Esteemed Contributor

New WK Tank Fit Question

[ Edited ]

I just received A307363, the new V neck WK tank with the waist whittling rib detail. In trying this on I notice a strange fold like an elongated pucker in the under arm area. It starts behind the seam that joins the front and back and folds forward toward the center bust. When I lift my arms it's gone but very apparent when in a normal position. My xs size is correct, going up or down wouldn't fit properly. Any body else having this issue?

I had noticed in a photo posted by Jennifer of the Big Deal Boho that Katia (I believe that is her name) who was wearing the white tank, appeared to have a lot of extra fabric in the armhole area, both above, around the strap area and below. My thoughts were how very thin she is and the fit was off. I didn't notice this on anybody else in the photo or on air. I own other sleeveless WK's and they fit fine. Is it me? My bra? Or have any of you experienced this odd gaping?  Of course colors and sizes have virtually sold out so an exchange does not seem likely at this time. I do have another color coming and two others are backordered. Please share if you have received this WK tank. Much thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: New WK Tank Fit Question

Uh oh. I received mine yesterday but haven’t tried them on yet. Once I do, I’ll report back.
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

Yes, the underarm area in mine is off, large dog-ear of fabric and it looks sloppy. 

I wouldn't be wearing it alone, only under a light cardi or jacket, but the see-through ivory color in this lighter weight WK shows waistband details too much, and it just doesn't fit me as well as do the original WW sweaters which I still wear all the time.  I am returning this one.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @crazycockermom.

I did rewatch the video and you can see a bit of what I'm talking about on Kate, wearing the white top. When she has her hand on her hip this "fold" is visible, although to a lesser degree than it is on me.

Honored Contributor

I saw that on Kate too, the armhole was a little oversized & you could see top of the side of her bra. I will have to check mine for what you describe, but I don’t remember seeing any floppies at armhole on my top. DH is still sleeping so I won’t disturb him.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @author, your "dog ear" description of this fold is spot on. It does look very odd on, I agree. I have the green here and the opacity does not show the waistband details. I should receive the fuchsia today and will see if this armhole business is the same. I hope not, yet have a sneaking suspicion it'll be the same regardless of color. This is so odd and the first I've experienced with a sleeveless WK. I'd like to wear this on its own but will shop my closet for lightweight options to pair with this. I tried raising the shoulder seam hoping to elimate the gaping but that didn't work either. Hmmm, disappointing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I look at armhole, chest, and shoulder measurements, and can rule out 99.99% of all the sleeveless offerings on qvc...it's very individual

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS, I just tried on the Small size tank & I am not finding any underarm floppiness of the tank. I’m not overly busty either (38B).

It fits fine. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

That is good to hear @JustJazzmom. There's hope that my other colors will fit fine. My fuchsia was delivered today but the torrential rain here has kept me inside. I appreciate your coming back and sharing your fit info. Have a great weekend and Mothers Day too♡♡♡

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually wear a L in whisper knit, but XL in most of Louis' other tops.  I ordered both the XL and the L in the tank,since the specs weren't quite the same as some of the other whisper knit tops I own.  The XL did have that weird gap/fold, but the L fits fine with no gap.  So, sticking with my usual whisper knit size of L worked for me.