Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLAY PLAY PLAY!

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 

Your Mother of the Groom outfit must've been just so stunning! That rich violet ruffle trimmed jacket with the delicate scattered sequins on the dress, yummm. Just the right amount of bling mixed with a classy jacket...in violet no less.💜  So very perfect for a Nov wedding. Very nice, Chica

Do you happen to recognize the grey boucle stroller in the pic I posted upthread?(see #10) Hoping someone here is familiar with that coat. I picked it up on the bay. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LMinAZ wrote:

The violet seamed jacket is a wool blend.  I don't think it would be considered a boucle, although it is substantial fabric.  I got it in vilolet, malachite, and fuchsia.  Those were my early days of Linea, and I was building my wardrobe.  The item number is A229475.

I also got the pucker fabric suit that you mentioned.  That was called Spruce, as well.  Dressier than the Ottoman suit, with lovely framed buttons.  I had not thought about pairing either of those with the caramel.  So that is a combo I want to try. 

The magenta faux suede skirt is lovely.  I have not ordered it yet.  But I could cave any minute.  I do have a fuchsia WK pencil skirt, and am not sure how close in color that would be to the magenta.  

There is more to come, and I am trying to pace myself.  Not going to happen, but I try. 

@LMinAZ

I remember this jacket. It was a beauty. And you have three jewel tones, nice! Try your violet with the dark plum if its blue based. That might be an interesting path to follow. It also came in topaz and teal. I might have the teal or I recall thinking about buying it. I'll have to look.🙄 I chuckled when I looked for the jacket and this pop up appeared. Silly algorithms.

Screenshot_20200903-015457_Chrome.jpg

Now I'm wondering if my WK pencil skirt and vee neck sweater is fuchsia like yours and not magenta like I'd thought. Hmmm. It may still work with the dark plum. Just have to wait and see how they'll go with my goodies when everything arrives.

Do you have any other pieces in the faux suede? The slim or bootleg pants? They're very nice. I like incorporating the different texture and the hi-low look of the fabric. The green faux suede slim leg with the Ottoman or plisse' spruce green with a caramel or tobacco top would be a nice look to play with. Its making me think of sports cars. British Racing Green with those Luggage leather interiors. The spruce green is one of my favs. Curious to see the new pine green and how it'll compare to the other Linea greens I have.

To be continued...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@Maxine49 

Your Mother of the Groom outfit must've been just so stunning! That rich violet ruffle trimmed jacket with the delicate scattered sequins on the dress, yummm. Just the right amount of bling mixed with a classy jacket...in violet no less.💜  So very perfect for a Nov wedding. Very nice, Chica

Do you happen to recognize the grey boucle stroller in the pic I posted upthread?(see #10) Hoping someone here is familiar with that coat. I picked it up on the bay. 

No, Rochelle, what are the item numbers? Do you know when they were offered for sale on the Q? I was living in Paris from August 2004 until October 2007, so anything during that time period I simply don't have. When I moved back to the US, I earnestly started buying Linea in 2008. I had pieces from before I moved to Paris--and I took them with me. I couldn't wear a lot of Linea jackets in the early days as there was lots of embellishments on the cuffs and they really couldn't be shortened for my shorter arms. Remember those gorgeous floral embroidered boiled wool toppers? I was so disappointed not to be able to wear them! When Louis started doing 3/4 sleeves and plain cuffs, I really went to town! I have so much you really would not believe--and in pristine condition, and some is too small now. What size do you wear?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 

No item # in the grey boucle stroller. I bought it new on eBay. It's a beauty though in person (the flash  washed out the true color) a smart mid tone+ grey, exquisitely made with princess seaming and of course the winged neck collar and all top stitched seams. A substantial garment in looks and weight. Hopefully someone will recognize it. 

Ah yes, those beautiful boucles with the sleeve detailing. The only and correct way is to alter from the shoulder. The sleeve has to completely come out, shortened and replaced. A job for a person with experience. But boy oh boy, the coats are true beauties. A work of art on your back. 

I'd love to hear more about your time in Paris someday. The closest I got was Amsterdam as an exchange student the summer of '68. I 'brought' home a Dutch boy who wanted to marry me and live in an attic apt in Paris and eat cheese, drink wine and make sidewalk art. Thank goodness my mother kept her mouth shut, lol. He did sell a portfolio of artist proofs by Karel Appel to pay for his ticket to the US. Geez, I wish I'd kept a couple of those lithos!

I'm a sz small now. I did size up on the BD cardi for more ease. I hate when a longer sweater hugs my butt or shows the outline of pockets, waistband or anything underneath. I ordered up in a couple tanks too, with the intention of layering. My xs days are mostly in the rear view mirror right now. Blaming covid. This is changing though. I have a crummy back from an old injury and extra lbs are a big no no.My med bisque was noticeably much larger than the grey and plum. Actually, each color fit a tad differently. Crossing my fingers for a backorder bisque fulfillment. It's such a nice classy color. What did you order from the new collection?

Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@LMinAZ wrote:

The violet seamed jacket is a wool blend.  I don't think it would be considered a boucle, although it is substantial fabric.  I got it in vilolet, malachite, and fuchsia.  Those were my early days of Linea, and I was building my wardrobe.  The item number is A229475.

I also got the pucker fabric suit that you mentioned.  That was called Spruce, as well.  Dressier than the Ottoman suit, with lovely framed buttons.  I had not thought about pairing either of those with the caramel.  So that is a combo I want to try. 

The magenta faux suede skirt is lovely.  I have not ordered it yet.  But I could cave any minute.  I do have a fuchsia WK pencil skirt, and am not sure how close in color that would be to the magenta.  

There is more to come, and I am trying to pace myself.  Not going to happen, but I try. 

@LMinAZ

I remember this jacket. It was a beauty. And you have three jewel tones, nice! Try your violet with the dark plum if its blue based. That might be an interesting path to follow. It also came in topaz and teal. I might have the teal or I recall thinking about buying it. I'll have to look.🙄 I chuckled when I looked for the jacket and this pop up appeared. Silly algorithms.

Screenshot_20200903-015457_Chrome.jpg

Now I'm wondering if my WK pencil skirt and vee neck sweater is fuchsia like yours and not magenta like I'd thought. Hmmm. It may still work with the dark plum. Just have to wait and see how they'll go with my goodies when everything arrives.

Do you have any other pieces in the faux suede? The slim or bootleg pants? They're very nice. I like incorporating the different texture and the hi-low look of the fabric. The green faux suede slim leg with the Ottoman or plisse' spruce green with a caramel or tobacco top would be a nice look to play with. Its making me think of sports cars. British Racing Green with those Luggage leather interiors. The spruce green is one of my favs. Curious to see the new pine green and how it'll compare to the other Linea greens I have.

To be continued...

Isn't that Lock in Savings message a hoot?  Gotta love technology.  I do not have any of the recent faux suede pieces, such as the pants.  I do have some from around 2011 or 2012. 

Louis offered a shirt jacket and wrap skirt in a faux suede material.  I got the outfit in Espresso and Avocado.  The shirt is A219793. The skirt is A219794.  I am tall and that skirt goes to right above my ankles.  It would need boots to look good.  We have so few cold days here, where a suede skirt and boots would look appropriate. But I do grab the shirt jackets often, to pair with super ponte pants and WK skirts. 

You mentioned the British look.  The pictures on Louis' blog show the suede shirt jacket in Espresso, over the faux linen herringbone pants in Stone, with a luggage tan belt, and a pair of leather gloves over the belt.  A very British racing car look.  I think that was posted around the end of 2011.  

Anyway, my blouses are still in process.  So it will be awhile before I can report my results with mixing the new with the vintage.  

Esteemed Contributor

@LMinAZ 

Ohh, I'd forgotten about those faux suede shirts. Also came in a rich purple. And I do have that faux suede riding skirt. I bought that on ebay. I'm short and it was way too long but the price was right so I grabbed it. I never did shorten it. Time to pull it out again. Didn't the skirt come in navy and a dark grey too? Or am I thinking of the similar style offered in a different fabric? For some reason a wool blend has popped into my head. I'll check the item#.

I love the languid look of the faux linen herringbone. Worn separate or together. 

I received the green/black Tartan jacket today along with the print blouse and pine WK tank. Verrrrry nice! X100 more gorgeous in person. 🤗

Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@LMinAZ 

Ohh, I'd forgotten about those faux suede shirts. Also came in a rich purple. And I do have that faux suede riding skirt. I bought that on ebay. I'm short and it was way too long but the price was right so I grabbed it. I never did shorten it. Time to pull it out again. Didn't the skirt come in navy and a dark grey too? Or am I thinking of the similar style offered in a different fabric? For some reason a wool blend has popped into my head. I'll check the item#.

I love the languid look of the faux linen herringbone. Worn separate or together. 

I received the green/black Tartan jacket today along with the print blouse and pine WK tank. Verrrrry nice! X100 more gorgeous in person. 🤗

Sounds gorgeous, and I am happy to hear that it exceeds expectations.  Wear in good health for years to come.  With Louis' designs, we can wear them for years to come. 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Maxine49 

I'd love to hear more about your time in Paris someday. The closest I got was Amsterdam as an exchange student the summer of '68. I 'brought' home a Dutch boy who wanted to marry me and live in an attic apt in Paris and eat cheese, drink wine and make sidewalk art. Thank goodness my mother kept her mouth shut, lol. He did sell a portfolio of artist proofs by Karel Appel to pay for his ticket to the US. Geez, I wish I'd kept a couple of those lithos!

So it seems we are close in age, if you were an exchange student in 1968---was that high school or college? I'll write more about Paris, but I was there for work. I had a fantastic 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment in the 16th arrondissement on Avenue Raymond Poincare, on the 5th floor, in an 1895 building, with original parquet floors and plaster carvings on walls and ceiling and original marble fireplaces with the original mirrors and seven sets of "French" doors--four of which led to a wrought iron balcony--and I could see the top of the Eiffel Tower! It was a dream experience and I wish I could have stayed forever! Every week I would go to the flower market and fill the apartment with beautiful floral arrangements--both wine and flowers are very affordable in Paris!

More later.......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow @Maxine49 Just Wow. Your apartment sounds so fabulous. I look forward to hearing more about your Paris life and adventures there.

I lived in Central America for fours years. Belize. Dirt floor and thatch roof. A long, long way from Paris. I graduated HS in '70. You?

Later. Nighty Night

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

Wow @Maxine49 Just Wow. Your apartment sounds so fabulous. I look forward to hearing more about your Paris life and adventures there.

I lived in Central America for fours years. Belize. Dirt floor and thatch roof. A long, long way from Paris. I graduated HS in '70. You?

Later. Nighty Night

I'm Class of 1968 HS! So I'm a couple years older than you.

I have a bunch of pictures of my Paris apartment on the hard drive of my old Thinkpad that I can't access. I need to see if someone can get into that hard drive for me. I'll see what I can find in the meantime and post some photos.