Honored Contributor

Re: Please, help me bring back my enthusiasm !,

@TheOwl 

I thought I heard there was a new WK v-neck sweater coming with a straight bottom.  Maybe it was just wishful thinking...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@TheOwl 

I thought I heard there was a new WK v-neck sweater coming with a straight bottom.  Maybe it was just wishful thinking...

@DiAnne 

You'heard right! Louis sneak peeked it on Monday's show. Chantal had on the navy v-neck with the navy leather jacket and I think Katia was wearing the v-neck in black. Louis said it's coming the end of the month.

Loved how it looked--checks every box for the perfect v-veck IMO.

Respected Contributor

@TheOwl wrote:

Random thoughts:

And if I have no whisper knit to look forward to this winter - WOW!  Think of the money I'll save. :/

Just the new WK V-neck.  Previewed on Monday's show in Navy nd Black.  Don't know what other colors yet. I'm a huge WK fan and this is a disappointment---but I do have a boat load of WK's--heck, a cruise ship full!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

No offense to anyone, but I think maybe we're sounding just a little bit spoiled. Season after season, Louis brings us a spectacular curated collection that always has something irresistible. Without fail, and unlike any other designer here, Louis listens to our requests and delivers them whenever the buyers cooperate. Think about just the last fall/winter season...the long trench, lamb leather jacket, the sequined pants, the faux suede pant, the Whisper knits, the JEWELRY...We kept saying our credit cards needed a break! We were all happily & deliriously  sitting on the "bad girls bench"!

I think we are lucky that Louis puts up with our whining--and I include myself in that group re/pant length & natural fabrics. He is an extraordinary designer and human being and we are incredibly fortunate he continues to create for us. I still look forward to the sneak peeks and his shows and I doubt my enthusiasm will ever fade. There is noone like Louis. Period.

I second your emotions, Grace. My enthusiasm for Louis and Linea will never fade!  Louis and his designs are delightful.....

Respected Contributor

Linea is the only apparel I buy from QVC. I am sure I have said this before on this forum. IMHO everyone else pales by comparison as far as talent and commitment to their work. Many may claim to be designers, but they aren't. Their lines are designed by commitee. It is obvious that Louis designes everything and stands behind his work including the jewelry which just gets better and better. I'm enthusiastic every time he comes on.

Super Contributor

@dodies, Hugs to you dear Linea Lady!  Stick around and I’m sure that you will find your enthusiasm sparked again.  Keep chatting here.  I think that Louis does a great job trying to please all the different ladies, but the Q has the last word, right?  I found it interesting reading your comment because I have had such a hard time holding back from purchasing to much and staying in my “Linea budget” this past year!  I have been so in love with the lace items (all of them!) and the pearl sweater and necklaces, and the embroidery items, jewelry and on and on.....happy sigh.  I too have enough in my closet, but I consider it a bit of a hobby and have an interest in fashion so I keep adding to my closet every season.

I love the feel of linen in summer, but stopped wearing my linen clothing as I just looked like a wrinkled mess.  I was happy that he brought the shorter moss crepe scoop neck as I too am looking for shorter tops.  I think that a lot of Q shoppers like the longer tunic length, but we really do need some shorter tops in our wardrobes too.  I love the scoop necks as I like to show a bit of decollete, but never any cleavage.

I sure hope there are whisper knit pieces coming this fall/winter! I can’t imagine not adding any new WK to my closet.  That is a scary thought!  I was hoping for more WK scarves this winter too.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

No offense to anyone, but I think maybe we're sounding just a little bit spoiled. Season after season, Louis brings us a spectacular curated collection that always has something irresistible. Without fail, and unlike any other designer here, Louis listens to our requests and delivers them whenever the buyers cooperate. Think about just the last fall/winter season...the long trench, lamb leather jacket, the sequined pants, the faux suede pant, the Whisper knits, the JEWELRY...We kept saying our credit cards needed a break! We were all happily & deliriously  sitting on the "bad girls bench"!

I think we are lucky that Louis puts up with our whining--and I include myself in that group re/pant length & natural fabrics.

He is an extraordinary designer and human being and we are incredibly fortunate he continues to create for us.

I still look forward to the sneak peeks and his shows and I doubt my enthusiasm will ever fade. There is no one like Louis. Period.

I agree!  The only thing I would add is that, Louis' quality is unsurpassed.  

Occasional Visitor

I'm new to the blog but have read the comments from time to time..have to say thank you to so many for many lovely, helpful suggestions...I, too have been feeling a bit like you...We love figuring things out, don't we, so for me, anyway, I think I so miss Jac being there always...they were one and you could just feel the love and respect between them...so the entire atmosphere..the feelings..the happiness and pride they brought...is not there at all...Louis is still the most wonderful person and the best designer..I, too, have closets full of his beautiful creations and love each one....I will continue to purchase his beautiful pieces, but I miss them together....I think we love him so much we feel his loss and it carries over to the presentations....maybe I'm too sentimental!!!  Cherie

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Linea is the only apparel I buy from QVC. I am sure I have said this before on this forum. IMHO everyone else pales by comparison as far as talent and commitment to their work. Many may claim to be designers, but they aren't. Their lines are designed by commitee. It is obvious that Louis designes everything and stands behind his work including the jewelry which just gets better and better. I'm enthusiastic every time he comes on.

Preach it, Marilyn! I'm right there with you!

Trusted Contributor

I used to buy quite a bit of Linea every season. I don't care for polyester, shapeless tunics and the dark neutral colors that he has offered during these warmer months.
I miss the feminine fun dresses he used to do.
Looking forward to his wk sweater and skirt offerings this Fall/Winter. His wk midi skirt is simply beautiful!