Honored Contributor

Thanks to so many of you on this forum who suggested I try the clothes by Mr. Dell'Olio. I wanted to let you know that I received the purchase I was talking about on another thread in this forum, and wanted to give you my first impressions.

I wasn't expecting to receive the top until next week, but it showed up yesterday. YAY!!! I ordered the Whisper Knit Long Sleeve Turtleneck in Heather Blue, A72448.

Louis DellOlio.jpg

Here is my review. I now can understand why you think so much of his line of clothing, if this one piece is any indication. It felt marvelous on me and you all are right...the fit is great. The cut is a little more form fitting than I expected, but that's no problem. It was true to size for me.

The Heather Blue was a bit darker than I thought it would be, but I am loving it. I think the studio lights are very bright, so watching an item on TV makes them appear lighter in color than they are in person. I have found that to be true with the navy shoes I recently purchased. When I received them, they were more black to me than navy.

What I did not know ('cuz I didn't check all the details thoroughly!) is that it needs to be hand washed. Smiley Sad I normally don't purchase items that need to be dry cleaned or hand washed. So I will check that out for future purchases. Oh, yes, there will be future purchases, that's a fact! Heart

So, many thanks to all of you who contributed to my question about this line of clothes. I will check periodically on his blog to see when he is returning to QVC, as I want to make sure I sit thru a whole hour (or two) presentation of his clothing line.

@Berlybaby @chprsp @golding76 @Barbara in Virginia @nyc1 @morganjen @JustJazzmom @Maxine49 @Luvitorleaveit1 @Marilyn 1 @BirkiLady @DebPA3 @GraceCO @Daysdee @sunshine45 @culebra (and any others I may have missed)

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Dell'Olio Purchase

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler The Q says ‘hand wash’ but many of us machine wash on cold water with cold rinse and either hang to dry or dry on a rack. 

I wash my WK inside out on cold wash/rinse and hand to dry. I straighten the garment out on the hanger so it isn’t overly wrinkled. If you get any wrinkles in your WK, I recommend using a hand held steamer to remove either the package wrinkles or those that occur if folded for long periods inside a drawer.

One further bit of advice — if salad oil or any oil.splatters or drops on this fabric, use a spot of Lestoil with a soft toothbrush on it before machine washing. This prevents the fabric when dried from seeing that/those drop(s). 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

Hi....I wash my whisper knit in a mesh bag in the washer, hang to dry.

Esteemed Contributor

Louis’ respect for women come through in his designs. He understands the real woman’s body & designs for us. His clothes are classy & well made.They are up to date yet not trendy.

When I wear a Linea design I feel elegant, modern & well dressed.I also get a lot of compliments.Louis is an old school master of design with a modern flair!!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler: Welcome!

You really can't go wrong with Linea whisper knits. They usually run true to size, sometimes even large. I suggest always referring to feedback on any item you are considering for fit.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  -  You picked a good first purchase from Linea.  Louis' clothes are really very nice.  I wear his swing WK turtleneck quite a bit and have a few of his jackets.  I really love his clean, classic styles and they're very well made.  You may want to check out his jewelry too.  I recently bought some of his necklaces and they are fabulous!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your first Louis Dell'Olio purchase.  I do wash mine on the delicate cycle and let dry naturally!  I have never been disappointed with any Louis items! 

Super Contributor

Agree with the others - machine wash mine, air dry. One or two tops have a tendency to show some wrinkles or crazing of the fabric after machine washing, some suggested a short time in the dryer helped minimize that, finished by air drying. 

Honored Contributor

World Traveler,

May you wear your first piece of GLORIOUS LINEA in good health for many years to come.  You will find that your closet becomes full because you never wish to part with your Linea; it often coordinates so well with upcoming pieces and it wears like iron.  But, of course, the Whisper Knit and Posh Knit are oh so soft!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler

Welcome to the world of Linea Ladies - a great group of gals!  It is always fun when I purchase too much of Louis's divine clothing sitting on the "Bad Girls Bunch" with them.

Best part when you need guidance about sizing, color, fit,care of Linea clothing, they always come through with superb advice.