Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Lace Insert top review

@GraceCO- LOL I missed the story Louis told I caught the last few minutes.  I couldn't get a handle on the fit either but from the measurements I'll order my regular size from what I saw on the models the fit looks relaxed. 

I too have so many tops it's not funny that haven't been worn although I am on a mission to do so.

Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@GraceCO- LOL I missed the story Louis told I caught the last few minutes.  I couldn't get a handle on the fit either but from the measurements I'll order my regular size from what I saw on the models the fit looks relaxed. 

I too have so many tops it's not funny that haven't been worn although I am on a mission to do so.

Louis also wrote about the Paris story on his blog when he previewed the Lace Insert Tunic.  You can put in a search using the key word Paris or Perfectly Pink Tunic and it will come up!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@GraceCO 

Both my PP and Beige tanks went to advanced order when I ordered mine. PP went into process first, then the Beige followed a couple days later. Nothing shipped yet, including my lace tops. It would be nice to receive these before the 4th of July!

I'm curious how the Rose looks in real life. On air, this shade looked so orange, bright orange at that too. Obviously, extremely popular. I look forward to your comments. 

@rochelleS  

4th of July...too funny, Rochelle. Guess it's good for us to lower our expectations Smiley Wink

I'm also curious about the rose shade, which is why I took a chance and ordered it after the host said it was coral. Those lights on set really distort the colors, as we saw with the lime shantung jacket. Until you posted photos, it was hard to tell how bright it was. I'm hoping that's the case for the rose, which is looking orange under those lights!

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO 

Yes, those set lights can skew colors...did you end up ordering the Lime Shantung? Do tell! ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

I wrote a bunch about the lace top on the capri thread. Oops.

I thought in the presentation the pink looked rather pastel compared to what perfectly pink usually looks like. I hope I like it in person. Wish I’d gotten the antique rose which looked gorgeous on Courtney. I resisted it at first because I foolishly thought it’d be too similar to my lace top in nectar. Now it’s sold out in my size.

I also ordered the sage, my first choice, and am sure I’ll love it. This is a gorgeous and special piece, as Louis said. And a very reasonable price for what it is.
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

I didn't order the lime, since I just found I owned a lime shantung jacket/shirt from years ago! Cleaning out closets can be most revealing Smiley Wink Back of the closet and simply forgot about it. So, I'm holding at the turquoise and pink jackets.

Regular Contributor

Just a comment as I wait for my Cloud Blue Lace Insert top to be delivered..... I really don't know what to expect with the exact fit.  The models wore size 2, size 4, size 8 and size 18 (too tight as most of us could see).  So no help for me with sizing. 

I thought I had seen somewhere that size 12/14 was the most common women's size worn.  I wish I had seen that size modeled!!  I ordered a 14.

Just sayin.........

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the pink in the larger of my two sizes, and unfortunately, it is swimming on me.  I need the smaller (my usual) size, which is waitlisted now. I debated on sizing, but got the impression that a looser fit was better, so I sized up. Had I ordered according to the click here measurements, I would've been fine. I also ordered the rose in the larger size, so darn!! I get it today, so hoping it's cut smaller as fit does vary sometimes within a size. Fingers crossed.

I really love this top--it is very unique and wearable. The soft fabric with the beautiful lace insets is lovely. We say it a lot with Louis' designs, but this can be dressed up or down so easily. I was pleasantly surprised with how comfortable it is, unlike something that is too precious and fancy to wear everyday. I can't speak to the fit, but it looks great over the light khaki knit ankle pant A265615 and last year's linen ponte crops A302601. I don't like a short crop pant, but these pants work nicely with this pretty top. Just hoping I can get my size now!

Contributor

I received the pink (PP)lace inset top last week and loved it so took a chance on the sage I must say as it came today that its beyond beautiful just so soft and yummy ,I quandered about the size also so went with my large size of 14 (i like it to skim these hips ) i made a good choice as it fits and will look great over the beige capris i ordered but haven't received as yet maybe anyday now,fingers crossed,I think i will take a rest now from ordering. Glad Louis is not on til June!

Respected Contributor

I ordered the pearls in the sage and coral to go with the tops and they couldn't be more perfect. I tried jewelry I already owned but nothing looked quite right. Thank's to Louis he always makes it so easy for us to pull it together. They are beautiful pearls and the earring is special too.