Respected Contributor

Re: New Lace Insert top review

[ Edited ]

I think the 4 will work. I could have gone with the 4 too. Maybe I'll get a 4 in Pink and see which I like better. The 6 is roomy.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom  What are your thoughts about the top?  The fit?  The sage color?  

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@JustJazzmom  What are your thoughts about the top?  The fit?  The sage color?  

I like it and wore it yesterday with the alabaster pants (A265615) I had. I think the sage pants Louis recommended in his blog didn't look as good to my eyes as the alabaster pants. The sage is a lighter in color than the dill lace items. I think those who have the pale sand pants (A221851) it works well with too. I wore the top with the Venetian Ice dill jewelry which looked nice tripled on the front. 

The 10 size fits me well (38B bra) and I wore a pale sand tank below it until I get the beige one specifically for it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I'm so glad to hear the great reviews on this lovely top; I hesitated, resisted, didn't need yet one more top in my closet, then today watched the video of the presentation on PM Style w/Louis.

After hearing the story of the Paris boutique and Jac, seeing this gorgeous thing presented live on models, and looking at the unbelievable way the lace and fabric are put together, I did order the pink, then edited it to the Dill. 

I loved all the colors, and I gravitate towards pink, but feel the Dill might be a bit more practical for me, a bit less "lingerie".  We shall see.  I can always exchange it....ha.

Now the waiting begins......

Esteemed Contributor

@author- ditto to what you wrote.  I too hesitated first because of the numeric sizing then I saw the rose color during the presentation which is sold out in my size.  Watching the presentation blew my mind though it was such a beautiful top.  I may get the perfectly pink I thought about that on it's own or under my perfectly pink cardigan.

I am still deciding if I am going to get it.

Honored Contributor

I own the sage & now ordered the pink with the matching tank. I figure that it can be worn with navy or black bottoms.

Respected Contributor

I am so discombobulated I don't even know the color name!  Sage?  Dill?  Anyway, the green, which just spoke to me as I watched the models.  I do love the pink and may get that later if still available.  Can't wait to examine this fabric w/lace woven in, and hope as usual I chose the right size.  And that it arrives sooner than maybe two weeks?

Honored Contributor

@author  It is a lovely unique piece. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm right there with you @author  and @Luvitorleaveit1 .

I planned to pass on this one, for the same reason--I have SO many tops--but after seeing the presentation and the story Louis told about he and Jac in Paris visiting the boutique, I just had to have it.

I ordered the rose and pink, because I couldn't decide which color. My pink one shipped today--that's a shocker.

I also ordered the beige tank and it appears as an "advance order." What is that all about??

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO 

Both my PP and Beige tanks went to advanced order when I ordered mine. PP went into process first, then the Beige followed a couple days later. Nothing shipped yet, including my lace tops. It would be nice to receive these before the 4th of July!

I'm curious how the Rose looks in real life. On air, this shade looked so orange, bright orange at that too. Obviously, extremely popular. I look forward to your comments.