is low 40's and I am so not ready for parkas or shearlings or all the heavy winter gear.  With sweaters under this coat it will be perfection.  I bet there will be very few returns as the knit makes the sizing so forgiving.

The knit to me is a design element that works beautifully.  It is a very cool looking coat!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

My Dark Forest Green leather and knit also match beautifully.  I love this jacket!  It took me a while to get used to the knit when Louis first introduced it, , but I now love it as it makes the jackets so much more comfortable.  I also iike the design element of the knit.  It is done so well that it really looks like an integral part of the jacket.  I bought it in my usual size 12 for outerwear. I tried it on over one of the heavier Every Nedle Knit Whisper Knit sweaters as well as with the new long  cardigan over the sweater and fit was just fine.  I doubt that I would wear it over anything heavier than that, like an Irish sweater, but haven't tried that as yet.  Definitely wouldn't wear it over a blazer.

I am very happy with this jacket, and heeding Louis's warning, I also ordered the Navy, which hasn't arrived as yet.

@Barbara in Virginia

I'm also waiting for my navy to arrive. It's been "in process" for 7 days! Getting a little nervous. The navy leather gloves I purchased days later have arrived already! My black jacket shipped on Sunday & should arrive this week.

Respected Contributor

I received my jackets yesterday and I will be returning them.  I am a huge LDO fan so this is no reflection on him or my love of his line.  I just didn't like the large knit parts.  My first thought was that it looked like I couldn't afford a real leather jacket so I had to go for just a few pieces scattered about on an otherwise knit jacket.  I agree with the poster who said that she would love a FULL leather jacket made with the same great leather that he used on these jackets.  I would buy that for sure.

Super Contributor

My red jacket is already on the way back. I loved it but it was the exact replica of the short leather jacket from a few years ago. I wanted something a little different. I do agree I would have paid more for an all leather version. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TeachRsPet wrote:

My red jacket is already on the way back. I loved it but it was the exact replica of the short leather jacket from a few years ago. I wanted something a little different. I do agree I would have paid more for an all leather version. 

@TeachRsPet

Sorry this didn't work out for you. I'm not sure I'm familiar with the similar short jacket you're referring to as being an exact replica...would you kindly share the item #(located on an inside tag) when you have time? Much appreciated. Tks!

Super Contributor

The short red leather jacket is A238539