Valued Contributor

Re: Now I Better Understand the Superior Construction, Etc., of the Linea Line

Also Nicksmom, I think that his respect for women is intrinsic in how well he makes sure that these garments are made.  As a seamstress of many years myself (hobby), I feel that the way these garments hold up, and are so washer friendly - shows respect for me, the buyer and for my purchasing dollar.  That may sound like splitting hairs, because you are SO right about the beautiful, classy designs - but it's been on my mind for a while.  A shoddily, careless or sloppily put together garment shows real disrespect for me, the buyer.  I won't purchase twice from anyone who isn't doing fastidious construction.  

Respected Contributor

I can thank Louis for keeping my weight under control. I figure I can't go up more than five lbs. so I can wear his clothes forever.

I have been wearing Koos jackets with Louis dresses. There was a time when the Q had real designers. Thank goodness Louis is left. 

Respected Contributor

I remember the Q’s Designer Days! So many great Designers and absolutely gorgeous clothing! Todsy - the only Brand on Q that I purchase (of all categories of products) is Linea. Louis is exceptional - love his designs his fabrics his quality! And we can actually ‘talk’ to him through his Blog - he responds to our endless questions - asks for our input & listens to our requests! You can tell he loves what he does!
Honored Contributor

I still have some of LDOs silk shirts/blouses.  I also have a gorgeous Bob Mackie silk and the construction was marvelous.  So far we have plunged in such a few short years.  What will the next 20 bring?  I shudder to think.

Honored Contributor

I found out about Linea about two years ago in the spring when he did the French sailor-type sweaters. I was hooked! I appreciate this forum and everyone's comments on it that help me decide what to get! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think the opinions on this board are unanimous, Louis is the best designer on the Q, and for my money, anywhere. I look at all the Fashion magazines, and get all the catelogues, and I see less and less things that appeal to me, especially from the high end stores. There was a time when I would look through the magazines and catelogues and see so much I liked. That doesn't happen anymore except with Linea. His clothing and jewelry has no comparison IMHO, and the pricing is truly unbeatable. With Linea I always feel I'm getting much more then I paid for, and that's a very satisfying feeling. I always feel well put together , and without fail, I always get compliments on the clothes and jewelry. It doesn't hurt that my husband loves the way I look in Louis' clothes! He can always tell when I'm wearing Linea

Trusted Contributor

@Marlyn1, I agree 100%! Wish I could give you 10 ♥️!

Respected Contributor

I totally agree, @golding76. When I was just starting my career in Fortune 500 corporations, it was during the "dress for success" timeframe that author John Malloy popularized (in his book of the same name) when women were expected to dress like men to "fit in"--with a version of bowties, too! Some ladies here may remember those days...Well, my favorite store was Bloomingdale's and my go-to line that kept me looking professional and pulled together was "Louis Dell Olio for Anne Klein." I still have an AK black suit from the 70's with LDO's name on the label.

How lucky are we to STILL have Louis design for us and keep us looking pulled together as our professional careers come to an end and we open a new chapter in our lives. It's a beautiful symmetry.

Respected Contributor

@golding76

I so agree! 

We are incredibly fortunate to have Louis and now after almost 20 years of buying Linea my husband knows enough that after being wowed by some Linea thing I am wearing he will say 'Linea?"  He has learned and he sees the looks and compliments I get when we are at events or just out and about.  

Today for the first time I wore the new leather and knit jacket  A297864 in Alabaster from last fall.  I had passed this by, rationalizing I did not need another jacket I would only wear a short time of the year. 

However, I ordered it in January after hearing the shocking news about Jac, wanting something that I thought would epitomize her well and would remind me of her when I wore it.  

I had tried it on for fit when it arrived but it has been hanging in my closet through the winter.  It is in the 40's now and sunny and no snow so put together an outfit for some fun shopping today at a nice department store.  I also wore the long flower and bead necklace in aqua J350152, the fish necklace in vertigris, and a Joan Rivers tassel necklace that is almost the same color as the fish - J332833. 

Under the jacket I wore a soft lightweight wool charcoal sweater, a loose tunic style just peeking out at the hem of the jacket with a perfect matching neckline to the jacket, black skinny jeans tucked into dark brown Marc Fisher equestrian boots.

One thing about Linea is you put it on, feel so comfortable and at ease, that you forget you look CHIC and FABULOUS!

I walked into the store, skirted the handbags to check the new Karl Lagerfeld ones, strolled over to cosmetics and was stopped immediately by the Chanel SA who told me how wonderful I looked, she loved the jacket and the necklaces!  

The Clinique SA actually yelped a bit over the fish....I did tell her and two others in line where to get it.

Many more compliments later I left in a haze of happy: happy that I have Linea and Louis makes me look not only great, but like myself.  I don't feel the clothes or jewelry wear me, they reflect my mood and my style so well instead.

We are SO lucky.  

And yes, I did think of Jac today as I wore that incredible jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing @golding76 it made me think about when I "stumbled" across Louis on the Q in the beginning I recognized his name and started watching and buying.    Oh how I loved and brought Anne Klein and Anne Klein II back in the day and his pieces continue to remind me those days when quality garments were made in low quantities too.