Regular Contributor

Ottoman knit care?

[ Edited ]

I just bought the 2013 Heather Grey Ottoman jacket and skirt on eBay. Tag says 100% cotton and dry clean only. Clearly this is special fabric but am wondering if anyone washed it cold on delicate and laid it flat to dry?  

A236142 & 3

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Sounds like the fabric was not pre-shrunk and it could shrink.  If you like it and want to wear it for a long time, I'd follow laundry directions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Considerig that I got it for a song, I will stump up and pay for dry cleaning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CGee 

This is a lovely outfit. The Ottoman ribbing is unique and special. Id suggest dry cleaning as directed to maintain the shape and sizing of these unlined pieces. Enjoy your new purchases!

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice! Yes it's a great outfit.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ottoman knit care?

[ Edited ]

@CGee 

Well I'm all excited too. Didn't hear the FedEx delivery just after 6pm. Checked my tracking and saw my ebay pkg had been delivered. I scored a vintage trench in a gorgeous somewhat shiny fabric from 2008. Here's a pic of my new anxiously awaited beauty. I love it!!! A true classic with an edge. I'll get into the rest of the Linea I purchased in the daylight. 

Screenshot_20200530-235045_Chrome.jpg

Respected Contributor

Rochelle, you are going to LUV that coat. louis showed them on some special event from NYC and I went mad and bought all three colors! Black, magents and the olive, and I am so glad I did. I didn't realize they were 12 years old! They look as good today as the day I bought them and every single time I wear one I always get a compliment. The black really works well as an evening coat too and I've worn it over a black TN and sequin pants. I know you are goung to love wearing it. You were lucky to get it. Was it in good condition?

Regular Contributor

Oh lucky you! I remember that coat--will keep my eyes peeled.

Valued Contributor

@CGee I have the ottoman suit in 3 colors, gray, green and black. Yes dry clean only!  Awesome suits, the skirts are a little too tight right now, just need to lose a few pounds. Those were the days, you will not find anything like those suits again.  Good Find, enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@CGee 

We both got lucky! I love my vintage Linea 💓 and have a nice collection. Timeless, classic pieces that are fun to find and wear so many years later. I've been helping my sister shop, we're different sizes and have found some jaw dropping stunning beauties that I'd never seen before.  What size are you?