Esteemed Contributor

Only the mochaccino and ivory are left.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New gauze dress

[ Edited ]

What a great dress! I find it to be super flattering on and offers alot of versatility. A big hat, straw bag and sandals or a dressy necklace and shoes for that special occasion. This dress can span it all. I find it to be very slimming and at 5'2" I like the length, it's perfect. Rec'd it in Moccachino, the pleasant neutral cocoa brown that is even nicer in person. I'm going back for another color (or two!) and see myself wearing this more casually during the summer. This dress really wowed me when I put it on.

P.S. I know I'm a bit late to the game here, yet can't contain my enthusiasm over this dress!

Anyone else still luvin' this too?

Any particular comments on the black or white? Both classic in this style but would love to hear from an owner or two... I think I'm looking for some early morning enabling with my coffee, please.☕👗☕

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS- I am glad that you were able to get the dress before it was gone I also ordered the same color and am waiting for the ivory.   I love the way you plan to wear it and so will I because it's totally versatile.  I'm 5'5 and also absolutely love the length.  Enjoying my coffee this morning as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 

Looks like some  more broken sizes and colors have popped back into stock this evening.

I did order the black and ivory which are languishing "in process."  No recourse, just waiting and waiting and.....

Please let me know how you like your ivory when it arrives.  It was hard to make a color choice. I thought I saw comments on Louis' blog about this, Ivory as being a sleeper color. 

Remember the lace jackets with the taupey gingham and linen trim.... nice with this dress. Compliments the Moccachino color nicely. Certainly can't be bad with any of the colors, especially for those who don't like their upper arms exposed or just as a wrap if it's cool. I'm shopping my closet. I've enjoyed collecting vintage pieces on eBay and I'm having a little party. Come on over! 

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS- it's funny because I hardly wore ivory or white but I had a friend my shopping sister for over twenty five years, she passed away but wore ivory and or white a lot and I always admired how fresh and nice it looked on her now I love wearing that color and own a lot of ivory and white.

Thanks for the tip about the lace jackets!  I own the ivory, white and black I will look at them together later and hopefully my ivory dress will arrive soon.

Shopping my closets!

Super Contributor

I am in the minority here, sadly, but this dress did not do a thing for me...I'm 5'6" and 140 lbs...shortish legs and long torso...my hips are sort of "square" and I have to be careful that I don't look dumpy and "wide"...this dress is very pretty but was too long on me (easy fix) - made me look very wide from waist down...I got the small and it also would have had to have the shoulders taken up as it "gapped" at the armhole...

I wanted to love it but...I have high hopes for the chemise, although I think I might have to have it shortened...ordered in black and terra cotta so we shall see...

Honored Contributor

Thankfully! Reviews matter and helpful. Several ladies said this style wasn't flattering. Plus wrinkles alot. Easy pass! Thank you.