Respected Contributor

Re: New Jean Style Pant Posted!

I did not check the click here measurements except for the length and even that was sort of a guess, as I was going on how the pants looked on the ultra tall models, so I ordered "down" to a petite and it was great.

I think the measurements might have seemed wrong because there is so much stretch in these pants;  they go on and conform to your body shape beautifully.   I have other brands that do this where I ordered down two sizes and they fit. 

In the Linea jeans/pants I ordered the smaller of my two possible pant sizes, and the fit was perfect.  I ordered the same size as I do in Laurie Felt jeans if that is any help.

They hug but smooth you at the same time, no muffin top, no bumps showing through the fabric where it fits snugly.  Size down one at least?  Others can add their experience too so those having issues with hugeness can get a better idea of how to order.  HTH.

Regular Contributor

Based on the click here measurements, which seemed smaller than usual, I ordered up a size and the fit is perfect for me.  I do not like tight pants and there is a lot of stretch in this fabric.  I probably could have gone with my regular size, which would have fit tighter but still wearable due to strech.  I received the brown shade and liked the fabric, style and fit so much I have ordered another pair in black.  I think these jeans are true "winners" and hope Louis will bring them back in a dark denim shade as well

Respected Contributor

I would LOVE these in a rich, deep OLIVE.

Trusted Contributor

I bought 10 P, which fits nicely in the rise, but that may be because the front rise is about an inch longer than the click - here says.  I usually take an average inseam, & shorten when necessary.  

The problem is that the waist doesn’t stretch enough, & I’ve lost a few pounds for summer, so if they come back on in the fall, it would be too tight.  I think I’ll try av12 P.  I’ve been a 10 for years, but I’m willing to go up one for Louis!  I like the fabric, & am growing tired of denim.  

Years ago, when Liz Claiborne’s line first started, she had a pair of pants very similar to Louis’s, but made in a chino fabric in black.  I loved the idea of jeans in a fabric other than denim, & still do!

Valued Contributor

I don't own any Linea woven pants, I don't think.  I have three pairs of the slim ankle pants in XS, gray ponte boot cut in 4, light ponte crop pants (two in size 4, one in 6), most others, whisper knit, leisure in XS.  I like a pretty close fit, but do have thickness in my waist, with narrow hips and thighs.  I am stuck between choosing a 4 or 6 and would like to take advantage of tonight's easy pay.  I am 5 6".128 pounds. not curvy---32 waist, 37 hips---don't want baggy, lose or tight--just a Goldilocks fitl.   Love ALL THINGS LINEA!!  I know you get a better fit with numbered sizes but it always drives me crazy trying to figure out.  :-)

Any help will be wildly appreciated!!!!!???

KK

Esteemed Contributor

@Karlakaye wrote:

I don't own any Linea woven pants, I don't think.  I have three pairs of the slim ankle pants in XS, gray ponte boot cut in 4, light ponte crop pants (two in size 4, one in 6), most others, whisper knit, leisure in XS.  I like a pretty close fit, but do have thickness in my waist, with narrow hips and thighs.  I am stuck between choosing a 4 or 6 and would like to take advantage of tonight's easy pay.  I am 5 6".128 pounds. not curvy---32 waist, 37 hips---don't want baggy, lose or tight--just a Goldilocks fitl.   Love ALL THINGS LINEA!!  I know you get a better fit with numbered sizes but it always drives me crazy trying to figure out.  :-)

Any help will be wildly appreciated!!!!!???

KK

@Karlakaye

I'm a lot shorter than you (5'2") but I do take an XS in all of the Linea pants I own.  Like you I have narrow hips, but I have a curvy backside and a bit of tummy so I ordered these jeans in a 6.  The 6 turned out to be too loose.  So I guess I'm suggesting that you order the 4.  I'll cross my fingers for you.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received mine today in regular (blk) and they fit very well. Have not washed them yet so hopefully won't shrink.....   I ordered a 12,am 5'6.5,my inseam is 30"...  All my other Linea pants are med.    ....

HTH