Honored Contributor

New to Whisper knit - help please!

I'm looking at Louis WK tank (link below) and I wonder how much stretch this fabric has and if this tank is kinda low cut.

I have a scar on my chest from kidney dialysis and I'm self-consious if it shows in a low cut top.

Also, I usually wear an XS in his line, but it this fabric has some stretch, I may need an XXS.

I'm 5'3" and 110 lbs. Thanks for any advice!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New to Whisper knit - help please!

ITem number please.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

Duh! I'm sorry! I forgot the link!

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Whisper-Knit-Full-Needle-Tunic-Tank.product.A287609.html?...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

If you watch the Video - Louis talks about the stretch - and actually shows you how much it does stretch. I bought this Tank in the smaller of my two Linea sizes.
Respected Contributor

I would size down in this tank.  Most of the time I wear a medium in Linea sweaters, but I always size down to a small for the tanks.  One reason is the fact I do not want them low cut and they also fit better under other clothing.

Super Contributor

In my experience, any of the "full knit" or "every needle rib" (ENR) styles, the garment is very stretchy   I always size down on these. 

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I would size down in this tank.  Most of the time I wear a medium in Linea sweaters, but I always size down to a small for the tanks.  One reason is the fact I do not want them low cut and they also fit better under other clothing.

I agree about sizing down on this tank (or any other of LDO's tanks). There is plenty of give in this tank and don't find this to be low cut at all. I'm on the busty side and do not like to show any cleavage at all ... this tank does not dip low. Yay!

I got this tank in all 3 colors and would recommend it to anyone. I've even worn it as a long 'vest' with a white collared shirt underneath. The gauge is heavy enough to not show the buttons thru the knit. (at least in the black). But I don't mean to imply it's heavy in terms of being a winter sweater...ie., to hold in heat. Just mean it's not a flimsy gauge.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom

1. Speaking for myself. I held both xs and small until I could see the tunic modeled on air. I carry my weight in my thighs and didn't want this to be too tight, which is so unflattering. You can see on the video the ease in the cut/style. Ordered all three in xs and am most pleased. Not too tight or hugging in the wrong places. Very clean and smart on. But I do love vests and long tunics styles. Do check the armhole height and your across the back shoulder measurements, compare to the click here measurements. I would guess you're an xxs but Don't know if you have small shoulders or even if you plan to wear this with or without a blouse underneath. Unless I learn a wk garment runs large or small, I stick with my usual XS size. You will love this tunic. 
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom
I'm 5'5" and about 120# and I take an XXS so that's what I'd recommend for you.