Honored Contributor

Ponte Knit Pants Similar to Louis' Brand

I regret that I did not purchase more of his pull-on super ponte knit pants. I would appreciate any company names of the "next best thing" since there are no longer the great fashion of Louis to purchase. 

Thank you in advance for any advice.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: Ponte Knit Pants Similar to Louis' Brand

I still have 4 of Louis's pull on super ponte pant.  They were the best, weren't they!?!

The closest to them that I have found is the Joan Rovers brand.  But it has been about 4 or 5 years since my last purchase of JR ponte pants, and the manufacturing and/or fabric may have changed since then, not to mention the price..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1 Thank you. I will check out her line.

I was looking on Amazon for pull-on ponte knit pants and some came up from brands I am not familiar with. Some were his, but not in my size. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Lands End Starfish line is very nice.   Dont buy the sport line.  Its thin and gets baggy as you wear them.  Starfish holds its shape wash after wash, very soft and no pilling at all

Honored Contributor

@meem120 Thank you. I will check it out. I am finding that most of the ponte knits don't have the 68% Viscose, which his did. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

Have you tried ebay? I've been successful finding additional Linea ponte pants, among other items too. I save my searches and am notified when my size and color becomes available. Items do pop up. 

Otherwise, fabric content is important to avoid pilling when looking at other brands. Linea Super Ponte is 66% rayon/ 29%nylon/ 5% spandex. The regular ponte is listed as 59% rayon/ 37% nylon 4% spandex. HTH 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS I have not gone on eBay, but I have thought about it.

The contents of the super ponte knit says 66 nylon/viscose, and I think it is the viscose that I like so much. I have had it in other things and I really like the feel.

Super Contributor

I have bought a pair of nice ponte pull on pants, very similar to Louis' . Stylelist by Michela, here at QVC. Only thing was they only come in Black and camel.  I liked them very much, like Louis'.  Try them, I think you'll like them...

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler I recently purchased a few pairs of the Macy's Charter Club ponte pants for my daughter who also missed out on the Linea ones.  They also offer petite sizes. 

Honored Contributor

@Linmo and @aoldgirl Thank you so much for taking the time give your suggestions. I will check both of them out.

Actually, black is the color I am looking for now, but if I find that I like the different brand from Louis, then I will not make the same mistake I did with him....I will get them a bunch of colors! Smiley Happy