Trusted Contributor

I ordered the kimono in both colorways.  Were the stripes supposed to match on the sides?  The desert doesn't match at all, and the tropical matches closer, off by about a half inch.  I'd be interested to know how yours are.  TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about the kimono

@DecorDiva  Louis answered this question twice on his Blog.....

“.........You didn’t receive a dud……due to price restriction we can only match the fronts backs. We only try to match side seams when the garment has a one piece front and back.”

“......the fronts will match but if they want the side seams matching that means the fabrics have to laid out with a lot of waste. This costs money which would mean an increase in price of the garment. I don’t have to tell you what the choice was.”

Trusted Contributor

@Seka - thank you for the response.  I don't always read :"Ask Louis".

Honored Contributor

Honest guy who doesn't mince words.

Esteemed Contributor

His hands are tied by the QVC buyers. Have been for a long time. He fights for a lot more than any other line attempts to try fighting for . . . and usually wins for us. Gotta love LDO! Keep your arms kind of to your sides and no one will ever know. Enjoy. It's gorgeous. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess it's the old adage, "you get what you pay for". I finally received my Kimonos and love them. Honestly, didn't even look to see if the sides matched.

Trusted Contributor

I love the kimono, but I had to reorder the desert in the smaller size.  The sides don't really bother me, I was just curious.  I know the effort LDO makes on our behalf.  And that he won't comrpromise on his design aesthetic.

Trusted Contributor

Whether you liked Lisa R or not, she also fought for better quality.  When the new bosses took over, she lost the battle and may have contributed to her leaving. I should have added it was especially about the G.I.L.I. line.   I know someone who has an inside knowledge regarding QVC, I don't think I should elaborate more than that.  It was HER choice to leave.

I remember when Louis was able to use silk.  At least his garments are still made of a better quality fabric than most of the clothes sold on QVC.  GILI is now junk in my opinion.

I will stop watching when Louis leaves.