Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that's what I've been doing... I'm loving the new fall collection and pulled out my Copper Gauze Crepe Topper A302566 and found that this color coordinates quite nicely with the new Caramel and Tobacco pieces. Very tonal when mixed and matched and makes for another wearing option going into the fall season. I was so tickled at how nicely these colors played together. A handsome look with lots of styling variety. That led me to pairing the copper with the new grey. Ooh la la. Another like with a myriad of styling options. I'll play with the dark plum and bisque tomorrow.

What fun things has your closet revealed? Please share and keep play, play, playing.

Screenshot_20200902-010725_Chrome.jpg

Last clicks with only olive and black available. Additional colors and sizes on the bay.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLAY PLAY PLAY!

[ Edited ]

Remember the Zig Zag skirt, A257288? The wine colored pattern looks great with the new dark plum. There was vee neck matching top too. Very Missoni like pattern in these garments.This was also offered in dark green.

Screenshot_20200902-014112_Chrome.jpg

Respected Contributor

Came across this beauty - a Double Breasted Boucle Jacket in Hunter Green.  It also came in Brick Red, Black and Navy.  It was presented in 2014. 

All the colours look like they would work with several of the new items/colours from the last two groupings.

4BCB5888-73CC-4EDA-AAEF-B1BE2E4BE494.jpeg0510E8C5-0540-43B2-8763-C06FD9AFFC4B.jpeg4C621C49-FB58-4D4C-92E6-B6FF11D7492D.jpegB9DFCBEE-57CD-428A-83C7-6ACFE21C3615.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Here's another vintage piece from '09, A91495. I have the grey and it looks super with the bisque. Actually all the new fall colors play well with this mid tone shade. The detailing on the buttons is what makes this particular jacket so unique. Both the grey and brown were originally offered with matching trousers. I'll try to take a pic of my grey when the sun comes out. Details are difficult to see in the stock photo of the brown.

Screenshot_20200902-095602_Chrome.jpg

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

These beautiful clothes make me almost long for my working days, when I could wear such classic pieces!  

I have a jacket I purchased at least 8 years ago from Louis''s (? or is it Louis') line which is still in fashion today.  It was a black crepe short jacket and it worked perfectly with my dresses.

His items are truly investment clothing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Cotton/Poly Swing Jacket was offered in many colours over the years....I have the Black.  It has a beautiful texture.  Found the photo of when Louis introduced the Red as the new colour and Black was the reorder.  My new SuperPonte Slim Pants will work nicely with this Jacket.D9F3AB3C-2968-48C1-A167-F4B15C7B9B6D.jpeg

E51ACAD4-789B-4198-A9D9-005759269319.jpeg

Contributor

@rochelleS ......I don't know whether to hug you or kick you Smiley Happy  I have recently finished sorting through closets of Linea pieces, and had assembled close to 300 items which I intend to put on the bay.  Now, thanks to you, I will be re-looking at the items in light of the new BD pieces I received Smiley Sad     How will I ever downsize if you keep inspiring me to PLAY PLAY PLAY???

PS  I am actually glad you did.  My husband, however, is not !!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

lol @jeancp, I prefer hugs  please.😊 Seriously, I've said this before and will continue to share that I look at my clothing with a different set of eyes because of Louis. I've learned so much...and am still learning, which I truly embrace. 

Its water under the bridge now but I still have pangs of regret and remorse for culling some fabulous items from my wardrobe years ago. If I only knew then what I know now. Sigh.

I've learned how to incorporate dressier suiting, evening wear including sequined pieces, business style suiting, dresses, skirts and more into my everyday casual lifestyle. I call it funkng down my wardrobe. What's not to love about a classic jacket paired with a crisp shirt with multiple scarves, leather gloves, great belt or maybe a hat with jeans and cool shoes or boots. Switch the blouse for a cowl neck sequin top, a jean jacket, capris or skirt which could be reversed. Mix colors, textures and styles. Or add something long or short to build a look, previously not considered. Create an attitude and grab your moxie and go girl. The possibilities are endless and can be so much fun. That's a key point too. Enjoy your spoils. Embrace your imagination, be creative, step out of the box and have some delicious fun. Don't fight your good taste. After all, it is Linea you are playing with. Experiment. Remember that  color and styles have a way of coming back around too. 

Another point to consider is that your wardrobe was purchased at prices much lower than today's market. I have no doubt you have fabric, silks, woolens, wovens, boucles, leathers etc of exceptional quality and timeless style. Again, irreplaceable in today's fashions for what we paid years ago.

Share your styling questions and concerns here. This exceptional group of Linea Ladies are creative with a good eye and fabulous taste. We would be happy to help. Plus, Louis is always ready to assist in any fashion styling questions or creative input. You have a pot of gold at your feet my dear. 

Play Play Play ♡♡♡

You may want to consider sorting your cache by color and season too. It makes styling creatively much more accessible.

Contributor

Oooh!  I am loving this thread!  I too am getting into play mode with my Linea stash.  I first noticed Linea in 2011, and am enjoying reviewing the archives on Louis' blog.  Just seeing how he styled the outfits is giving me more inspiration for my own combinations. 

I am eagerly awaiting the pine/magenta flowered blouse, to see how it will look with the  Ottoman suit in spruce.  The magenta blouse may go nicely with the Seamed Jacket in Violet.  Both were offered around 2012/2013.   Gonna be fun!  

Esteemed Contributor

Screenshot_20200902-095602_Chrome.jpg

Here's some photos. The above jacket in grey  including a close up of the buttonhole and pocket finishing, which is very nice and crisp. This particular detailing gives this jacket a quasi military-safari kind of vibe, imo. I'm sure some of you remember this. Looks good with caramel and bisque so far.

On the left is a boucle stroller with a winged collar. It's sort of a flatter boucle but heavy in weight. I wonder if its 'ironed' like Louis had described the new Tartan blazers. I'll compare when mine arrives. Another beauty mixed with any of the new fall collection of colors. No item# available. Does anybody recognize this boucle stroller?

The flash considably lightened the true colors of both the garments.

Screenshot_20200902-161428_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200902-161845_Gallery.jpg