Super Contributor

Navy Pants that Jac was wearing during PM Style?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

During PM Style,  Louis gave the number for the navy pants that Jac was wearing. I didn't have time to write it down and I can't remember it. I'm wondering if anyone knows what he said.

Thanks in advance,

Fair Lady

Super Contributor

Re: Navy Pants that Jac was wearing during PM Style?

A273303 Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Solid Straight Leg Pant

Super Contributor

Hi Vicky,

Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

I have those pants in grey and they are wonderful.  I am going to cave and order the navy.  

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

I saw them on my TV and to my eyes, it wasn't an exact match. I did order the navy and dark chocolate sleeveless tops so once they arrive I will check which navy pants work. Keeping fingers crossed that everyone is happy with what ever navy pants get used.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think he said they were an exact match, but that they were close. 

Honored Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Once I get the top I will post numbers of what navies look good. Woman Happy

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Marlyn1 wrote:

@JustJazzmomThat would be a big help! Thanks for doing that. I don't know if you have the moss crepe navy pants from last year...the drapey ones? I'm hoping this top matches that pant.

Super Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Marlyn1 wrote:

When I received this tank (A276293) a while back I posted that it did not match the navy crepe gauze pants. Later that week someone on Louis blog ask about pants matching these tanks. I piggy-back on this question and said I was disappointed that the navy crepe gauze items didn't match. He gave a very lovely and lengthy answer explaining that they were suppose to match but weather, etc effected the process. He said that the pants (A273303) were the closest he had and they were a fairly good match to the chiffon bottom not the crepe gauze. Unfortunately his blog recycled yesterday so I can't give you his exact answer. 

Since there is no exact match, I'm hoping I will like these pants when they come.

Seeing Louis have the numbers on his hand and refer to ladies asking about navy pants, I guess that is as close as I'll get to public recognition as a Linea Lady. Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Here is your question and his answer.  That page was still open on my computer!

vickybliss
April 14, 2017 at 9:09 AM
I was disappointed that the navy cropped trouser (A287614) doesn’t match the navy tunic. I read that matching navy’s can be tricky. Which pants or skirts does it match? Thank you

Louis Dell'Olio
April 15, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Dear vickybliss……they were supposed to be the same navy!!! but when you dye a color at two different times, even thought it’s the same fabric, it is more then likely they won’t match. There are so many variables like getting the chemical formula exact, the weather, the humidity…even the seasons will have an effect. I have looked at all navy pants and right now the A273303 is a pretty good match. I would definitely show them together. The pant is slightly lighter but comes very close to matching the georgette border. Also on my 4/24 show I will have the navy crop pebble crepe pant that is also a very close match. So there are two options….a dressier trouser, which by the way has been reordered for July, and the more casual crop pant…..great with wedges, espadrills and sandals…….There is nothing that matches the brown. I will be showing vintage natural color pants with it. Ivory or white, for me it the perfect way to go for summer. With brown it’s a very spectator fresh look……any tan color would also look good.