Respected Contributor

One year later, could Linea start again somewhere else?

I guess it wouldn't be called a Non-Compete Agreement but maybe there is something like that where one brand agrees not to sell on other channels/sites until the one-year anniversary has passed.  I remain hopeful that Linea will start offering beautiful clothing on another site.  I haven't kept up with his blog in the last few months but I would be so happy if I saw a notice that he was up and running again!  Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

Re: One year later, could Linea start again somewhere else?

I always enjoyed the Linea shows on QVC. His fashion shows that were done in the QVC  studio were always so much fun to watch (QVC's version of a mini Fashion Week?). I enjoyed his wife, lovely Jac Dell'Olio, and was saddened when she passed away. I cannot believe Louis is no longer affiliated with QVC. I don't think anyone could easily replace all of the beauty and creativity that came from the Linea classic line of clothing. Louis Dell'Olio will not be easy to replace. I miss the in-studio interaction between QVC hosts and vendors. I watch very little QVC, since the vendors are usually not in the studio. 

Respected Contributor

Anyone remember Maggie Sweet from HSN?  After Daniel Kiviat got booted off, he tried to continue on his own, but never quite got off the ground.  Too bad, he had quite a following on HSN. 

Honored Contributor

He said no possibility in the foreseeable future.  He also said he wouldn't work without his manufacturer Elaine who closed her company in China. She also made clothing for Bob Mackie and Joan Rivers.  With Louis and Bob gone, she couldn't afford to stay open.  

People change their minds, though.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini   I wish this was a reality.  He is missed for many reasons.  Louis is a one-of-a-kind.  I am so grateful that he shared his gift on QVC.  It is my Linea that are the   workhorses in my closet...always appropriate, always beautiful.  I doubt he will return for the reasons stated above....plus the sadness of the loss of his treasured wife and the QVC limitations that were imposed on his line towards the last years.  We were very lucky to experience Linea and Louis.

As an aside:  I also miss the beautiful community...remember Sheesh, Barbara in Virginia.  Always a kind and supportive community.  Many years ago Sheesh was an avid J Ripka follower and supporters actually got together and met with J Ripka.  Even though I wasn't online a lot, I miss that joy and fun talking about Ripka and later Linea.  These two lines (when Ripka was at her best before selling out) and Linea have been premier products and created a wonderful active community around the product.  Sadly, I think those days are gone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been purchasing Louis's clothing even when he co designed with Donna Karan at Anne Klein.  I own many beautiful clothing items especially blouses.  I also own many lovely Linea items like his black baseball jacket etc.  I think QVC made a huge mistake not continuing his line. From watching his Facebook shows I think Louis has decided to retire.

Respected Contributor

I would be thrilled if it were only a small limited collection of possibly six to ten items. Could easily put together at least three complete outfits. Once you know your size in a line, it's just so easy to online shop.

Honored Contributor

@santorini    I think that non-compete agreement applies primarily to performers in a designated geographic area.  Most QVC vendors sell their goods many places, everywhere.   I think Louis could have continued his business at any time if the stars had aligned for him. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think Louis has decided to retire. I will miss his clothing tremendously.

Respected Contributor

Fall is my favourite Season - have always looked forward to Louis’s fabulous Designs and Sneak Peeks.  

Was browsing the Saks site - came across this Sweater/Coat....by Fabiana Filippi for $1,700.......

0078260C-FCEE-4996-84EB-2B8C2324D26E.jpeg

It reminded me of this Linea Faux Shetland Cardigan/Coat, A282504, from October 2016.....

EC8C4A8E-BAC5-463C-AE06-B6BE18338490.jpeg

3B1F7CE0-C5FF-4141-963F-A1D10BA789CF.jpeg

62E7FD89-E779-48B0-B462-8DB41DC03573.jpeg

I own the one in the last photo....in the Umber/Brick combination.....while I can’t recall the cost....I’m thinking it was less than $100.

There will never be another Louis.