Valued Contributor

Re: OH MY! Sneak Peek - PLUM Story!

I'm glad we have some time to prepare and decide.  Bisque was my first choice.  Then I read what Louis said about how the pieces do not exactly match in the differing fabric, but blend, and began looking closer at the bisque.  The jacket and skirt in the TCF - truly beautiful - are DEFINITELY much pinker  in cast than the WK pieces.  I'm waiting till we see them posted and want to study that more to see if it will bother me.  If you look at Louis' blog photos there is one with a WK top and the new bisque pants.  Wow those pants look pink compared to the WK.  So, waiting to actually see online or in a show or video.  I love the bisque story because bisque will work so well with my Dark Forest Green blazer, dittos for the other colors in that blazer.  Planning, though Louis has not sneak peeked it yet, on getting the Navy blazer in TCF and possibly the Bright Pink.  I'm always so concerned that Louis's retirement MIGHT be a lot sooner than I am expecting so would hate to miss out on any of these WKnits or any of his truly masterfully tailored jackets or blazers. 

Thinking the bisque cluster - we will see.,  As many of the plum pieces as I feel I can spring for and definitely the dark grey pieces (all)  But honestly I'll probably retrench from that and at least do the bisque, some of the dark grey and some of the plum pieces,  Better be some good easy pays on the day they finally post at the Q since getting a whole cluster and possibly PLUS the jewelery pieces could be too much for me.  

I had a truly terrible experience in July when I ordered some of the pieces (think blazers and jackets) I had put off buying.  They were all on easy pay so I ordered.  Some nightmare happened - it could have been the raging thunder storm here when I ordered and maybe a computer blip occured but somehow that order logged in TWICE.  I did not catch this until 5 hours later when I immediately phoned a CS rep.  Well, they all work from home now and there are certain things they cannot do and one of those apparently was handle my double order,  So the next morning early I got on the phone with a Rep in the President's office.  Those reps, many of whom have been with QVC for 20 to 20+ years, know their stuff.  But even she could not cancel my accidental double order.  It was a gut wrenching nightmare for me.  My bank takes the full purchase amount out (not the easy pay amount) and suddenly I was horribly in the overdraft with my bank.  The rep in the Pres. Office is the one who explained to me about the limitations on CS reps right now but even with trying every back door this rep at the pres office knew about, she could not or would not refund me for one of the two orders at that time.  The nightmare went on for several weeks.  I would not have made it without my husband helping me out in this jam.  I had to wait until unbelievably slow shipping slowly brought me all of the pieces -in one of the two orders.  This too many weeks.  Of course nothing came together.  When I finally had completed one of the two orders in my possession, the rep ordered up a UPS pick up.  It was not until after the pick up was complete and the driver had logged in the transaction that the rep would begin the reimbursement.  That took another 4 days til it reached my bank.  This burned me so badly, the shock that I could not cancel an order 5 hours after placing it and then the shock that there was absolutely nothing they could do to help me with the double order until weeks later when the horribly slow shipping finally began coughing up individual items at my door until I had one full order to return.  If it were not for Louis, I would never place another order at QVC.  My husband is so disgusted with QVC.  I have been a long-time customer - almost all Linea -[ my husband concluded that any other big firm would have trusted me and given me an immediate refund on good faith because of all the many purchases Linea 've made over the years. One concession the rep gave me was not charging shipping on the order which I then eventually was able to return.  The rep tried very hard to work within the strict QVC policies involved, knowing that shipping is a mess for them, and knowing that the regular CS reps would be unable to help me at all.  It's left a terrible taste in my mouth and I see the days of my Linea purchases coming to an end.  I worried over the whole situation for days and days and found myself running down to the bank with cash to cover the  hemorraghe this accidental identical double order charge put me through at my bank.

Honored Contributor

((((TheOwl))))

QVC should have allowed the cancellation. SMH at the callousness. 

I am waiting for the plum jacket to complete the suiting. I hope he has a nice coordinating print top to wear. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

To avoid big problems like Nancy's, it might be better to do each item as a separate order. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and they are not likely to all get messed up at the same time. Shipping charges are the same either way.
Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

So sorry that happened to you.
Frequent Contributor

Seems like humans should have been able to over ride a computer error.
Frequent Contributor