OMG the plum pieces are exquisite!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: OH MY! Sneak Peek - PLUM Story!

@DiAnne wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

Beautiful jacket!

@DiAnne 

EXQUISITE. Beautiful tailoring and this jacket reminds me of an Anne Klein jacket I owned decades ago. I will be hard pressed to stop at two colors.

@GraceCO 

I can't decide.  I have so many of the port pieces already and this is similar in color.  I also have to pay at least $40 more to have the sleeves lengthened but I really like the jacket.  I wonder if we will ever get out of the house to wear them!

@DiAnne 

Good point! That's the thing, the pandemic and retirement lifestyle...I doubt we'll be wearing the jacket anytime soon, but there will come a time, and this is one I know I'll regret if I pass it up. Like you, I also have the port jacket, so maybe the plum is too close in color? 

I am for certain getting the WK pieces, as they are practical and do fit my lifestyle, even sans pandemic. 

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO I think the port has more red in it than the new plum.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Grace,

Several weeks ago when the tanks were first offered I ordered and received the one in Plum (as well as the Pine, Tobacco and Black).  I fell in love with the Plum.

After falling hard for the Plum tank, I ordered and received the ponte pant in Plum.  First of all, it was too large, but, once again, the Linea petite is too long for me.  Why is it 29" and not 26" like so many other QVC brands?  So, knowing I will not go to the seamstress at the dry cleaners at this time, I decided to return the pant and erase it from my memory.  It was a hard decision, to be honest.

The WK sleeveless TN, cardigan and long skirt are on my list, and I will see how long the jacket's sleeves are before committing to it.  Perhaps Louis will show that the sleeves can be attractively rolled up.  This is a wait-and-see desire.  As for the skirt whose fabric matches that of the jacket, I am wondering how short it is.  If I can have it fall beneath my knees, I will seriously consider it.

The Jewelry!  Definitely want the three-strand necklace and the Fez.  Most likely, I won't buy the bracelets but might change my mind.   

@golding76 

Goldie, I will never understand why there isn't a consistent standard for pant length in the regular and petite pants. Sorry you had to return them, but I'm totally with you on avoiding going to a tailor right now.

As for the WK, that's the easiest "yes" for me, too. The English rib on the cardigan is wonderful and the four pieces, including the tank, sleeveless TN, skirt and cardigan gives us lots of options. I'm betting you'll be able to roll up the sleeves without it looking swkward. Maybe pushing up the sleeve is an option, too. I hope it can work out for you. As for the WK skirt, I thought it was a midi?

Frequent Contributor

What happened?  I put in the item number for the jacket and nothing came up except a message saying it's already sold out.  What a disappointment.  That plum is so beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

I also have the plum tank and love it.
Definitely getting the sweater and turtleneck in plum .
I was going to pass on the jacket but that plum is spectacular.
Honored Contributor

Teal is usually my favorite color, but I may change to plum. Gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire wrote:

What happened?  I put in the item number for the jacket and nothing came up except a message saying it's already sold out.  What a disappointment.  That plum is so beautiful.

Please go to the thread here July/August List & Shows 2020 for an explanation.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

And @JustJazzmom to the rescue!!  Thank you so much for the info.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grace,

Yes, I do want the midi WK skirt, but regarding the shortness of a skirt, I was referring to the skirt made from the same fabric used for the new jacket.  That skirt might be too short.  It is hard to tell because the models are taller and longer-legged than I.  So, seeing it on them was not particularly helpful for me. 

I'm waiting to see that short skirt modeled live and to read its measurements.