Frequent Contributor

New Linea Items on Louis' site

Louis posted some new gauze items on his website that I think everyone will love.  I don't know how to post the pictures here.

Valued Contributor

Re: New Linea Items on Louis' site

[ Edited ]

March, 2017

“THE GAUZE CREPE WRAP OVER TUNIC”

words

………………………..This is my “work sketch” which the pattern makers work from. All measurements are for the first sample before the first fittings…..then the true work begins!

THE TRUFFLE WRAP OVER TUNIC & PANT”

mardi10

………………………….A new color………………TRUFFLE…………..and TWO new styles…………The WRAP OVER TUNIC, A287611 and CROPPED TROUSER, A287614. They are made in my CREPE GAUZE, a fabric I absolutely love, and I know many of you do too. It’s soft….it’s light weight, and has wonderful drape and flow. The tunic top has a V-neckline that I think you will all like. It’s not too high or low…..it has a youthful look. The sleeves are 3/4 length. This is a semi-fitted top. There are BODY SEAMS, front and back, from the shoulder to the horizontal seam. You shouldn’t be very concerned where the horizontal seam hits on your body. It is actually above the waist, but a little higher or lower isn’t going to make any difference, so if you are short or long waisted it won’t matter…..The bottom “skirt” is what gives the top its’ newness. I call it a wrap over? It’s actually a “wrap over” with a slight asymmetrical bottom. Look at the two photos at the lower right and you will see exactly what I mean, The top layer hangs slightly lower at the wrap “point”…..giving the top a newness and edge….It breaks the “horizontal’ line at the hip which is a good thing…The length is approx. 28 1/2 inches for the xs…..If you own anything in this GAUZE CREPE….the sleeveless dress, the trouser or the sleeveless tunic with the chiffon border….you know how comfortable, and light this fabric is. It has a slight crepe texture, and looks very expensive…….Definitely a high end look……The Cropped pant has its’ own sneak peek…….The WOOD BEAD, Acrylic, and Metal bead necklace in the ALABASTER is coming in April……..The total look is CHIC and SOPHISTICATED……upscale and totally DESIGNER………………………………………………………………………………………….

………………………..enjoy……………….much Love…………………….Louis

“THE TRUFFLE CROP TROUSER PANT”

mardi11

…………………………….The TRUFFLE pieces make great separates. Worn with black is a BIG CITY LOOK………..The CROPPED TROUSER is coming in a reg. length [22 inch inseam], A287614….and a PETITE LENGTH, A287615, [not sure of the measurement]. It has an elastic waist, trouser pockets, and a single pleat front which gives the pant its’ drape. If you loved the Moss Crepe Gaucho, you will love this new cropped pant…….It is unlined so it really is weightless and MOVES beautifully…….I know there are those of you that this pant might not be for, but if you think of it as a skirt look, and not a pant you may understand the look more…….A Black tank, and the Black/Gunmetal/Gold Seed Bead necklace brings the Truffle and black together perfectly……The BLACK STAND COLLAR Shirt/Jacket is new, but more about that later!…………………………enjoy…………much Love………………………Louis

“THE NAVY WRAP OVER TUNIC & CROP TROUSER PANT”

mardi12

………………………A column of………NAVY………..can take you from the office to dinner to any special occasion………This is n outfit you can wear any time of year…..In the winter with navy LINEA BODY tights and heels, shoe boots or boots…….in the spring with wonderful sandals or strappy heels…Mules would also look very of the moment…….Navy is such a great color to accessorize…………Gold, Silver and Gunmetal all work, but add color for a WOW look……The Seed Bead necklace in the Tangerine [two necklaces above], is a show stopper. Add the Gold Bold Hoop, J288005 and the chain bracelets, J159966, which are now on LAST CLICKS…..They are more than worth the price…..Remember, if you ever have trouble with metal platting colors just let me know and my jewelry company will take care of it……..The company, as many of you can contest, is really great!……If you own the Coral watch……more orange than coral…..it’s the perfect compliment, and adds a wonderful extra something special to your outfit……….Remember, wear the top and pant as separates……..They both look great with white, ivory or grey……………………..

……………………………………….enjou…………….much Love……………………..Louis

“THE BLACK CROP TROUSER PANT”

mardi13

………………………..BLACK CREPE GAUZE…………………………….enough said…………………enjoy…………much Love…………………..Louis

“THE NAVY WRAP OVER TUNIC”

mardi9

…………………..The NAVY TOP, A287611……..looks great with the IVORY WK SKIRT, A273880. It really shows the bottom “wrap over” effect. Remember this wrap over detail is on the front skirt only………For my SILVER LOVERS, the Palm Leaf necklaces and earring look fabulous……a silver strappy heel and clutch and this outfit will take you anywhere……………………………………………….

…………………..enjoy………….much Love…………..Louis

“THE AQUAMARINE WRAP OVER TUNIC”

mardi7

…………………………….AQUAMARINE……………..another beautiful flattering color avail in the V-neck Wrap Over tunic. Wear it with black, navy, taupe, grey, ivory and white for a variety of looks……..The wonderful Etruscan necklaces are from my archives……..but you never know………………………………enjoy……………..much Love……………Louis

“THE PEACH PARFAIT WRAP OVER TUNIC”

mardi8

……………………..A new Pink………………….mix Pale Pink and Peach…..and you get PEACH PARFAIT….a very flattering color that gives you an instant blush……..The navy slim pant, A265615 is a natural with the Peach Parfait. The GREY slim pant gives a softer look…….A navy pencil skirt, either my Moss Crepe or WK will give you a dressier look…..appropriate for any occasion….The necklace is from my Anne Klein archives, but you never know…….It may show up on the Linea Jewelry line someday……Do you like it?………Spring is almost here……All of the special Spring occasions, like Easter, require something special to wear. This may be just the answer…………………………..enjoy………..much love…………….

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty, relaxed, summer in the city.

I can't deal with 3/4 sleeves, but I'm betting many will love this look.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I LOVE this top and want it in navy and aquamarine ASAP!!!

Any idea when it will be available to purchase???

TIA, Linea ladies...

Esteemed Contributor

His show is on the 20th. Betting it will pop up sometime this week in advance of that.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Looks like I will be saving some money this time.

Honored Contributor

For me, this is the quintessential Linea look.  I realize that for others it is an entirely different look (thinking boho chic, the tailored suits of yesteryear, etc., here).  

I'm stuck on this look.  It does not always come in components that flatter me, and I do try to work around this general look.  It's the one that makes me weak in the knees.  

As I have written before, Louis gathers several factions of Linea Ladies under his Linea umbrella.   

Respected Contributor

This has my name all over it. I also love the way the top looks with the slim pant, one of my favorites. I can certainly see me in the tank and truffle pant, maybe with the black safari shirt worn over it. This is definitely coming home to me. Now which color!

Esteemed Contributor

I love this top, but don't like any of the colors!  I could settle for the navy, but his navy might as well be black...saving money, but disappointed.  Hope the pebble crepe tunic(s?) come in better colors for me.  Wear these in good health, ladies.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

Looks like I will be saving some money this time.

@DiAnne

I'm debating on these pieces, even though it's a look I really love. The horizontal seam on the tunic concerns me, because it reminds me of A273867, which did not work for me. And, I have similar pants from Eileen Fisher.

Who knows...after spending many thousands of dollars last year on Linea, I may be saving money right along with you, DiAnne!