Honored Contributor

Re: Nina McLemore Jackets and Linea Faux Shantung Jacket

I really think numerical sizing is annoying! Many of us do end up having to purchase so we can see which one looks the best. Letter sizing is more forgiving IMO. 

Maybe it’s part of QVC’s secret plan to make money on our S & H fees both coming & leaving us!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Re: Nina McLemore Jackets and Linea Faux Shantung Jacket

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I think one of the important things they base there decisions on is returns. It costs them a lot to reprocess returns and those costs can determin whether a garment gets reordered or not. I have been reading that quite a few bought the jackets in different sizes and will return the ones they don't want. This is their perogative, but in the end it could cause the jacket not to be reordered. Let's hope that not too many will get returned. I received my pink and lime and LOVE them. I would love this jacket in many other bright summery colors. 

As I retired several years ago I don't wear the more dressy items daily, but I still enjoy buying Linea and do wear Linea most days.  In the past I may have bought several colors when it first aired: now I usually buy only my most preferred color.  Then if I really really love the fit and design so much I will then order another color.

When I am unsure about the sizing I buy two sizes as I did in the pink jacket and after trying them both on decide which is the better fit and return the lesser fit for another color so I avoid the return shipping fees. Yes I do risk not getting another color but I now know which size is better for me. But I am content that I got my most preferred color in my correct size. And I know there are lots more beautiful pieces from Linea in the future. IF I ordered two that were incorrect sizes it takes forever to do the exchange process so I end up ordering to try to get one in the correct size and paying return shipping for two items.

I liked the fit of the size 6 in this jacket better than the 4 in the pink since there wasn't any stretch across the back. I will keep the pink in my correct size and I will do the exchange process to swap the size 4 pink for the blue or the lime in size 6. I like all three colors in this jacket.