Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Please, help me bring back my enthusiasm !,

I'm guessing that the buyers dictate what they want to buy. So if a vendor wants to be included he/she must comply. 

Considering price, Logo, Barefoot D, NYDJ, others, have broken price barriers that I never thought Q would do. I think there is a definite interest in the knits. I tried the crepes and they just don't work for me. 

Q needs to offer a great designer of jackets and my vote goes to LDO.

Respected Contributor

Have I lost my enthusiasm?  A definite NO!  

However, summer is my least favorite fashion time so I am normally un-excited about all fashion then.  We have a very short season for true summer pieces, and I do not like bright summer colors or large florals even though I do have some Linea pieces in very striking bright hues that I wear and love, just because.

There is nothing like hibiscus pink to give a jolt to my deep olive Linea!

Lately I have been doing the closet purge 5 years into retirement.  This summer I was even more brutal at getting rid of items that I don't wear.  I even donated some Linea pieces, but generally speaking, I keep my Linea.  I go back and combine items from more than 15 years ago with current pieces from his collection and amazingly it all works.  

I am trying not to buy more right now but wear the things from the past few summers more often and in different ways, and it is working well for me, challenging my ability to create ensembles that are striking and different instead of "my usual."  Although, I still do that as well!

I have worn the beautiful ivory Jac blazer often, the moss crepe tops and more tailored pieces instead of just a tunic and skinny jeans.  I get compliments, I get "wow you look fabulous" from DH, or "is that new???"

My Linea is making me so happy as it is beautiful, easy to wear, and I am sailing through this summer looking better than ever. 

I have loved the black/white ruffle front blouse from this spring (think it came in red and blue too), even though "I never wear prints" and I didn't think I'd need a blouse......this blouse is so designer and special, you look like a million in it and it is darn comfortable. 

I also have the bold stripe blouse in blue/white and that gets noticed and complimented on;  it has really energized my old stuff.  And that lace inset top, so so lovely and unique.

I too miss Jac on the shows and the chemistry and exchanges between Louis and Jac, but I so enjoy watching Louis present his fashion and seeing his affection for his models. 

Yes, I am still enthusiastic, but because of lifestyle change and retirement I have had to pull back from buying so much, and multiples, and instead get a few new key pieces that will give me pleasure whenever I pull them out and wear them proudly and with panache.  I so appreciate Louis!

Esteemed Contributor

To the OP, I think things go in cycles.

I have sat out much of the clothing lately because I don't love spring/summer clothes (though I bought those lace edged windowpane pants and they're soooo great), don't wear 3/4 sleeves, look very busty in too high a neckline, and, well, 90% of my wardrobe is black or white! I tend to buy staples in solid colors so for me, fall and winter is when I load up on Linea.

I haven't lost my love and enthusiasm for the brand, but am choosing the pieces that work best for me. Sometimes Linea gets that right, other times it doesn't. I think LDO would agree that not everything is for everyone. But when I do buy something I am always overwhelmed by the quality of the construction and the details of the design. 

What I will say is that I miss the days when he had 2-hour shows and could present a runway show of the entire season's collection. Those were the days when I would buy everything, and I probably would again if the roll out of the pieces wasn't so piecemeal. 

Now, as for the jewelry, yes, it is pricey. But, for me, a good investment as far as fashion jewelry goes. Just this week I pull out a piece he offered at least 6 years ago--maybe longer--and it's so classic that it's still a favorite. CPW (cost per wear) the jewelry rocks!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

I haven't lost my enthusiasm for Linea and still believe that Louis is the best designer on QVC ever.  But, to be honest, I have a limited budget (retirement) so I am only buying items that I need and that look good on my baby boomer body.  Also I don't buy that much from Linea in the spring/summer months as I do in the fall/winter for some reason. And with all the hot, humid days we've had this summer in Tennessee, well, I'm ready for jackets and sweaters!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My closets and armoir are probably 80% Linea.   Been purchasing since day one and still own many of my original pieces ...  suede jackets, sweaters made of wool  and SILK, shirts, etc. all still fashionable.    I personally HATE summer clothing so I’ve not watched all the shows recently.  You still can’t beat his quality and pricing.  WK is the best both in feel, drape and wearability.   I like the longer skirts since my knees aren’t what they used to be.   I would like to see more ballet (boat) neck tops which are flattering to everyone.  

Still interested but unless I purge what I have now (so difficult parting with those gorgeous older pieces),  I have no more room!    I’m filling up 2-1/2 closets and 2 massive armoires with what I currently own.  Help!

Esteemed Contributor

Since Louis has been on QVC my immediate attraction besides his clothing designs and workmanship  and now the jewelry are the colors and prints that he uses which I love, in my own way I have compromised with the fabric.  As much as I have brought over the years there are still a lot of Linea pieces I can pass on just my personal preference.  

I had already own plenty of timeless silk pieces from when I shopped at the brick and mortar stores years ago but his linen pieces I snatched those up immediately not knowing they were short lived; and I still pull them out each year to wear.  Now that whatever can hold my clothing, jewelry, scarves and other accessories are overlowing I have become more selective in my buying and play around in the closet rather than buy new items and I have found some nice surprises in my own closet.

I just came back from a cruise and wore plenty of Linea some for the first time that were purchased years ago as well as recently.  I noticed people dress up especially for dinner but you could count on one hand the beautiful prints other than myself that got attention and compliments.  That alone keeps my enthusiasm!

I still have a few years to go before I retire so for now I will continue to enjoy wearing what I have and buying something every now and then.

Honored Contributor

I haven't lost my enthusiasm.  I just bought several pieces from his last show and I'm thrilled with all of them!

I buy a lot here on the Q...a lot from Logo, Isaac, Susan, Louis and by far the best quality is from Louis! 

Sometimes I'll see something that I like, order it and it just doesn't look good on me so back it goes.  Louis does a lot for the tall slim woman...I am short and weigh more than I should.  However when I do find a Linea keeper I am thrilled and I know it will hold up well.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been a fan of his line and def not a fan of the man.  Never understood all the fuss.

Honored Contributor

fthunt,

Why throw in an ad hominem insult?  So unnecessary.  The behavior of others puzzles me often.

You may not like his fashion line but what you think of Louis (other than kindly thoughts) should have no place on this forum.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 If others can post their opinions - why can't it?  Some don't like Kim - LOGO lady and Jane Tracy gets her share of negative hits.