Honored Contributor

Received Linea Whisper Knit Blouson Sleeve Sweaters and Faux Suede Riding Skirt

[ Edited ]

Incredibly fast delivery of these newest Linea pieces!

My WK Blouson Sleeve Sweaters (A385149) in the fabulous Magenta and nonpareil Linea Navy arrived today.  Yes, the Magenta is all that I anticipated with its gorgeous rich tone.  Linea Navy is a beautiful "predictable" in life, isn't it?

I chose my usual size Large, and everything fit as expected.  No problems at all and I love this style.  It flatters the neckline area and eases down over the hip area.

The Faux Suede Skirt (A385147) will not work out for me, but I suspected I would have a problem when I read the measurements chart.  In this sort of skirt, I usually choose an Extra Large, but often a Large will do (as I choose in the WK midi-skirts).  The Low Hip Measurement for the Large was 47, which might make for a tight fit for me when I sit down.  However, I knew the 51 in the Extra Large might not work for the opposite reason (too roomy), but I had no choice.  Yes, it is too large, so back it goes.  Sadly, a "miss" for me.

I was cheered by today's arrival of the WK midi-skirt in the Grey, though, and that offset some of my disappointment.  I have a couple more pieces that I hope to receive soon; one has already shipped and the other is on waitlist.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Received Linea Whisper Knit Blouson Sleeve Sweaters and Faux Suede Riding Skirt

I loved that sweater too. Will you wear it with a necklace? I felt it called for some jewelry. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Received Linea Whisper Knit Blouson Sleeve Sweaters and Faux Suede Riding Skirt

Auntg,

I agree with you -- this sweater is calling loud and clear for a necklace.  Fortunately, I own many necklaces that are ready to fill the empty space.  Of course, most of them are from the Linea line.

Honored Contributor

My two sweaters are still sitting in "processing". Ugh.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My blouson sleeve WK sweater in MAGENTA arrived and it truly is beyond spectacular!

The fit is excellent, not a tunic or loose fit, but more tailored and still forgiving sweater. 

The shoulder line with the extra ruching as well as the divine blouson sleeve style are everything.  The color is glowing and saturated, perfect as well.  Soft vee neck, wow.  Absolutely stunning.

I tried it on, still have it on, and ordered another one in black before the secret was out and they all sold out.....!

I'm thinking about the matching faux suede skirt, but still thinking at this point as my skirt wearing days are few.  But oh, what an ensemble that would be!!!

The magenta looks fabulous with Louis's Loden faux suede and ponte.  The new grey works with it as well and ivory, black, etc., so very wearable.  

This sweater and Katherine Hepburn trousers, yes!  But it looks modern with my washed skinny ankle jeans.  

Thank you Louis!

Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

I'm thinking about the matching faux suede skirt, but still thinking at this point as my skirt wearing days are few.  But oh, what an ensemble that would be!!!

Did you get the Faux Suede Big Deal Jacket from last year? Makes a nice suited look with the FS skirt---just saying!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel