Super Contributor

Re: Opinions on the yellow plaid blazer

Just received my yellow As Is. I adore it! Perfect. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
Thanks!! But I take a 2 in this. Maybe a 4 would work?? Sizing can be tricky. Sometimes going up works great, sometimes it looks sloppy. I am wearing the new DFG blazer today in a 2. The ivory plaid I got in a 2. But the faux suede trench I got in a 4 and would not have liked how snug a 2 would’ve been.

The main downfall of ordering online.

I hope you get your Moss today!
My yellow one is still in process, says I’ll get it the 18th. 😕
Respected Contributor

@TeachRsPet
Glad you love it! Looking forward to receiving mine.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom 

Oh well, keep stalking. If I see sz 2 I'll give you a shout. I went up a size in this blazer. I found the last 3-4 items I'd ordered with numerical sizing to be running smaller. Prior year items fit fine as well as my alpha xs's. I was really surprised. Used the click here measurements too, but something is off for me. That being said, the slight difference was a better fit in the shoulders and across the back. I needed that extra ease when crossing my arms or reaching. I can move the button but I usually wear the jacket open. Plus there's a little more room to comfortably layer. A necessity now with the low temps.(10°) I hear you're getting some of this artic front in FL too. Brrrrrr. 

Yes! My Moss blazer and Black faux suede trench will be delivered today.👍 Likely a late delivery as we've been inundated with snow. Lots and lots and lots of snow. With leaves still on the trees, which looks so weird. 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
After reading your post, I put the caramel 4 on check hold. An going to try my 2 on again and see if I think going up a size will be ok. I won’t be layering like you would, but it might not hurt to have some extra room across the back/shoulders. 😊

Did you receive your moss one and your black trench?
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom 

Do take a good look at the click here measurements. The difference between sizes isn't that much. I just went through this last night with my BFF and she sized up too. Also, regarding layering...you may opt to wear a WK with the blazer as your mornings become cooler, than take off the jacket during the workday. Consider leaving yourself that bit of additional ease. And of course, a little more in the shoulder would benefit too. At least you have an opportunity to try the Caramel, which you've been wanting so much.

Yep, got the Moss and Black coat. I still have to try them on. They both arrived in a wrinkled mess. Boo! SMH. I'll check 'em out and report back. Glad to see how pleased you are with the tulle skirt. That is very cool. I got excited and placed a small on waitlist...only to later realize it was the regular length. I need petite. I cancelled the order. Oh well.