Respected Contributor

No Video of the Leather Jacket

I missed the presentation, was hoping to see a video.  I already ordered my jackets, but I do like to see how Louis styles them.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Re: No Video of the Leather Jacket

[ Edited ]

It was just presented, so it should be loaded soon, although it did sell out with some sizes on waitlist.  He showed the wine with the wine ponte pant, the wine turtleneck and the india pendant.  He showed the black with the new dress and the shiny black bar jewelry.  Alabaster wa shown with black pant and alabaster ss sweater with the brown spirit necklace.

Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

I missed the presentation, was hoping to see a video.  I already ordered my jackets, but I do like to see how Louis styles them.

Good Morning Sheesh!

Great things are worth waiting for, aren't they!  The leather jacket was just presented a few minutes ago, so the video won't be posted yet.  Like you, I ordered mine already, but wanted to see the actual presentation for styling tips.  I missed out on the reefer coats yesterday, and wasn't about to miss out on this leather beauty.....ordered the alabaster and black.

PS  Your flying nun comment about the trumpet sleeve blouse made me laugh out loud when I read it during the night Smiley Wink  

Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Maxine49 The video is available  in case you haven't  noticed yet. What a good looking jacket. It showed  very  nicely  on air. I wish I could justify a purchase. I have  many black  leather  or suede pieces, alot of magnificent  vintage Linea hangs in my closet. Then I  pulled out this, A218571 in Aubergine,which matches beautifully  with the Wine pant A268216. The knit in the jacket is identical  in color. The suede being suede has a little  hi low shading yet looks  fab. Do you remember  this...Screenshot_2017-10-21-09-54-23-1.png

Esteemed Contributor

I slept in late for a change this morning and when I turned on the t.v Louis and Leah looking stunning was presenting the leather jacket and it looked so yummy on her I ordered the black!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Maxine49 The video is available  in case you haven't  noticed yet. What a good looking jacket. It showed  very  nicely  on air. I wish I could justify a purchase. I have  many black  leather  or suede pieces, alot of magnificent  vintage Linea hangs in my closet. Then I  pulled out this, A218571 in Aubergine,which matches beautifully  with the Wine pant A268216. The knit in the jacket is identical  in color. The suede being suede has a little  hi low shading yet looks  fab. Do you remember  this...Screenshot_2017-10-21-09-54-23-1.png

Yes, I have that same jacket in Black Suede.  I also have the Black Suede Blazer type jacet with knit seeves and bright gold buttons.  Finally, I have the Black Leather Moto Jacket.  However, I still ordered the new Black Leather Jacket and also in Wine.

I don't have the Leather Jackets with Knoi sleeves from a few years ago--I think they were done two years in a row---as everytime I ordered one, I had an issue with the leather---for example--one side of the front was sturdy and smooth and the other was thin and wrinkled--and I don't mean wrinkles that can come out---so for those reasons, I had to return each of those jackets. Therefore, I have "room" in my wardrobe for these new jackets. I think they are going to be divine and I'll get a lot of use out of them.

Here in Massachusetts, even in the very cold weather, I often just wear a jacket as the going from a warm house, to a warm car to another warm place, with little time outside, does not often warrant a heavy coat.

Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I slept in late for a change this morning and when I turned on the t.v Louis and Leah looking stunning was presenting the leather jacket and it looked so yummy on her I ordered the black!

I finally saw the video and I thought Leah needed to go up a size as it didn't fit properly in the shoulders or the bustline---in the close ups the leather was pulling a lot.  But the color was great on her.

Also, the model wearing the Alabaster needed to go up a size as she had about a 6-8 inch gap in the front.

Of course the other two models were absolute perfection, as always!

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS

I was getting ready to donate that aubergine suede jacket when I noticed that it matched the wine pants.  Always difficult to wear suede here in the PNW.

Respected Contributor

I thought the color looked great on Leah but the jacket was too tight on her.  I wouldn't want it to look that way on me. 

Things like this might cause wrong sizes to be ordered?  I would say, oh wow, her normal size looks way too tight, so would mine, so I'll size up, then get the jacket and have it swimming on me.  And then return it....and none left in the correct size.

I also thought the alabaster one was too small on that model.  This isn't just now and then, this fit issue on the models and hosts is a constant issue.  I mostly go by my experience, the sizing chart, the style of the garment and a hunch and go from there!  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne

I think I'll start a separate  thread on this. Many may not realize that the Aubergine and the wine match.

Aren't  you glad you didn't  donate that suede jacket now!