Honored Contributor

Re: Please, help me bring back my enthusiasm !,

Bingo, Grace!

We are spoiled.

Respected Contributor

I guess I don’t know what I missed out on when Louis started here as I only began purchasing his line about four or five years ago. I am plenty pleased with all the items I’ve purchased - my overflowing closet proves that.

@Marilyn - Wore the inset lace top to a party Saturday and received several compliments. Definitely a special piece.

Thank goodness every now and then there are styles or colors that don’t suit me. I make up for that by buying multiples of those pieces that are me.

I dread shopping in stores anymore, but when I do, I like a sale. Hate paying full price. However, I often pay full price for Louis’s items. (Just wish the Q would give us a break on shipping or do buy more/save more on staples.) But, sometimes I will wait and hope that a piece I have my eye on goes on sale as I have to draw the line somewhere!

I have had to resist buying too much jewelry as he’s come out with so much lately. I have to pace myself. Almost too many choices.

One more point that others have made before, Louis can only offer us what the Q allows. He listens to our feedback and tries to please, but there’s only so much he can do.

How awesome to have a designer that communicates with us and keeps our wishes in mind when creating his fabulous designs!
Frequent Contributor

You said it perfectly!

Frequent Contributor

You stated it perfectly!

Honored Contributor

@dodiesI'm not a Linea buyer at all, but there have been times I watched him present.  One day I heard him urge his "Ladies" to mix and match his designs not just within his collections but with other brands.

I know this is close to heresy for many of his followers, but I suggest playing with your wardrobe more.  Wear Louis, but wear Louis  making outfits with Louis plus items from others.

I've pretty much always done that, perhaps the exception being when I needed to wear an actual suit for some reason.  Otherwise, I might be wearing something QVC with something Nordstrom with a great thrift shop  find.  I just don't want to be a walking ad for one brand even if I do like all the pieces.

Honored Contributor

I wore the inset lace piece over the newer dill pants & added the Cathedral almond/green necklace & earrings. The necklace was just the right delicateness for the lace. 

I enjoy watching the shows & how he styles the models. 

I wish he would offer all pants in petites but buyers determine that.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

Hi MArilyn:  agree with u on the lace inset top.....have the one in pink and green, along with matching tank. Also have the pink capris and they are beautiful!  Have so many pieces of his over the years and it’s time to slow down and “shop” my closet for awhile. Does anyone remember, from several years back, the cotton pants that were a paisley kind of swirl?  Found those in a box in the garage, black/white and taupe/ cream combo. Was as excited as if they were brand new!!  Probably more where those came from😄

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I feel the the odd woman out here, and I guess I am.  While Linea does offer some petites, it seems it is never offered in what I am interested in.  I am no longer interested in expensive alterations for my clothing, as even long sleeves require alterations for me.  There are other retailers who offer petite sizing, and that is where I purchase.  I don’t mean to offend anyone, but it is what it is.

@PamfromCT,  

I have the opposite problem - I am tall and long legged.   I purchased his new blazers last fall in black and liked it so much I also got the port one.  I had to pay $40 to have the sleeves lengthened on each one.  Most of his pants I can't wear because I need a 32 inch inseam to wear flats with them so that leaves pretty much the super ponte pants and they are finished like yoga pants so there is no lengthening them (if they just had a hem to let down).   I just bought a grey wool herringbone jacket in a tall size at a flash sale at J.Crew for very little more than I would pay for a polyester jacket once the alterations were made.  

Valued Contributor

Random thoughts:

What can QVC be thinking not reordering whisper knits this comng season????? Guess I am a lot colder than most QVC customers. Smiley Happy  That will bring my purchases down from an already very modest level.  Got burned on the lace jackets (finally got what I originally ordered a full month + later) and jewelry pieces that didn't come in the color I ordered.  And QVC does us and Louis no favors with it's really s-l-o-w delivery policies.  Now with snafus while they work on expanding warehouses, I'm not patient enough to hang around through that.

And if I have no whisper knit to look forward to this winter - WOW!  Think of the money I'll save. :/

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, What a shame for you!  We all have different issues with not fitting to what QVC may think is the universal woman.

And I really don’t know many women who wear xxxsmall, or whatever.  I am sure you can find retailers who make clothing for you taller girls, which is QVC’s loss.