Frequent Contributor

Re: New Linea Leisure Tunic in Henley Style

JJM

How does it look opened with buttons.  I really like a more open neckline and he seems to have all higher necks this time.  Do buttons open to bra or where?

Is it jean friendly or one of the blues that never match anything?

Thanx

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

My two Henley Leisure tops arrived and both the blue and the moss are lovely! Princess seaming in front and back make for a slimming look. The heathering is not overdone either. The blue is NOT navy blue and looks strange above the Leisure navy pants. I was thinking black or the white would work with this blue. The sleeves are slightly long on me, but I usually pull up sleeves slightly. I do like the 'swing' look of the sweep edge.

It fits in my usual Linea Small and I wear a 36C bra.

The colors are depicted as shown on Louis' blog.

Thanks for describing!  My arms are long so I'm glad the sleeves are longer.  What is the material like?  How heavy is it?  Want the moss, but not if it would be too thick for fall in Florida.

Valued Contributor

I received mine in moss yesterday. First the good, love the color, beautiful and the shape is nice but it is not for me. I am a pear and the flare just emphasizes my hips even more and makes me look bigger, the top part fits nice but I hate how the bottom looks. Also, I really hate this material, it is heavy, almost feels like canvas (it is rather stiff, not soft). I am not sure what I was expecting but this not something I would wear and unfortunately, it is a return. I have rarely been disappointed in Linea and I realize not everything will work for everyone but this was not a keeper.

Respected Contributor

@rhinovodka wrote:

I received mine in moss yesterday. First the good, love the color, beautiful and the shape is nice but it is not for me. I am a pear and the flare just emphasizes my hips even more and makes me look bigger, the top part fits nice but I hate how the bottom looks. Also, I really hate this material, it is heavy, almost feels like canvas (it is rather stiff, not soft). I am not sure what I was expecting but this not something I would wear and unfortunately, it is a return. I have rarely been disappointed in Linea and I realize not everything will work for everyone but this was not a keeper.

Thank you for your honesty.  While the flare doesn't bother me, your description of the material does.  Not wanting something so heavy for Florida.  It's a bummer when something doesn't work.  I'm going to have to return the latest textured tops.  Love the style but it fit me funky.  And I tried 2 different sizes, meaning I'll have spent $12 in shipping for nothing.  On the other hand the textured dress did work.  Different strokes for different folks...

Honored Contributor

@nj2 wrote:

JJM

How does it look opened with buttons.  I really like a more open neckline and he seems to have all higher necks this time.  Do buttons open to bra or where?

Is it jean friendly or one of the blues that never match anything?

Thanx

No, the buttons do not open to the bra front. I think the blue is jean friendly not an exact match to denim blue. It might fall under the category of blues that never match anything. Later on today will try on with buttons opened.

Its a comfortable 77 degrees outside right now. But still too warm for L/S items.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@mjunkie wrote:

Thanks for describing!  My arms are long so I'm glad the sleeves are longer.  What is the material like?  How heavy is it?  Want the moss, but not if it would be too thick for fall in Florida.

The material is similar in heft to the original raglan sleeve tunics he did for this line.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mjunkie wrote:

The material is similar in heft to the original raglan sleeve tunics he did for this line.

I'm still kind of new to the line (well, been a  year since I became addicted to Louis's stuff).  So, do you mean the ones that just came out in merlot and violet? 

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@mjunkie wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mjunkie wrote:

I'm still kind of new to the line (well, been a  year since I became addicted to Louis's stuff).  So, do you mean the ones that just came out in merlot and violet? 

Thanks!

Yes!!!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mjunkie wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mjunkie wrote:

Thanks!

Yes!!!

Ok, thanks for responding!

Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

My two Henley Leisure tops arrived and both the blue and the moss are lovely! Princess seaming in front and back make for a slimming look. The heathering is not overdone either. The blue is NOT navy blue and looks strange above the Leisure navy pants. I was thinking black or the white would work with this blue. The sleeves are slightly long on me, but I usually pull up sleeves slightly. I do like the 'swing' look of the sweep edge.

It fits in my usual Linea Small and I wear a 36C bra.

The colors are depicted as shown on Louis' blog.

JJM, since you're on top of EVERYTHING Linea, do you know when the Henley top is going to be presented?  I try to read all of the posts (mostly YOURS) about show times and items to be presented, but didn't see anything about this top.  I really want to see it on the models before ordering.  If I missed it, please let me know.  Thanks!  

And I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting my teak asymmetrical hem WK tunic.  Ahhhh........, and that cinnamon is calling my name.  I see that will be presented EARLY tomorrow morning.