Valued Contributor

I decided after seeing the presentation of the new crop pants that they were not for me. I’m not sure if the host (Mary Beth) had on the wrong size but they sure didn’t look good on her. They made her look dumpy and her legs looked very heavy. Even though the complete outfit was beautiful, the pants were very unflattering. Just my observation and opinion. I did receive two pair of the lace pants and after receiving them I went back and ordered the other two pair. These are beautiful and very flattering on. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was a great fan of Louis Del Olio, from the very beginning of his QVC appearances. I was one of the women who fought to keep him at QVC. Unfortunately, in exchange for QVC presence, Linea has become an unimportant line of QVC, presenting garments that are nothing special. It is a tragic decline brought about by eliminating high quality garments. Louis’s talents are wasted and ignored. I no longer watch.

Honored Contributor

I thought Louis looked great.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I was a great fan of Louis Del Olio, from the very beginning of his QVC appearances. I was one of the women who fought to keep him at QVC. Unfortunately, in exchange for QVC presence, Linea has become an unimportant line of QVC, presenting garments that are nothing special. It is a tragic decline brought about by eliminating high quality garments. Louis’s talents are wasted and ignored. I no longer watch.

@Vivian 

Thank you for being one of the women who fought to keep Louis at QVC.  I disagree with the remainder of your statement.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I too, used to buy Louis' clothing.  I had a sweater that I wore twice a week until it wore out. I loved it so much, it was one of my favorite pieces ever.

Now almost everything is polyester and made for tall women.  He has very few petites and even they don't fit me.

His fashions are now becoming what my mother and grandmother wore when I was a little girl.  I have lost interest.

I wish QVC would allow him more freedom to use nicer natural fabrics and design a more modern style.

His jewelry looks really nice though.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Now almost everything is polyester and made for tall women.  He has very few petites and even they don't fit me.

Louis brings us more Petites than ever before---pants, crops, skirts and dresses.  Anyone who is a follower of Louis knows this to be true!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I'm newer to the Linea line, but everything I've bought is top quality. I think his fashions are great! In the summer I live in his Boho skirts. Before I discovered Linea I got some from another line here. I still have them, and there's no comparison. I love how he "educates" us about his line, and I always like it better when there is a host on who I think really does enjoy his clothes - I know, I know - it shouldn't matter who sells them, but it makes it more fun for me to watch! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: My thoughts

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Louis brings us more Petites than ever before---pants, crops, skirts and dresses.  Anyone who is a follower of Louis knows this to be true!

I didn't say he doesn't make petites, I said his petites don't fit me.  Plus, most of his petites are pants.  I don't like his baggy crops. I like a more traditional cut.   His jackets don 't come in petites in petite sizes nor does the majority of his tops.  Who wants bottoms with no tops?

As, I said, I lost interest.  I still watch, but not often. Everytime, I have ordered something, I have had to return it.  I do not wear polyester clothing, so his polyester items are out.

I am disappointed with his offerings.  Years ago, they were so much better. QVC's clothing is all starting to look the same.

Respected Contributor

Linea is the only Brand that I purchase from the Q (and some Earth shoes).

I prefer Louis’s Polyester to Silk - and his Whisper Knits to Cashmere - also his Cotton Blend to 100% Cotton.  His Crepe Gauze - I love!  The design, quality and detail of his garments - excellent.

Louis’s Jewellery items are beautiful.