Honored Contributor

Question about Boot Cut Pants

I'm petite, but long legged - I like a 30" inseam. I have a lot of things shortened from time to time. But these are 32" and I'm afraid if I take 2" off, I will ruin the line of them. Do any of you have any experience with this? What do you think? Should I wait and see if they eventually come back in petites? TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Boot Cut Pants

@beach-mom 

I haven't personally .... but my sister had a pair shortened and they looked awful.  

They should start widening at about the knee ... if it's any lower than that, it looks weird.

Honored Contributor

I dont recommend it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I don't think it would work.......2 inches would ruin the contour of the pant IMO.

Laura loves cats!
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

My normal size P6 was sold out in the Caramel, so I ordered the regular 32" length and hemmed them to 27" inseam. The result is pretty much a gentle straight leg pant that is in perfect proportion. I could not chance that the Caramel would be reordered at all, let alone in the petite size. For me it was a no brainer. I needed the Caramel color for matching to other Linea items more than I needed a boot cut pant.

EDIT: I was referencing the Super Ponte boot cut pant.  As for the light weight crepe pant as in A265615.  I ordered all three colors in the 32" length and will hem to 27" inseam. The petite length may never be offered, let alone in these colors.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was having the same dilemma @beach-mom.  The fabric is one of his lighter weight which I prefer so I decided to give shortening a try.  I no longer wear much of a heel so 32 is about 2 inches too much.  Also, too impatient to wait and see if petites will ever be made.   I just adore the slim ankle in this fabric and have many colors.  Good luck if you decide to gamble with me.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  I would just get them if I really liked them and wear with a heel of some sort - boot, wedge, etc.  I have several pairs that I only wear with a heel.  

Respected Contributor

I think boot cut pants are tricky.  If it was a straight leg pant you could probably hem them up.  Boot cut starts to widen at the knee.  I am no seamstress but I would think it wouldn't work given the cut and contour of the boot cut leg.  JMO.

Trusted Contributor

I believe you will lose some of the boot cut but that’s not necessarily a bad thing for someone who is petite.
Respected Contributor

The super ponte is called a boot cut, but IMO it has a slight flare and isn't extreme as some boot cuts are. I don't think the pant will be ruined at all. If you look at the video you will see it's almost a straight leg.