Respected Contributor

Re: Please, help me bring back my enthusiasm !,

I must agree. Tops are too long. I can’t wear tunics, I am short waisted. Not buying.

I find some of the crepes too be rough on my sensitive 

skin.

I love the whisper knit material. 

I find I must wash most poly clothing after only 1 wearing.

Nevertheless I have many, many, many Linea pieces.

I’m just much much more selective.

Respected Contributor

Just curious, what QVC vendors do you buy? and what fashion jewelry lines are you buying. I should give them a look see

Esteemed Contributor

I'm another gal with more Linea than I could ever wear,  And although I have more than my share of the different crepe materials and polyester tops, I vow especially not to buy any more polyester tops.  His spring/ summer wear are not my favorites.  Being a petite also limits my options in this line.

What I can't resist is his fall/winter collections. I'm addicted to the whisper knit pieces be it pants, dresses, skirts, swearers -- anything.  I reach for them often in the cooler weather.  And of course his leather jackets.  However, now retired I live a more casual lifestyle and so many times i still want to revert back to my working days when I had to dress up every day I force myself to pass on suits and holiday wear.

Everyone dresses so casually these days, I'm always the most dressed amongst my friends.  Still love Louis and look forward to his fall/winter collection.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marilyn,

To answer your question, I hardly ever stray from the Linea line, and when I have, it has been for some of the less "Southwesternly" Bob Mackie items.

Recently, I bought more Bob Mackie than I have in years.  The tops purchased were:

1.  Bob's "Whimsical Phoenix Print Woven Top."  I loved the whimsy, of course, and the V-neck.

2.  Bob's "Feather Paisley Print Knit Pullover Top," which was a Top Value item, I think.  I like that it has an even hem rather than a high-low and that it has a bateau neckline.

Disclosure:  I am surprised that these prints caught my eye.  They are on the big and bold side for me.

Fashion Jewelry Lines:  I've become very content to buy only Linea.  I had my eye on a RLM piece at Lord & Taylor (he had a lovely necklace with a turquoise patina), and I went to buy it last Saturday but it was gone.  When Lord & Taylor had nicer jewelry in abundance than it now has, I bought from them.  

Honored Contributor

I don't mind synethic fabrics as they're mostly easy care which appeals to me.  However I've bought no Linea clothing in the past year.  Neither the designs nor the colors appeal to. me.  I dislike beiges, taupes, black and especially olives.  Give me brights summer or winter.  I have a nice collect of Louis' jewelry but that has come to a screeching halt due to cost.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Yes, one of the things I have loved about Linea is color consistency, especially in navy. I don't want a closet full of different navys that won't work together, and the same goes for taupes and olives. Keep Linea's high standards.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No offense to anyone, but I think maybe we're sounding just a little bit spoiled. Season after season, Louis brings us a spectacular curated collection that always has something irresistible. Without fail, and unlike any other designer here, Louis listens to our requests and delivers them whenever the buyers cooperate. Think about just the last fall/winter season...the long trench, lamb leather jacket, the sequined pants, the faux suede pant, the Whisper knits, the JEWELRY...We kept saying our credit cards needed a break! We were all happily & deliriously  sitting on the "bad girls bench"!

I think we are lucky that Louis puts up with our whining--and I include myself in that group re/pant length & natural fabrics. He is an extraordinary designer and human being and we are incredibly fortunate he continues to create for us. I still look forward to the sneak peeks and his shows and I doubt my enthusiasm will ever fade. There is noone like Louis. Period.

Esteemed Contributor

I too love Louis but haven’t bought anything in a while. I find that although beautiful pieces his colors have become very drab & styles too conservative for me. I like color & open necklines.

I also am a petite gal & except for some pants he doesn’t offer many petite styles. He seems to design for taller women.As result many of his tops & jackets look frumpy on me.

Regular Contributor

I have been extremely happy with my Linea purchases. From the beginning I have gravitated to tunics, longer skirts, jackets and blouses. When WK came along in multiple styles, I did buy the shorter tanks just to wear under the boyfriend and kimono cardigans. Next it was all the various gauze fabrics and styles. Love! I don't care for jewel colors but that's OK since not everything is for everyone. Most of my life I have only purchased off-price in outlets and sale racks in Saks, Nordies, Talbots etc. Linea has been the only line that I paid full price for numerous pieces. No regrets since I still have and wear my collection. I am grateful for Louis as a genuine person, his awesome designs as master of his craft, the blog, and to this group of wonderful Linea collaborators. Your input has been invaluable over the years especially your styling ideas, travel outfits to Europe and beyond, and yes alterations (special thanks to TheOwl!).

These days I mostly buy only Linea and Jjill and do pay more attention to price since I have quite a collection. But then didn't I just buy the new v-neck tunic and wood block pants? Sometimes I am just too smitten! I hope you find your mojo and spark once again. There will be something just around the corner for you even if it isn't a purchase but maybe a comment here or on the blog. Aren't those back stories of Louis's great?

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite purchases this season is the inset lace top. If you are looking for something very special, and something you won't see anywhere else this is the piece, and it's not polyester!