Super Contributor

Re: READ LOUIS" BLOG NOW!

[ Edited ]

It's all about profits now.  QVC has to make these decisions because if they don't they won't last either. I am in my 50's but I can tell you that the younger generation shops differently.  In fact, there's a popular reality show called Married at First Sight.  In its latest season some blog comment said how the one bride contestant mentioned shopping on QVC.  A bunch of people laughed and said "people still shop that way? Home shopping still exists?" Then they went on how only their grandmas still used home shopping channels. It made me realize how fast things have changed and not for the good.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

QVC  moved to the PJ  capital of  online shopping .

Yes @skatting44 that seems to be the case and I for one am sick to death watching them parade around in PJ's on set, it's rediculous and at this point it's getting really old ! Maybe they should start having "how to dress for work" classes for the host although I am sure "the powers that be" must be going along with this PJ stupidity cooked up no doubt by some of the host, not a hard guess who. Anyway I'm sick of it, it's always an ugh and click time for me. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Enough said. 

Thanks for posting this..I have several of his items..he was my favorite designer~ there is no one else!

Louis...You'll be missed!! Heart

Respected Contributor

@pinkcrystal wrote:

The quality of his items was excellent.  How very sad.  I bought a pea coat from him years ago, the best coat I have ever had.  2020 sucks.

Yes! In fact I have that pea coat! I've lost weight and it's too big but I may just pay for tailoring-love that coat!

Honored Contributor

I may have that pea coat also and wore the raspberry one yesterday.  I also have it in teal. 

Respected Contributor

The pendulum always swings. Now that we have a serum for Covid.  People will eventually have to go back to their offices, socialize, go to restaurants, theater, clubs, country clubs, parties, black tie events, weddings etc.  We cannot do that wearing lounge suits.  We will eventually have to go back to dressing appropriately.  

I am still bereft at the loss of Louis Dell Olio and his Linea line of clothing.  I like to read his desription, see his Facebook Shows, and generally see his new items of clothing every season.  I look at his blog daily.  I have been wearing his clothing since he designed with Donna Karan at Anne Klein.  I wore his clothing at Anne Klein.  His designs stand the test of time.

I only purchase Linea and sometimes Judith Ripka on QVC.  I buy less of Ripka now as I own a lot.  Now I will not have Linea as a choice either.