Trusted Contributor

Thanks!  Very helpful.

Respected Contributor

Re: New jacket has landed!

[ Edited ]

I just received mine. Wow. As always, Louis pays attention to the details. I got the navy in an XS. I'm sometimes an XXS, so I was unsure which size to get. While it would be nice to be able to compare sizes, I didn't want the hassle of having to return one so I took a chance in the XS. I think if you are between sizes, size up. In not saying everyone should size up, just if you're in between.

I love the shape and length of this jacket. Sleeves are perfect. If you're on the fence, get it!

Honored Contributor

I just received mine in Large.  It was more generous than I realized it would be, so if ordering, be sure to check and re-check the measurements.  I plan to exchange it for a smaller size.

The attention to detail is fabulous.  Did anyone notice the angle of the top buttonhole?  Brilliant.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I received the trench jacket in navy.  Love it and I am sure I will get a lot of use out of it.  I am going to have to take it to tailor as the sleeves are too short.  

Respected Contributor

I received mine today in white, my regular XL which fits perfectly.  I ordered it after reading your comments here and the reviews, shopped locally for something similar, and realized I had better try this before it was gone!

It's really a fabulous jacket.  Almost every white jacket I have tried did not work out as it made me look like a lab tech, dentist, etc.  This is definitely a trench with great details like the adjustable buckled belt on sleeves, epaulets, yoke, trench flap, double breasted front, and geat collar band so it stays up and gives attitude!

The fabric is a nice heavy twill and it is lined.  I found nothing at all to compare with this in style and quality in the stores.  One of the best features for my figure is the longer back, curved/faced hemline that hangs so beautifully and keeps it slim looking and not billowy.  The pleat in the back gives extra ease, so it's going to be great for my everyday lifestyle.

Love it; great designer details and cut, great quality.  

Respected Contributor

Re: New jacket has landed!

[ Edited ]

I also received my white jacket a couple of weeks ago and loved it so much, I went back for the navy. I'm usually not a fan of a silhouette like this one, favoring the pea coat and trench coat for my tall frame, but this fits so beautifully (not billowy) & the fabric is substantive. In person, and given all the features mentioned by others, it looks like a coat that should have a MUCH higher price tag. Now, I'm talking myself out of the red...

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO

I was looking in my closet the other day and I have seven navy blue jackets - Yikes!

Respected Contributor

I ordered white, but much preferred the navy....but, I have a cat who is predominantly white with honey splotches, and navy cotton is a disaster trying to keep de-furred!  But wow navy is perfection in a modern classic, and have to say I am thrilled with the white one and that it is washable.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@GraceCO

I was looking in my closet the other day and I have seven navy blue jackets - Yikes!

@DiAnne Oh, I can relate totally! Navy is one of our colors, right? I love it year round, but there's nothing quite like it in the Spring.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I just received mine in Large.  It was more generous than I realized it would be, so if ordering, be sure to check and re-check the measurements.  I plan to exchange it for a smaller size.

The attention to detail is fabulous.  Did anyone notice the angle of the top buttonhole?  Brilliant.

Today I received the navy jacket in the medium.  I took the chance it would be available by not directly ordering a replacement but letting it be returned and exchanged.  Luckily, all went well.

The fit is just fine in medium.  There is enough wearing ease and it still drapes well, but is not overly large.  The sleeves are good, also.  On the large, they were much too long.

Just a great jacket all around.  I wore it all afternoon and I wasn't even going anywhere.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.