Frequent Contributor

My navy just arrived -- what a gorgeous coat!  I've already waitlisted for the burgundy...hope there aren't too many returns, but one in my size would be nice!  Smiley Happy

Based on the click here measurements my regular Linea size would have fit, but I decided to size up to be able to wear sweaters underneath.  I'm glad I did that because I have broad shoulders and the larger size is perfect... I actually think my regular size would have felt too tight.  

As others of you have said the fabric Louis chose for this coat is fabulous....if anyone is on the fence.. GO!

Contributor

I'll sing the same praises as everyone else! But, for me, I should have stayed with my regular Linea size instead of sizing up. Sure hope that waitlist comes through! BTW, DiAnne, I too have long arms, and they were PLENTY long enough, even after cinching. Beautiful coat.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Linea trench

[ Edited ]

I am absolutely stunned by this coat!!  You all were right to be so enthusiastic about it, it's fabulous.  

If you want an authentic but wearable stylish trench coat, this is it.  I can so easily picture it at an upscale department store for thousands, it is that good.  The weight of it is a surprise, so heavy and luxurious, but when on it feels just right.  I will get a lot of use out of this coat this fall/winter.

I got the olive and it is really that perfect army/military dark khaki, gorgeous, and the black updates it and adds some flair for us women.  Really gambled and ordered the smaller of my two choices, size 18, as I usually wear an XL,and I was worried about the slim cut, but it fits me to perfection, couldn't fit any better.  I couldn't wear a blazer under it, but I didn't get it for that sort of wear.  Any larger and the top would have been sloppy and sleeves too long.  

It's a nice, neat and tidy fit through the shoulders, and the length hits me just below my knees and I am 5'4" and short waisted.  Even the sleeves are not too long for me as is the case most of the time.

I imagine the navy and merlot colors are just as gorgeous.  I can't believe we have this coat here at QVC for this ridiculously low price; last spring I couldn't even find a simple rain coat for that amount much less anything like this, and I looked!

Thank you Louis, we love your talent, and your ability to create something that is so wonderful for us.

Valued Contributor

@breee wrote:

@JustJazzmom

@I will compare the measurements with my pinstripe jacket when I return.  Oh, I am going to lunch with my mother.  She just phoned me to say she was enroute.  This was the only day I could schedule her for lunch this week, but she went to her hairdresser this morning @9:00.  It is now almost 1:00. I am too hungry to focus on measurements.  And I have already had a snack!

It looks like the measurements for the size 6 in the new trench coat were close to the pinstripe jacket measurement in size 6.  In fact the new trench is just a little bigger in that same size, so I should probably have ordered the same size.  But in comparing the measurements of size 6 and size 8 for the trench coat there is only 1/4" difference in most of the measurements, exceptions being chest areas and sweep.  I hope it fits okay. 

I have a book study beginning tonight.  I hope it arrives before I must leave! 

Trusted Contributor

PERFECTION!!!  This trench is absolute perfection!!!  Now I want Louis to offer us a long trench with button out lining and button off hood for even colder weather.  What a WOW that would be!

I bought the larger of my two possible sizes, a 12.  I also have the 10 in the pinstripe jacket, an excellent fit for me.  But I don't like feeling constrained in any way in outerwear, and the 12 is the perfect fit for me.  I *can* put a suit jacket under it but will likely wear it with my WK, Posh Knit, and Cashmere sweaters.  I have a beautiful challis weight wool tapestry scarf I bought in Vienna, Austria that is great positioned under an epaulet.  No rifles for me!  With a wool beret and leather gloves with the scarf, I will likely be able to wear my gorgeous trench until just before the the coldest winter weather hits here.  I got the gorgeous burgundy.

The fabric is just the perfect weight for outerwear and looks MUCH more expensive than the modest price.  Construction is impeccable.

Valued Contributor

@barbara in Virginia wrote:

PERFECTION!!!  This trench is absolute perfection!!!  Now I want Louis to offer us a long trench with button out lining and button off hood for even colder weather.  What a WOW that would be!

I bought the larger of my two possible sizes, a 12.  I also have the 10 in the pinstripe jacket, an excellent fit for me.  But I don't like feeling constrained in any way in outerwear, and the 12 is the perfect fit for me.  I *can* put a suit jacket under it but will likely wear it with my WK, Posh Knit, and Cashmere sweaters.  I have a beautiful challis weight wool tapestry scarf I bought in Vienna, Austria that is great positioned under an epaulet.  No rifles for me!  With a wool beret and leather gloves with the scarf, I will likely be able to wear my gorgeous trench until just before the the coldest winter weather hits here.  I got the gorgeous burgundy.

The fabric is just the perfect weight for outerwear and looks MUCH more expensive than the modest price.  Construction is impeccable.

Hi Barbara, I'm a Barbara too, only I'm from New York!  Anyhow, I was concerned I had ordered the wrong size in my haste to allow for layering.  I am usually a Small in tops and and an 8 in pants.  I ordered the 12 at midnight before the presentation and I have been kicking myself ever since.  What was I thinking?  So that day I went on waitlist for the 10.   

I'm a green girl, so olive was the obvious choice for me.  I was away yesterday, when my trench arrived and today I tried it on.  Amazingly the 12 fit very comfortably, and did not look big on my shoulders. I am busty, (34 DDD) so maybe that is why the fit worked better than expected.I am also petite, so the sleeve length is long, but I can manage that with alterations.  The length is just at my knees. I'm very happy about that.  This a stunning coat in every way and heads will turn when worn. 

Can you explain how you will wear your paisley scarf?  Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

I got mine today and it's beautiful. The lining is sewn incorrectly in the back above the slit and it causes the coat to bunch up in that area. Of course my size in all colors is on waitlist. Need advise on how to fix it anyone?

Honored Contributor

Take it to a tailor or seamstress and ask what can be done.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I am not generously endowed, a mere B cup.  Your 12 would allow you a comfortable fit.

This is a rather long rectangular scarf and can actually be used as a shawl.  But it is very lightweight and gathers up easily, so fits right under the epaulet.  When positioned evenly, the finishing fringe goes exactly to the front and the back hems of the coat.  I like it pulled up on one side with the other end put through the second epaulet and then draped in the middle.  But I could pull it out of the epaulets and just worn around my neck under the collar like a regular scarf or muffler.

The colors are really pretty, and I bought it at Loden Plankl in Vienna, which specializes in traditional Austrian clothing.  The pattern is quite traditional, with very broad large paisleys and flowers in the very wide borders at both ends, terminating with fringe.  The background is black/very dark brown like the Linea Walnut, with the pattern in the burgundy of the coat, a lighter mauve, greens, and tans.  I love this scarf, and it changes the look of the coat completely!  I will likely wear it this way with riding boots with pants tucked in.

But will also wear it many, many other and more conventional ways. Love the versatility of Linea!

Valued Contributor

@barbara in Virginia wrote:

I am not generously endowed, a mere B cup.  Your 12 would allow you a comfortable fit.

This is a rather long rectangular scarf and can actually be used as a shawl.  But it is very lightweight and gathers up easily, so fits right under the epaulet.  When positioned evenly, the finishing fringe goes exactly to the front and the back hems of the coat.  I like it pulled up on one side with the other end put through the second epaulet and then draped in the middle.  But I could pull it out of the epaulets and just worn around my neck under the collar like a regular scarf or muffler.

The colors are really pretty, and I bought it at Loden Plankl in Vienna, which specializes in traditional Austrian clothing.  The pattern is quite traditional, with very broad large paisleys and flowers in the very wide borders at both ends, terminating with fringe.  The background is black/very dark brown like the Linea Walnut, with the pattern in the burgundy of the coat, a lighter mauve, greens, and tans.  I love this scarf, and it changes the look of the coat completely!  I will likely wear it this way with riding boots with pants tucked in.

But will also wear it many, many other and more conventional ways. Love the versatility of Linea!

Thank you so much for your explanation.  The scarf sounds beautiful and the look will be so chic.  Enjoy!