Honored Contributor

Not to Be Missed - Linea Whisper Knit Pull-On Skirt and Cropped Cardigan

When I ordered the new Whisper Knit skirt (A343131), I thought it would be my usual but always wonderful Whisper Knit skirt, like those I've ordered before.  Well, that detail Louis added down the back, the tubular trim that leads to a split, is a masterful touch.  Instant love!  I chose the regular length rather than the petite length because I do not care for a skirt above my knee, and the skirt falls at least one inch below the knee.

My second very pleasant surprise was the cropped cardigan (A343031).  Again, I was expecting something in the order of the jewel-toned Whisper Knit cardigans without the dips on the sides.  Well, the fit on this cardigan is divine.  I am certain that the flattering fit is not Goldie-specific.  Louis does do such beautiful designs.  Love the small side slits on the cardigan and the way it meets in the front, crossing the bodice area so elegantly.

Even if you do not have to go to an office or other formal employment place any longer, grab one of these sets (bought separately).  Wear it with boots, wearing it where you'd wear your pant outfits.   I chose the Port and went back for the Navy.  I am certain I will end up with all the cardigans. 

Not to be missed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Not to Be Missed - Linea Whisper Knit Pull-On Skirt and Cropped Cardigan

Separates are pieces that stand alone, and can be worn with other items of clothing you may already own…….When those separates pieces are all in the same fabric and color,  in this case the EVERY NEED RIB WHISPER KNIT, and can be worn together…..it’s a BONUS! There are THREE NEW WHISPER KNIT items coming to you……..a SHORT OPEN FRONT CARDIGAN, a SLEEVELESS MOCK NECK TUNIC, and a new PENCIL SKIRT.These three pieces add up to the “Layering Game”. Layering clothes is a tricky thing. It has to be well thought out, and the proportions have to be RIGHT……When layering a short piece over a longer piece….then over a bottom, the LENGTH and SHAPE of each piece must be precise. The fact that they are all in the same color helps a lot, and enables many women, who could find this challenging, a much easier way to wear it. On top of all that I will be offering a new CONTROL TOP TIGHT, A343938, in colors to complete the look, and give you that column of color…..Do NOT let these tights slip through your fingers!!!! They are ESSENTIAL to complete many looks that are still to come….Remember, you can wear these pieces as a complete outfit, or separate the pieces and wear them with other things…….I have tried to illustrate this by showing you the matching outfit on the left, and then separating the pieces using Ivory garments many of you have in your closets…..an ivory tank, skirt and pant…….Think of all the possibilities this one Navy Cardigan will afford you wearing it over all of the shirts, tops, tanks, and dresses, both long and short, you already own……This cardigan is the piece you are always looking for, but can never quite find the right one……This may solve many of you dressing problems…….I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT ALL THREE PIECE WILL BE OFFERED AT ONCE, but unfortunately that is not happening, so as they appear on different shows please remember that they are THREE COORDINATING PIECES. The MOCK NECK TUNIC will be the first to appear on my August 22nd, QVC2 1:00pm show. Even though the three pieces won’t be offered at this time I will be showing them all together so you can see them. All the pieces should be avail. this month and will probably be on my August 29th, 10am QVC1 show, but I’m not sure of that either?????………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

A343029, The SLEEVELESS MOCK NECK TUNIC, will be the first item of the trio to be sold on my August 22nd, 1:00pm QVC2 show……This is a great layering piece! I can think of so many jackets and cardigans, and outwear this will work under that, for me, it’s an essential……It is made in my MED. WEIGHT ENR WK as all the pieces are…..so it lays and skims over the body PERFECTLY….The tunic is approx. 28 inches long for the xxs. It has a PERFECT HEIGHT MOCK NECK……..not too high and not too low…….It has generous side slits, that due to the ENR, lay PERFECTLY. We made sure that the armhole was just right. If for some reason some of you find the armhole bigger then you would like…..consider this….If you are large on top it may be your bosom that is pushing the stretchy “ribbed knit” forward making the armhole look big…..just a thought…..We are always so careful when fitting sleeveless garments to make sure there is enough coverage for bras etc.

A343031, is the OPEN FRONT CARDIGAN, shown above in LINEA NAVY. It has long sleeves and a band that goes around the neck and down the front KIMONO style. There are no buttons or pockets. I wanted the cardigan to be CLEAN, and not conflict with any accessories you may choose……It is a blank canvass….Above, I have chosen the new “HARP” necklace. It is approx. 23 inches long for the XXS. It lays on the body beautifully and is very well balanced……….This is a must have piece, not only to complete the SOFT SUIT above, but it can take on double duty as the perfect cover up for so many pieces you already own. Think of ALL THE DRESSES [like the new WK dress, A343147/A343149, already getting GREAT REVIEWS] and tops, both printed and solid, that you could use a simple cardigan over. The length of this cardigan makes it perfect to wear over dresses with out being overwhelming, and not covering the entire dress. Over all of your sleeveless tops it’s a must have…..Of course over the longer Mock Neck sleeveless tunic it is a wonderfully MODERN look……The LINEA NAVY is the perfect year round cardigan………

A343131/A343133, is the new WK, ENR PENCIL SKIRT……a must have. The lengths will be approx. 25 inches for the Reg. This is a standard length for pencil skirts. All of my Anne Klein basic pencil skirts were always done at 25 inches. The PETITE skirt will be approx. 22 inches. Now, that isn’t to say a taller women can’t buy the shorter skirt and likewise the shorter woman can’t buy the longer skirt for two totally different looks. I know Jac would have bought the 22 inch skirt. That’s the length Jac liked, and had the legs to wear it. If you don’t have the legs….that is what the OPAQUE CONTROL TOP TIGHTS ARE FOR!!!…..So, you may ask what is different about this WK pencil from all the others? Really….NOTHING, except this time we are offering a petite length which I PUSHED FOR!!!!!!!!! This skirt does have a back slit created with two narrow tubular strips going down the back on either side of the slit to give it a nice finish and enough substance so it always lays smoothly. It is a subtle finish, one that I have used on long WK skirts, like the reorder coming. This is a detail you only find on more expensive garments because it is an extra step……..more labor, and uses more yarn, but IMHO well worth it. It’s a sign of QUALITY…………….The skirt will be avail in NAVY and PORT ONLY! I wanted more colors, but this is a TRIAL because of the petite length. If it sells well be sure that more colors will come…………………enjoy……………………………much Love………………………………..Louis

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

When I ordered the new Whisper Knit skirt (A343131), I thought it would be my usual but always wonderful Whisper Knit skirt, like those I've ordered before.  Well, that detail Louis added down the back, the tubular trim that leads to a split, is a masterful touch.  Instant love!  I chose the regular length rather than the petite length because I do not care for a skirt above my knee, and the skirt falls at least one inch below the knee.

Thanks, Goldie, for the great review.
I odered the Petite in Port and Navy but I was on the fence as to whether or not I should get the Petitie or Regular.  You have convinced me that I need to try the Regular, as I want the skirt AT the knee, not above it. I did get the matching tights, too.

I am also going to order the Cardigans in Port and Navy...the matching Tunics were also ordered.

Now the search will be on for the right Navy low boot or shootie---Navy is such a hard color to match in a shoe.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

@golding76  I was wondering about the sizing of the new cropped cardigan.  Do you have the long WK open cardigan/duster?  I checked the measurements of both and they are very similar.  I am thinking of ordering the smaller of my two regular WK sizes.  Your opinion??? TIA

KK

Honored Contributor

karlakaye,

I have the duster in the red shade.  The fit of the duster is similar to the fit of the cardigan, but I must admit a preference for the fit of the cropped cardigan.  My size is Large in both items.

Where the two sides come together in the cardigan is a bit higher than where they come together in the duster.  

Is there a reason you would prefer a smaller size in the cardigan?  My cardigan's fit was spot-on and I do not think I would prefer it smaller.  However, as a larger woman, I have larger upper arms to consider.   My opinion, very humbly given, is to stick with the same size you chose for the duster.  

Valued Contributor

@golding76  Oh thanks so much for the response.  It's just the info I needed.  I also have the red duster and it fits very nicely in the smaller of my two WK sizes (I ordered my regular size small first, and it was just too big in the shoulders and body). 

Thanks again for your very helpful review!!  I am looking forward to seeing Louis on his show tomorrow morning.

KK

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76

Thanks for the great review, Goldie. I ordered the tunic & cardigan in grey, because I wanted to tryout the fit. My concern was the "short" cardigan and I'm not a fan of the kimono style. So, it was a relief to hear you say that the fit is entirely different from the cardigans done previously. I know the tunic will fit perfectly and I already have the vintage midi skirt in grey. Now, I'd better order the navy and black.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 I always enjoy reading your reviews!  So glad you love the cropped cardigan - I ordered all colours (and the matching mock neck tunics).  Sometimes I prefer a shorter cardigan.  I wear Whisper Knit year round.  The temps here are still in the high 80’s - but everywhere you go the A/C is on high.   I would have liked the Port and Navy WK skirt but A343131 is too short for me.  Am waiting for the longer version A297627 re-order to get posted in HCG - and new colours Black and Dark Forest Green (this skirt has the same back vent detail).

Respected Contributor

@Seka wrote:

Am waiting for the longer version A297627 re-order to get posted in HCG - and new colours Black and Dark Forest Green (this skirt has the same back vent detail).

I am also waiting for Dark Forest in the longer skirt.  I need to add more color to wardrobe as I wear Black way too much---although it looks good with my complexion. I had to pass on the Big Deal as the sleeves were too long for my Petite arms.  Does anyone know what other WK Tops might be coming on Dark Forest? I'm going to need something to make a column of color and be a backdrop for Louis' jewelry.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@golding76

Thanks for the great review, Goldie. I ordered the tunic & cardigan in grey, because I wanted to tryout the fit. My concern was the "short" cardigan and I'm not a fan of the kimono style. So, it was a relief to hear you say that the fit is entirely different from the cardigans done previously. I know the tunic will fit perfectly and I already have the vintage midi skirt in grey. Now, I'd better order the navy and black.

I really need to pull out ALL my Whisper Knits and catalog exactly what I have and see what else I need to fill in gaps in the WK wardrobe.  I think I might have the Grey Midi, but I am not sure. I know I have almost 2 dozen WK T-necks and yet I did not wear a single one last Winter---not good.

I admire you gals who are so organized!