Frequent Contributor

I ordered the exotic hoop earrings on Oct 25th and they shipped yesterday!

Super Contributor

Where are the classics? I ordered them last week - in process, backorder, finally cancelled...

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the Classics on 10/18 and my order was cancelled on 10/25. I reached out to corporate and spoke to someone on Friday (10/26). She is contacting the buyer to investigate what happened; there may have been an issue with passing quality control or not all inventory being delivered. She is supposed to get back to me on Monday. 

When I saw the exotics become available again on Friday I ordered (they are still in processing) because I'm not confident we'll ever see the Classics. 

I'll post again if/when I hear back from corporate. 

Valued Contributor

I ordered both on 10/18 and it shipped on 10/24, but it has not left the warehouse, no movement yet. no tracking. So it is stuck!. So will reorder when it becomes available again. Already spoke to CS and Corp. 

Frequent Contributor

Hi Everyone! I purchasedt the exotic set and as others have reported, two of the pairs just look "scratched", they are far from an "oxidized" finish. I am sending them back. I also heard back from Corporate, multiple times, and the final communication was that the "classic" set (which is what I originally contacted them about) would have more inventory coming in December. The woman from Corporate was truly trying to be helpful, but she was not getting accurate information. I responded and told her that clearly the "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at QVC" as the classic hoops are listed as in stock on the website. I also told her I would be sending back the exotics and explained why, as well as expressing that I wish this wouldn't count against Louis's returns because this is a manufacturer mistake, not his. 

Valued Contributor

The 2 sets that I ordered orginally said it shipped but I never got them so they are refunding my credit card that was charged. After all the talk about the exotic set, I just ordered the classic set again.

Honored Contributor

I had ordered both sets when they first showed up; went to processing then backordered. Via the forum, they popped up again and I ordered both sets again; they shipped the next day, arrived last week and I wrote my review on this forum- I sent back the Exotic set last week.

Today, I received 2 letters from QVC, both identical except for the item listed in the letter: one being Classic, one being Exotic. Apparently, my orders have been cancelled.  After I cancelled them with CS. After I then ordered two new sets. And received them. Ah...ok.

A cancelled letter almost a month letter about already cancelled items. *insert eye roll*

Valued Contributor

I thought I really wanted both sets of earrings -  pierced.  Then one day the classic set showed up online but no exoitic set.  I immediately purchased the classic set and amazingly it shipped right away and I have them.  Very pleased with the classic set so prepared to stalk for the exotic.  Then I began reading the posts of several  - including GraceCo as I recall - about the scratches on the finish and about the dullness of the items and how the hematite looked almost exactly like the shiny black in the classic set.  So I gave up interest in the exotics.  I very much like the shape, and the shine of the classics.  And I'm getting a lot of wear from the earrings I purchased in either Inca or maybe it was Mayan Smiley Happy sets.  I can no longer remember the names of all his beautiful and unique sets.  My one reservation on the classic set is that they do not all close with the same snugness.  The chocolate - kind of coppery looking pair - does not have a tight spring as do the other 3 pairs.  I can still work with that but as I examined the sets, I sure began to hope that those posts are soldered on tightly.  I've had earrings - not Louis's - have this kind of post just snap off the earring.  If that happens the pair will definitely be throw aways.  I wouldn't even bother to send them off to Louis's jewelry repair address.

Respected Contributor

Re: New hoop earrings

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl wrote:

I thought I really wanted both sets of earrings -  pierced.  Then one day the classic set showed up online but no exoitic set.  I immediately purchased the classic set and amazingly it shipped right away and I have them.  Very pleased with the classic set so prepared to stalk for the exotic.  Then I began reading the posts of several  - including GraceCo as I recall - about the scratches on the finish and about the dullness of the items and how the hematite looked almost exactly like the shiny black in the classic set.  So I gave up interest in the exotics.  I very much like the shape, and the shine of the classics.  And I'm getting a lot of wear from the earrings I purchased in either Inca or maybe it was Mayan Smiley Happy sets.  I can no longer remember the names of all his beautiful and unique sets.  My one reservation on the classic set is that they do not all close with the same snugness.  The chocolate - kind of coppery looking pair - does not have a tight spring as do the other 3 pairs.  I can still work with that but as I examined the sets, I sure began to hope that those posts are soldered on tightly.  I've had earrings - not Louis's - have this kind of post just snap off the earring.  If that happens the pair will definitely be throw aways.  I wouldn't even bother to send them off to Louis's jewelry repair address.

@TheOwl

There are just a few of us who got exotic finishes that were "off." If you read the reviews, you'll see mostly happy customers. I'm exchanging my earrings for another exotic set, because QVC sent me the wrong backs & I need these to match other Linea pieces. I understand your hesitation, but if you want them, try them before they're sold out.

Valued Contributor

Thanks GraceCo!  Got there too late and they now show as the exotics being sold out.  That's a tough one if they were saving them for December shows as gift giving.  I love the goldtone ox , and silvertone ox earrings I already have coming from various of Louis' necklace and earring sets.  I wear them without the necklaces a lot.  Love the way Louis so often includes earrings with his various necklace sets.  Thank for the heads up though!!!