Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Ribbed Sweater Up for Order

@GraceCO

Thank you kindly, Ms Grace! 

Just saying it as I see it, no, as I wear it lol. Hopefully I can give back or pay forward the many wonderful comments shared on this forum! My Thanks to all of you♡

Contributor

I received my camel and burnt orange sweaters yesterday in my usual size medium. I couldn't wait to try them on and when I did, I discovered they are too big. According to the "click here" measurements, the medium chest should be 40.5"; the measurements on both my sweaters is 44", 1/2" larger than the measurement for a size large. The arms are about 6" too long (and I have long arms) and way too wide. Sadly, I'm returning them today.

The colors are gorgeous, the quality is superb and they would be workhorses in the fall and winter wardrobe, so I really want to re-order but I'm not sure what size will actually fit. Decisions, decisions! 

Honored Contributor

@MareZ wrote:

I received my camel and burnt orange sweaters yesterday in my usual size medium. I couldn't wait to try them on and when I did, I discovered they are too big. According to the "click here" measurements, the medium chest should be 40.5"; the measurements on both my sweaters is 44", 1/2" larger than the measurement for a size large. The arms are about 6" too long (and I have long arms) and way too wide. Sadly, I'm returning them today.

The colors are gorgeous, the quality is superb and they would be workhorses in the fall and winter wardrobe, so I really want to re-order but I'm not sure what size will actually fit. Decisions, decisions! 

Send it back on Q's dime Mark as 'Defective' with a note on the plastic bag and on the garment. And reorder again a Medium.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

JustJazzmom, thank you for your quick reply. I called customer service last night and they're waiving return s/h and I marked the bag "defective" in hopes that no one else receives the items. I'll take your advice and reorder in a size medium with fingers crossed that they fit.

Honored Contributor

@MareZ wrote:

JustJazzmom, thank you for your quick reply. I called customer service last night and they're waiving return s/h and I marked the bag "defective" in hopes that no one else receives the items. I'll take your advice and reorder in a size medium with fingers crossed that they fit.

I don!t know if you have read entire thread, but I encountered the same problem with a Small camel that measured out as a Medium. My replacement was a true Small. It happens....

Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@MareZ wrote:

Send it back on Q's dime Mark as 'Defective' with a note on the plastic bag and on the garment. And reorder again a Medium.

I thought I'd let you know that I received my second set of Medium sweaters and sadly they, too, are huge. Chest measurements were 46" and 45" respectively and the sleeves were too wide and too long. So I've labeled them "defective" and will return them today without being charged s/h. As much as I love this sweater and the colors, I think I'm done with this particular item. It happens!

Honored Contributor

What a shame! When it happens twice, C/S can e mail the warehouse to do a 'manual pull' -- they call it and actually measure for a correctly labeled garment. I'm putting this out here for anyone this has happened to who really 'can't live without it'! 

Raising hand here-- been guilty of this more than once or twice! (Insert red face here!) 😦☹️

Trusted Contributor

thanks JJM, I may try this.  It seems like a lot of people had this sizing problem, which is too bad if returns "count" against the possibility of a reorder.  I'm still thinking about the orange...or the camel....

Respected Contributor

Love the look of the sweater, and the colors are fabulous. I'm just concerned about the 40% acrylic. Acrylic stretches out so badly, and it sounds like these sweaters already run large.

I know the acrylic makes the product soft, but the stretching is such a problem. The products seem to "grow" even while you are wearing them. Guess I'll pass on this one.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli