Honored Contributor

Re: Navy & Vivid Pink Blazers Posted!

@TeachRsPet  Thank you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Received my pink blazer, but it sure is wrinkled from the way it was shipped to me in a crumpled up bag.  I am going to have to iron it as it has a double lines going across the front of it right at the bust line, and I need to make sure that those lines can be made to disappear, or the jacket will be unwearable for me.  I hope it isn't the lining of the jacket causing this problem, and it may not be that at all, but I will have to see what happens once I iron it.  

The pink is beautiful-- classic, not too bright, not shocking pink, but a very pretty shade like a deep carnation pink color.  I love the shiny pink lining of the jacket, too.  It is so very comfortable to wear, which adds to its appeal.

(I wore the Louis Dell'Olio black ponte pants with the matching black riding jacket and a long sleeved white tee from a different designer to a meeting, recently, and I felt as comfy as if I had been wearing super soft pajamas. How nice it was to feel that good!)    

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born  Probably better to hang on a hanger & steam out the wrinkles instead of ironing using a hand held steamer.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @JustJazzmom  Can you recommend a decent hand held steemer?  That would be great.  I almost ordered one last month, but the reviews were so across-the-board for so many of them, I just gave up.

Honored Contributor

@jerseyborn; try the My Little steamer by Joy Mangano or its equivalent at Bed, Bath & Beyond. A mini or travel sized one would hold enough water to do one garment; regular sized one does more.
Trusted Contributor

I so want the NAVY!  I have the port, black and forest green already and the fit is perfect.  

I also love the double breasted blazer from last season offered in white or black.  Does anyone know if that style is coming back in a navy?  It is so reminiscent of the Dior Bar jacket and I'd love that one in navy instead - a different style than the three I already have.  

I didn't want to bother Louis with the question in case it's already been asked and I've just been out of the loop.

Respected Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

I so want the NAVY!  I have the port, black and forest green already and the fit is perfect.  

I also love the double breasted blazer from last season offered in white or black.  Does anyone know if that style is coming back in a navy?  It is so reminiscent of the Dior Bar jacket and I'd love that one in navy instead - a different style than the three I already have.  

I didn't want to bother Louis with the question in case it's already been asked and I've just been out of the loop.

Sammijo, that Jacket with the Pearl Buttons will not be reordered in Navy. I just picked up the TCF Blazer in the Navy---now I have 6--Black, Port, Scarlet, Dark Green, Vivid Pink and Navy---I'm done, done, done...but the quality of the Blazer for the price is unbelievable! It should be at 5X the price! Think of that--5 for the price of 1!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Sheesh!  I can now order the navy without worrying that the pearl button jacket will come back in that wonderful color.  I think I've got every navy item that Louis has ever designed!  Love his navy.  Can't wait for the sequin pants in navy!

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:
@jerseyborn; try the My Little steamer by Joy Mangano or its equivalent at Bed, Bath & Beyond. A mini or travel sized one would hold enough water to do one garment; regular sized one does more.

@JustJazzmom   I have the same one.  I did not know how to use it at first and did not work very well and then DH used it to steam a shirt which looked fantastic and he showed me how he used it.  Now I am an expert also.  ;-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own the Little Steamer and it works well, but I found one i like even better. It's easier to handle & fill, longer cord and there's no dripping on the fabric, which sometimes happens with the Little Steamer. It also has a turbo steam option, which comes in handy for tough wrinkles on linen, etc. It's the Conair Extreme Heat Handheld Garment Steamer.

Oh, and I also got this blazer in the pink and just added the navy. Best. Blazer. Ever. I also have it in black, mushroom, red, port, and caramel. Like @Maxine49 , I'm DONE, but this blazer is a steal and would be worth hundreds, if you could even find comparable fit and fabrication. With its classic style, it will last a lifetime.