Trusted Contributor

Please Post Reviews Of Alabaster And Other Swing Sweaters A267864 Here!

[ Edited ]

Please post your reviews of the swing sweater in alabaster here. I am anxious to hear how the fit is on this one. Does it correlate to the chart measurements well, and how is the alabaster color? Thank you for any comments! I know some of you Linea ladies ordered this as soon as it got posted. Many thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please Post Reviews Of Alabaster Swing Sweater A267864!

[ Edited ]

Other colors welcome too! It is just easier to find one review thread for the swing sweater instead of numerous repetitions. Thanks! 

Valued Contributor

Re: Please Post Reviews Of Alabaster And Other Swing Sweaters A267864 Here!

Great idea. Most of us posted item reviews last year so we're not allowed to post on the product page this re-order. 

Fit - Alabaster vs. Taupe

The 2x Alabaster that arrived fits like my 3x ones I ordered last year. The 2x Taupe fits a bit snug. There is about 5-6" difference across the front between one 2x and the other. I think I may have received a mis-sized one. I will wait until others review so that I can see if this is just one cardi that was labeled wrong - or if it is the case of one factory (or knitting machine) doing the alabaster and another doing the Taupe. I did put the Taupe up a size on check order.

I can't compare measurements with my 2015 3X ones because I intentionally shrunk those to be a better fit since I lost 40 pounds. The beauty of this swing cardigan is that it still drapes beautifully if even too loose. 

Below is a copy of what I posted in another thread regarding the taupe color:

I've been a fan of the Alabaster since it first launched, so I expected to be crazy about that one, but the surprise was the "sensible choice" neutral taupe that I ordered because it's just a good color to keep in my office at work. Wow. I like this taupe. It is darker than the taupe in the Linea Leisure. I actually like it better than the lighter taupes and khaki's we've been having. To me, it is the perfect medium taupe. It could just be the lighting in my office where I opened my order (and am currently wearing the taupe today since the A/C is cool) but the taupe seems less "grayish". More of an earthy taupe. Rich-looking.

Contributor

I received my Alabaster and Taupe cardigans yesterday in my regular Linea size of Medium and they are beautiful...but way too big. The click here chest measurement for a medium is 39.5"; both were 44", which is between a L and XL.

I immediately re-ordered them in a Small and I'm hopeful that they will fit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MareZ wrote:

I received my Alabaster and Taupe cardigans yesterday in my regular Linea size of Medium and they are beautiful...but way too big. The click here chest measurement for a medium is 39.5"; both were 44", which is between a L and XL.

I immediately re-ordered them in a Small and I'm hopeful that they will fit.

@MareZ

Oh my. This happened last year, too, but only with certain colors. I hope this sizing issue is at least consistent and not specific to certain colors, or a specific size.

Hope your "smalls" fit you perfectly! Thanks for your helpful review.

Honored Contributor

What I find most annoying re: sizing issues is when a garment arrives and even though it says 'Small' on the label when you compare click here measurements it's really a 'Large'! This happened to me twice on a specific Linea garment -- the faux Shetland pullover. I got the 2nd one via 2 day UPS courtesy of C/S and that one was mislabeled! 

What are the chances of it happening twice?? Anyway another C/S called me and asked if I wanted to do a 'manual pull' to physically check for an actual Small and I told her, 'yes please do so.' I received the correct torso size Small but the sleeves are slightly long, so I need to cuff them once. 

Only thing I can think of is, various parts of the garments are sewn in different parts of the factory as I think the labeling is done.

So please anyone that receives a garment that is measured out to not coincide with the click here measurements, please put notes on the garment and the plastic bag it came in so the item doesn't get returned to stock again to have someone else disappointed. Thank you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I always wear xl but had to go down to a large in the gray swing cardigan last year. Based on that experience, I ordered a large in the alabaster, and it fits fine. Just like the large gray from last year. When I order the taupe, I'll order a large and hope for the best.
Contributor

You're very welcome, GraceCo. It happened to me last year, too, I ordered the black and the heather grey; the black fit perfectly with a 39.5" chest measurement, and the grey measured 45" and had to be returned.

I'm a tad worried that the small will be too small, but I'll just have to wait and see. The alabaster and taupe colors are too beautiful to pass up and will be workhorses in my wardrobe.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MareZ wrote:

You're very welcome, GraceCo. It happened to me last year, too, I ordered the black and the heather grey; the black fit perfectly with a 39.5" chest measurement, and the grey measured 45" and had to be returned.

I'm a tad worried that the small will be too small, but I'll just have to wait and see. The alabaster and taupe colors are too beautiful to pass up and will be workhorses in my wardrobe.

@MareZ

The feel of the sweater is just like cashmere IMO. I had trouble with the back of the sweater riding up in back with the marine blue & grey, and I prefer a straight back, so I was hesitant to order more. BUT, I love the alabaster too much to pass it up! I have everything Louis has done in alabaster, so how can I ignore this piece? lol. I expect it today or tomorrow and I ordered the medium, which fit me last year. Crossing my fingers!

Respected Contributor

I received my alabaster and black swing cardigans today in my usual Linea knit size of XXS. The alabaster fit great, just like my grey and marine blue. The black was a little more snug, sleeves not as long, but should still be ok. Hasn't Louis said that darker colors can often seem smaller because if the way the fabric absorbs the dye?

I think I need the beautiful taupe, but know that taupe hoodie is coming which is a must have for me. How many taupe items do I need?

The dark umber is also on my radar. How many swing sweaters does a person need, especially in Florida?