Respected Contributor

I was afraid the rumor we heard a few months or so ago was true.  I discovered Linea about six years ago and feel fortunate to have been building my wardrobe with his beautiful pieces.  I dread shopping, but always looked forward to Louis's upcoming collections.  He was a very special man - a great designer who listened to his ladies.  
I am going to miss him and his designs.  My credit card will be happy, but I am not. The majority of my QVC purchases were Linea.  Guess I won't be visiting here much anymore.  As someone else said, this s*cks.  Pardon my French.  But I'm sad and mad.  End of an era for sure.  ☹️

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

At least now we know for sure.  Not unexpected with the direction QVC is taking.  I'm glad I have a good inventory of these quality, timeless classics..

Louis was one of a kind - a gracious, caring, generous and talented man.  He will be missed

@DecorDiva   He still is one of a kind and will remain ever so in my heart and mind.  I appreciate all the years he has made me a better dresser and as such, I have carried myself a little better, my head a little higher and feet a little lighter.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I was sad to read this.  The Q is really on a downward spiral, in my opinion...this is further evidence of that reality.

I guess there is more $ for them selling polyester pajamas and boxy t-tops.

I don't have a lot of Linea in my wardrobe....but the pieces I do have are well made, figure-flattering, and ones I feel look attractive on me.  

Thank you, Louis, for your years of dedication to making lovely clothing, and for being so kind and responsive to women who enjoyed your styles.  🌷

@alicedee   I have purchased a lot from LDO over the years.  I have more of his yesteryear clothes than from recent.  The yesteryear clothes are precious.   I keep them dry cleaned and stored and wear them for special occasions.  

Honored Contributor

Re: READ LOUIS" BLOG NOW!

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

So, QVC has to make room for their new designers.  Kind of an insult, isn't it?  It's saying to Louis, "The new designers are better than you."  

Has Jason Wu replaced Louis because at 38, QVC may think he will appeal more to Millennials?  

@Foxxee   That's what I have been thinking but Jason is no match for LDO. His clothing does not compare to great European design.  I find Wu somewhat elitist and conversationally silly

Occasional Contributor

How very sad.  I have been a QVC customer for more than 30 years.  The direction the organization is chosing to take is disappointing, to say the least.  Having the variety of 3 channels was great, but now, even QVC main in not live 24 hours/ day. I find it hard to believe that sales are so low that veteran hosts were let go and beloved product lines were dropped when production costs have probably  been halved with the limited live programming on only one channel (and a few hours/ week on Q2 for the next few weeks). 

The only way QVC will hear our concerns is for us to stop or severely limit purchasing items from the network. I have started to do this and plan to reduce it further in 2021.  I had QVC on in the background at my house much of the time that I was home in the past 30 years.  My kids grew up knowing the hosts and teasing me about my limited TV repertoire.  That is no longer the case. I know my sisters are disappointed and are limiting their purchases, as well. 

Sorry QVC, I agree with Louis that the Golden Age has come and gone. His line was elegant, well made and he was a pleasure to watch. I hope the new generation of shoppers like pajamas.  I have plenty.   As a physician, I need to be tastefully dressed every day.  I will be replenishing my wardrobe elsewhere.

God Bless, Louis,  and I hope you continue to do what you love.

Contributor

Well said Name! Every word.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes @alicedee they sure are in a downward spiral and I'm begging to think it may be by design. Tax write off per chance?  It sure looks that way it also looks like their putting all their energy into building up HSN, I could be wrong of course but I'v been noticing for quite some time QVC going downhill as HSN improves.  It looks like it's delibrate and now this.  Well Louis sure is a hugh loss. There isn't another designer on QVC who comes even close to his clothing. Now we're left with same old same old from all the rest of them.  Sorry for going on and on but I'm so upset !!!   

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few closets filled with his collections . I will find other places to shop.Shame on you QVC. The End of an Era in fashion. 

Frequent Contributor

This is very disappointing news indeed.  I do have so many pieces of his clothing to last me the rest of my life.  They are such classic styles and so well made. How lucky we all were to enjoy his presentations; however, he will still be posting on his blog so we can all look forward to that.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG they DID it!!! Smiley Sad

Well.... I'm going to order all the Linea I can afford. It's the best made product on Q and anywhere else.

Kind of leaves me with a bad feeling. We love your designs Louis. When you bought Linea, you bought a CLASSIC well made garment. I look at my jackets.... every single blazer in my closet IS LINEA.  I've just now ordered over $500 for my wardrobe....  

Smiley Sad crying... the end of something great. You want to look GOOD, you wear Linea.  Louis, I've now filled my closet.