Trusted Contributor

New Jacket: Faux Suede in 4 Great Colors!

“THE OLIVE JACKET”

beach1

………………….The FAUX SUEDE JACKET, A279526 is truly sumptuous, and I don’t say that lightly………I love real suede, and I don’t claim that faux suede takes its’ place and I never would….but I look at it as a wonderful FABRIC with a glorious TEXTURE……..a new paint  to add to my pallet……..As you are probably well aware, and I have said this many times, there are different qualities for EVERYTHING…..from the restaurants you go to…..to the clothes you choose……to the fabrics you wear…………I always try to find the BEST quality within the parameters I have at QVC. If I don’t like a category of fabrics because I don’t like what I can afford….I’d rather skip the category……..That is not the case with this FAUX SUEDE. The hand is SOFT and BUTTERY, and it has a luxurious pile. The “fabric” drapes beautifully as you can see in the photo of the back of the jacket at the bottom. I purposely  cinched the draw string quite a bit just to show how supple the fabric is…….The color above is …..OLIVE…..one of my go to colors and perennial favorites…….The faux suede fabric has STRETCH, and the jacket is fully lined in a stretch knit for total comfort. You may notice that the lining is not attached at the bottom of the jacket hem, but is connected to the jacket with a  “thread chain”. That is to prevent any pulling between the two fabrics or a “ballooning hem”…………Starting at the top…..the jacket has a STAND COLLAR approx. 2 inches high. There is a front and full back yoke. The jacket has a soft shoulder pad. The jacket has long sleeves, and is finished with a turn back hem, so if necessary or desired the sleeve can be shortened easily……otherwise just turn them back…….There are front “body seams” from the yoke to the hem just to add some shape, and to control the fullness when the jacket drawstring is used……The jacket has a DRAWSTRING, but instead of it tying on the outside, I have chosen to keep the drawstring on the inside with “stoppers”. You can use the drawstring….or not. If you choose not to the drawstring becomes less obvious on the outside, and the jacket looks more like a “barn jacket”. I always like the jacket drawn somewhat to give the wearer some shape, and it always looks good when the jacket is worn open……There are two sizable patch pockets with double snaps…….The front of the jacket has two closures………a ZIPPER and SNAPS…….This does not mean you must use both! Actually, I have many jackets like this, and I only use the zipper when it’s very windy or very cold…..otherwise I just use the snaps. I think of the snaps as having the same function as a….TWO WAY ZIPPER. You can snap the jacket wherever you want creating different looks. If your sitting or driving and want extra hip room….leave the bottom three snaps undone. If you like a more severe look snap it all the way up leaving the bottom three undone……or just quickly snap it at the waist and go…The snaps are attached to a separate placket that goes from the top of the collar to the hem of the jacket. This placket covers the zipper and keeps the look clean….In the photos above I chose a vintage Linea Ponte maxi skirt, and the new OLIVE SLIM PANT, A265615 with a vintage Olive WK TN. The fabulous thing about OLIVE is….it looks good with so many colors….from neutrals like oatmeal, grey and black to scarlet red, fuchsia, purple and royal blue…….chartreuse, lime. pink and beautiful pastels all work with olive…….The new BURNT ORANGE RIB SWEATER, A279525 will look  sensational under the olive. For that matter all of the sweater colors will look great with olive…..from the navy to the camel to the winter white……………….The new OLIVE LINEA BODY LEGGING, A260034, was created to go with this jacket. With a pair of black, brown, wine or saddle ridding boots….the look can’t be beat………………….The TRIPLE RIBBON RING METAL NECKLACE, J331643 in the RUSSIAN GOLD, coming this month, and the bold hoop in GOLD adds just the right pizzaz……….and looks great with the BURNISHED brass hard wear…………………..This jacket has weight, and for my southerns will be all you need this fall winter. For my northerners…….layering will keep you going until the weather really gets bitter. I do see this as an indoor outdoor jacket and worn the same way you would a real suede jacket…………………….enjoy………………………much Love……………………………..Louis

“THE TOBACCO JACKET”

beach

…………..This TOBACCO is a deep warm honey color. This is a classic color in the family of a deep camel and vicuna………Tobacco and HEATHER CHARCOAL GREY is very CLASSIC and very CLASSY……..There is a close up of the drawstring on the inside of the jacket with the metal stopper…I would suggest drawing the jacket to where you might think you would like it before putting it on. It can always be adjusted once on…….With the Heather Charcoal Grey WK TN and Boot Cut Super Ponte pant, I have chosen the GUNMETAL Triple Ribbon Ring necklace J331643, and the GUNMETAL Twirl earring……. IMHO it really doesn’t get better then this…………….enjoy………..much Love…………..Louis

“THE STEEL BLUE JACKET”

beach2

…………………….We may be calling this “STEEL BLUE”, but it’s more of a STEEL GREY with blue high lights. It is actually a little bluer than the photos above. That said it’s a beautiful rich color and looks great with the SLIM GREY PANT, A265615, above. I added the LAPIS WK TN, A72448 for  bit of a punch. I seem to always gravitate to cool greys and blues as a color combination…..as in the color block open front cardigan, A267883, which is still avail in many sizes…….The new SILVER TRIPLE RING RIBBON NECKLACE, J331643, is the perfect “cool”  accent….on the ear the TWIRL SILVER EARRING, J284033………….All in all, a very sophisticated “cool” look…………………enjoy……………………..much Love………………………..Louis

“THE EGGPLANT JACKET”

beach3

…………………….Olive, Tobacco, Steel Grey……….and EGGPLANT are sure bet fall/winter colors……rich, deep and lustrous. These are colors that look beautiful in real suede and FAUX SUEDE. Whether you wear it casual with jeans and leggings, or dressier with trousers and skirts it will always look wonderful….The Magenta WK TN is vintage….so pull out all of your color sweater and start to mix……you can’t go wrong………………The Trapeze necklace will be here next month…..something else to look forward to………BTW….the jacket will be featured on Aug. 22nd on Q Check…..I’m guessing it will also be on my 5:00pm show………………………………………….enjoy………much Love………………Louis

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Jacket: Faux Suede in 4 Great Colors!

This is going to be almost as difficult a choice as the new chunky knit sweater!

I think olive for me.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Must give this one a try.  I think the steel blue for me as I have plenty of olive and grey/blue shades look great with my hair and coloring.  It looks beautiful!  I am so ready for fall clothes......

Valued Contributor

Can't wait. Now which color. That's a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I knew my summer Linea "diet" would end with Fall '16! Olive for me. Love everything about this jacket. I really like all the colors, and will try to limit myself to just one as I have a serious Linea outerwear addiction.

Respected Contributor

I live in FL so really have to be wise about purchasing clothes I won't get a lot of wear of, as tempting as they may be. I think this is light enough that I'll get some use out of it. Even see myself wearing in my freezing office.
I think all the colors are great but am leaning towards the olive and eggplant.

For those in between sizes, are you going up or down. I got the safari jacket in an XS and always wondered if I should've stuck with the XXS. I won't be layering it and would prefer it more fitted than slouchy since I want to wear it as an inside jacket.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty jacket and irresistible. I'm also in the camp of having a serious Linea outerwear addiction and I've learned my lesson with the pea coat--three of the same jacket was too many. I've already got the trench coat in 2 colors and plan to add another one or two, so I'm going to "cool my jets" on this faux suede and order just one! Ha! 

The olive one for me.Heart

Honored Contributor

Design wise, it looks lovely, but (you knew there was a but coming, right?) -- it looks similar to the jacket with the eyelet detail. I own the sage jacket with eyelet detail.

The eggplant is very pretty, I wonder how it would look with the Linea Body raspberry leggings?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

This is an easy pass for me ... I'm really not a fan of the style, plus I have enough real suede to see me through the next decade.
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Design wise, it looks lovely, but (you knew there was a but coming, right?) -- it looks similar to the jacket with the eyelet detail. I own the sage jacket with eyelet detail.

The eggplant is very pretty, I wonder how it would look with the Linea Body raspberry leggings?

@JustJazzmom

I also thought it was the same jacket, just different fabric. That actually was good news for me. I have the eyelet in the khaki and black and it was a good fit & I know exactly what size to order. Makes it easier to avoid the trial-and-error on getting the right size. But, I'm holding the line to one jacket only on this one!